Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable

Discus and support Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I plugged the Ethernet cable into the Xbox and the router downstairs(have a very long cable) and the Xbox didn’t even acknowledge that I plugged in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NoTaBeLL, Apr 15, 2019.

1. NoTaBeLL
    NoTaBeLL Guest

I plugged the Ethernet cable into the Xbox and the router downstairs(have a very long cable) and the Xbox didn’t even acknowledge that I plugged in the Ethernet cable what should I do to fix this??

:)

NoTaBeLL, Apr 15, 2019
  2. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Background Downloads Broken?

My xbox is connected via ethernet cable.
  3. DerVaddi Win User

hi,

try this to clear your mac adress:

following
    steps: Settings>Disk and Blu-ray>Persistent Storage>Clear
    it 3 times>Back
    to Settings>Network>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC
    Address>Clear>And
    then reboot console
    when prompted.
  4. Darkwolfecze Win User

Also please chech if that ethernet cable is not faulty. Try to connect it to your computer or other deivce which allows you to connect it.
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there
    NoTaBeLL

Thanks for letting us know that this is happening.

Most people like to use a wired connection as it's usually faster and more reliable, so I can see how a problem like this can be concerning.

If you don't mind me asking, have you already tried another cable or a different channel on the modem?

If it does not show up no matter what wire you plug in, you could be experiencing a hardware problem of some sort.

When you get a chance, try another cable or the steps outlined in our
    Xbox One Connection and Network Solution
    and let us know if they help.

Thanks for reading!
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Do you have something else other than the Xbox to plug the cable into and test if that connects? I'm wondering if the cable is good. Testing with another device will verify if it's an issue with the cable. If not, it's possible that it's just too long?
    The effective distance of a CAT5 cable is 100 meters. It can go longer, and most of the time with little degredation, but it can impact and cause issues to your network traffic.

In addition to that I would recommend logging into the router and checking to see if it recognizes the device via the interface. That way you'll know if it's an issue with connecting to the router, or if it's an issue with the console recognizing the wired
    connection.

Let us know what you get, so far, and we can provide some further troubleshooting, as there are very many different directions we can go from here.
Thema:

1. Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Issues Connecting via

2. HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP: Issues connecting Xbox one controller to Xbox wireless adapter for windows: My controller and adapter have been humming along nicely for months until a few days ago. Now the controller works fine when connected by USB and the adapter is installed and blinks when I press...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 connection issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 4 connection issue: Hi. I have a problem with Forza Horizon 4. I can't log in into Horizon Life (online). When I clicking Connect Horizon Life in the menu in a game, at the top of the screen there pop out the...
  4. Connectivity issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Connectivity issue: Connectivity issue Hi, BossBanana! Sorry to hear about your connectivity issues. Have you tried restarting your router? Unplug your router's power supply, wait 30 seconds and give it another go....
  5. Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth)

in XBoX on Windows
    Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth): I've been using my Xbox One S Controller with my Windows 10 PC for about a month using bluetooth and it worked pretty good up till recently. When I turn on the controller's discovery mode, my PC...
  6. Issues connecting via Ethernet cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues connecting via Ethernet cable: hey, I just purchased a new Xbox one s, when connected via wireless I have no issues at all, however connecting using an Ethernet cable is proving very difficult. If I do manage to connect, by...
  7. Issues with connecting two Xbox one controllers to windows 10 PC via any connection ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with connecting two Xbox one controllers to windows 10 PC via any connection ...: Both controllers work fine on their own, Can connect one controller just fine, it works in all games and input is great, but when two controllers are connected the one that was connected last...
  8. Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI: My son has received a Xbox one for Christmas upgrading from his beloved Xbox 360. We have tried to connect the Xbox one via the supplied hdmi cable to our LG Smart TV (as it turns out not so...
  9. Controller is not connected via usb issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller is not connected via usb issue: I am able to charge the controller fine. When I try to update it says the controller is not connected via USB, please connect and try again. Any help would be great,...
  10. Issues Staying on Xbox Live via an Apartment Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues Staying on Xbox Live via an Apartment Connection: What Country/State/Province do you live in? Modem brand & model number: Unknown (apartment connection) Router brand & model number: Unknown (apartment connection) How many consoles do you...