Issues connecting controller with headset attached.

Discus and support Issues connecting controller with headset attached. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Normally, my controller will connect immediately with no issues, but I recently discovered an odd problem; when I have the pack-in headset plugged into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MegatonAaron, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MegatonAaron
    MegatonAaron Guest

Normally, my controller will connect immediately with no issues, but I recently discovered an odd problem; when I have the pack-in headset plugged into the controller, it never seems to want to connect to my console. Last night I went to play Titanfall,
    and when I plugged my headset into the controller it wouldn't work. I turned the controller off and back on, but just kept getting a slow flashing light on the guide button. I unplugged the headset and the light became solid as if it connected to the console,
    but any input on the controller was unresponsive. I ended up having to power-cycle the console to get it to work correctly again. Today, same issue... turn on the console using voice command, try to activate controller (headset still plugged in) and the light
    flashes slowly indefinitely. Trying to use the pair buttons on the console and controller is fruitless. Unplug the headset, and the light immediately starts flashing quickly and the headset connects. After watching some Netflix, I plug the headset back into
    the controller and turn it on. Again, slow blinking light, controller refuses to connect until I unplug the headset, and immediately after unplugging it the controller connects. The battery indicator is showing I have around a 75% charge, so I don't think
    low batteries are to blame. I've repeated this several times with the same results.... sometimes plugging the controller into a USB port will cause it to pair, but not always.

Is this a known issue? Is this a problem with the controller, headset, console, or firmware? I expect some issues as an early adopter of a new device, but having so many issues connecting an input device isn't one of them.

:)

MegatonAaron, Feb 16, 2014
  2. EIREBH0Y
    EIREBH0Y Guest
    Updated controller firmware - problems with headset

I updated my new controller a week or so ago, without the headset attached. I've noticed today that people are unable to hear me after 10 or so minutes of chatting. I have to remove the headset and connect it again to temporarily rectify the issue. It was
    working perfectly fine with my old controller (I hadn't updated its firmware).

Is this due to me not connecting my headset when I manually updated my controller? I've tried connecting it and updating again, but it says that my firmware is up to date.

EIREBH0Y, Feb 16, 2014
  3. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Xbox One Stereo Headset almost not peaking voice

Did you update your controller with the headset attached?

{Parity}, Feb 16, 2014
  4. MegatonAaron
    MegatonAaron Guest

Just to update (because I see this suggestion thrown around a lot in regards to controller connection issues) I just finished charging my battery pack and it is at 100%. I plug in the headset, controller refuses to connect. I guess I'll be calling MS tomorrow
    about a replacement.

MegatonAaron, Feb 16, 2014
  5. MegatonAaron Win User

Just to update (because I see this suggestion thrown around a lot in regards to controller connection issues) I just finished charging my battery pack and it is at 100%. I plug in the headset, controller refuses to connect. I guess I'll be calling MS tomorrow
    about a replacement.
  6. Fr0sTy99 Win User

Controller updated still asks me to update

When you did the controller update was the adapter and headset connected to the controller?

If they aren't the controller still 'updates' but not properly.

I got the XO4's and forgot to attach the headset when i did the update the first time and had a similar problem, but it resolved when I did it properly with everything attached.
  7. GS17259 Win User

Headset and controllers

Off brand and wired controllers seem to have issues with head set. The headsets my also require an attachment to be plugged into the controller. Try syncing the controller with the headset in. Hope that helps.
  8. KALEEF Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

Turn off and disconnect all controllers from the Xbox 360 and disconnect the wireless headsets from the controllers.

Connect the wireless headset to the Xbox 360 using the USB cable. Turn on the wireless headset.

Sync the headset to quadrant 1 by pressing the "Connect" button on the on the Xbox 360. Then press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset for two seconds. Do not continue to press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset, as this will change the
    quadrant to which it is connected. If the headset now works without the controllers attached, the problem must be with one of your controllers. If the headset still does not work, then the problem is with the headset.
  9. {Parity} Win User

3 controllers- 3 broken AUX ports

Aux ports? Are you referring to the port on the controller for plugging the headset into? If so many have suggested the headset adapter that attaches to the controller. I use it on my controllers and have never had an issue.
Thema:

1. Issues connecting controller with headset attached. - Similar Threads - Issues connecting controller

2. HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows: My controller and adapter have been humming along nicely for months until a few days ago. Now the controller works fine when connected by USB and the adapter is installed and blinks when I press...
  3. Xbox controller and live connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller and live connection issues: My controller will sometimes connect and if it does it will only last for about 30 seconds. Also, when my controller gets disconnected, my xbox will sign me out of live and say there is connection...
  4. Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth)

in XBoX on Windows
    Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth): I've been using my Xbox One S Controller with my Windows 10 PC for about a month using bluetooth and it worked pretty good up till recently. When I turn on the controller's discovery mode, my PC...
  5. Xbox One X power on issues and controller connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X power on issues and controller connection issues.: I am going insane. Sometimes when I turn off my one X then turn it back on at a later time I can't start any games or apps causing me to power cycle my console. Once Ive done a hard reset my...
  6. Controller Connection Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Connection Issues: I have been having problems with my Xbox controller disconecting with my previously owned Xbox One S and now my brand new Xbox One X. The problem is whenever I am playing my controller will just...
  7. Stereo headphones connectivity issue xbox one s wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headphones connectivity issue xbox one s wireless controller: Having trouble connecting my sons brand new stereo headset to his new xbox one s wireless controller. Headset is plugged in, settings show headphones connected yet no sounds come through headset....
  8. Controller Connection Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Connection Issue: I have an older Xbox One. Just bought a Microsoft Combat tech Controller. Console doesn't recognize the controller. Controller says to push connection button, then push connection button on...
  9. Xbox Controller - headset connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller - headset connection issues: I purchased an Xbox 1 back in April. This is the one where the controllers do not require an adapter for headsets. It seems like every headset or earbuds my son uses, it does not detect the...
  10. Xbox Controller Connection Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Connection Issue: Every since there was a thunderstorm and my controller that was connected to the Xbox electrocuted me I haven't been able to connect it to the Xbox it just blinks for a few seconds and goes off....