issues connecting to live

Discus and support issues connecting to live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so I got an xbox one last friday and set it up same day had some issues installing update ( would lose connection to live) but eventually got the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GiggleSpree, Jun 16, 2014.

1. GiggleSpree
    GiggleSpree Guest

so I got an xbox one last friday and set it up same day had some issues installing update ( would lose connection to live) but eventually got the download finished and my account onto the xbox after which I had to put my wireless network information in again.
    since then, I have only been able to connect to live for no more than ten minutes after which I lose connection and my xbox says that it can't get an IP address from the router (though they are both displaying the same IP) I have power cycled both to no success.
    I am not the only one using the router as it is my families and my Father is adamant that it is an issue with the xbox and not the router. What can I do to stay connected? btw We own a Cisco MR16.

:)

GiggleSpree, Jun 16, 2014
  2. Can't Connect to Xbox Live

Hi Emer1710!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues connecting to Xbox Live. Have you gone through the troubleshooting guide, Issues Connecting to Xbox Live, that is stickied? Do you receive
    a particular error code when connecting to Xbox Live?

Let us know if you have!

Miss Ghidorah, Jun 16, 2014
  3. Issues Connecting to Live.

So I'm using an ethernet cord, which connects to my laptop, which has wireless. It's always worked, so I know I have the right kind of cord. The problem is the connection. I can't get any connection, even to the network ect., and I've no idea why. I've tried
    everything the website has to say, including turning on the DHCP, resetting the modum, and so on.

I have no idea what to do anymore.

Any ideas?

RoaringGinger, Jun 16, 2014
  4. Liquatic Win User

1 month xbox live gold

5. craigdubai73 Win User

Live Connection Issue

Been on to the help desk again, tried USB update and all the cache cleans etc mentioned on the support pages/forum, other than try again letter, the xbox support agent didn't tell me anything other than try again later! great help........
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

Live Connection Issue

Hey there craigdubai!

Just to double check, did you try rolling back the update on your console? The correct sequence is as follows:

• Go to Settings, then System, then Storage.
    • On your controller, press this button sequence: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
    • Select Yes/OK.
    • Let your console restart/redownload any needed updates.

I just wanted to make sure I understood that you did in fact try this.

If you did try that, I suggest giving these steps a shot:

• Power your console off.
    • Remove your hard drive.
    • Power your console on.
    • See if it boots up without issue or if it prompts you for an update.

Let us know what it says when you power your console on without a hard drive in and we'll keep working with you from there! ^_^
  7. Joshua McClelland Win User

Live Connection Issue

Have you completely reset the xbox back to factory settings? Usually this error is a download error where the connection may have possibly dropped just enough to cause an error in the download and then not work on your xbox but may still register as an update.
    Resetting the xbox back to factory usually will take back the update and try to re-download it
  8. xXI Dad IXx Win User

connection to live issue

and who ever suggested 30 seconds on power cycle is wrong im sorry you where miss informed, it is always at least 2-5 minutes.
Thema:

1. issues connecting to live - Similar Threads - issues connecting live

2. Xbox Live connection issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live connection issue?: Hi All! :) Recently I bought some second-hand Xbox 360 for my collection. It was important for me to know if the console is not banned on Xbox Live but the seller claimed he is not sure about it....
  3. XBOX Live Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live Connection Issues: I have a release day Xbox One. For the last 2 days I have not been able to connect with Xbox live. I reset my internet connection, put the xbox in a DMZ, I have run the test for connection and...
  4. Xbox Live connectivity issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live connectivity issues: Whenever i try to play multiplayer in Forza Horizon 4, i cannot connect to any lobby or access any features that include multiplayer. There is no any errors about the teredo but i keep seeing the...
  5. Connect to XBOX Live Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect to XBOX Live Issue: Ma'am/Sir, I'm currently going through some pretty severe troubleshooting with both of my consoles and what was originally only affecting one console is now affecting both. If you could get back...
  6. 360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues: Me and my friend were trying to play portal 2 co op earlier this evening but that was brought to a halt by an error on his end. Everytime he tried to sign in he got a "unable to connect to xbox...
  7. Xbox Live lag/connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live lag/connectivity issues: [img] How is this happening? Live connection is very bad as well, brand mew wifi and very high speed and my xbox hasnt changed. Still a terrible connection! Please let me know other than the...
  8. Xbox live connection issues (again and again and again and again.... cannot count)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live connection issues (again and again and again and again.... cannot count): SOOOO tired. I have 1 XB1X, 1 XB1 and 1 X360 in my house. I have issues again and again and again and again awith connections to xbox live. I need to HARD reset a console to be able to play, and...
  9. Xbox 360 - connection to Xbox Live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - connection to Xbox Live issue: I have unearthed my old Xbox 360 in the hopes of transferring my old Borderlands 2 characters to Xbox One. I have been unable connect the Xbox Live servers. Originally I couldn't log into Xbox...
  10. My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 has connection issues to Xbox Live: I bought a Linksys EA7500 wireless/wired router and upgraded from a much older model that finally died after a good 10+ years of use. This new router works fine for my cell phones, my laptops, my...