Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable

Discus and support Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I plugged the Ethernet cable into the Xbox and the router downstairs(have a very long cable) and the Xbox didn’t even acknowledge that I plugged in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NoTaBeLL, Apr 15, 2019 at 8:53 PM.

1. NoTaBeLL
    NoTaBeLL Guest

I plugged the Ethernet cable into the Xbox and the router downstairs(have a very long cable) and the Xbox didn’t even acknowledge that I plugged in the Ethernet cable what should I do to fix this??

:)

2. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Background Downloads Broken?

My xbox is connected via ethernet cable.
  3. DerVaddi Win User

hi,

try this to clear your mac adress:

following
    steps: Settings>Disk and Blu-ray>Persistent Storage>Clear
    it 3 times>Back
    to Settings>Network>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC
    Address>Clear>And
    then reboot console
    when prompted.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Do you have something else other than the Xbox to plug the cable into and test if that connects? I'm wondering if the cable is good. Testing with another device will verify if it's an issue with the cable. If not, it's possible that it's just too long?
    The effective distance of a CAT5 cable is 100 meters. It can go longer, and most of the time with little degredation, but it can impact and cause issues to your network traffic.

In addition to that I would recommend logging into the router and checking to see if it recognizes the device via the interface. That way you'll know if it's an issue with connecting to the router, or if it's an issue with the console recognizing the wired
    connection.

Let us know what you get, so far, and we can provide some further troubleshooting, as there are very many different directions we can go from here.
  5. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Sometimes just restarting the console while the ethernet cable is plugged in can solve the issue.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

1. Issues Connecting Xbox via ethernet cable - Similar Threads - Issues Connecting via

2. Xbox live connection issues (again and again and again and again.... cannot count)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live connection issues (again and again and again and again.... cannot count): SOOOO tired. I have 1 XB1X, 1 XB1 and 1 X360 in my house. I have issues again and again and again and again awith connections to xbox live. I need to HARD reset a console to be able to play, and...
  3. Connection issues after troubleing phone call with microsoft rep

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection issues after troubleing phone call with microsoft rep: After purchasing gold card and game pass. I redeem the gold card on xbox 360. the live pass would not redeem until I went on my pc to do it. I called and was informed that xbox 360 dose not use...
  4. Xbox 360 - connection to Xbox Live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - connection to Xbox Live issue: I have unearthed my old Xbox 360 in the hopes of transferring my old Borderlands 2 characters to Xbox One. I have been unable connect the Xbox Live servers. Originally I couldn't log into Xbox...
  5. Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth)

in XBoX on Windows
    Connection issues between Xbox One S Controller and Windows 10 via Bluetooth): I've been using my Xbox One S Controller with my Windows 10 PC for about a month using bluetooth and it worked pretty good up till recently. When I turn on the controller's discovery mode, my PC...
  6. Issues connecting via Ethernet cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues connecting via Ethernet cable: hey, I just purchased a new Xbox one s, when connected via wireless I have no issues at all, however connecting using an Ethernet cable is proving very difficult. If I do manage to connect, by...
  7. Issues with connecting two Xbox one controllers to windows 10 PC via any connection ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with connecting two Xbox one controllers to windows 10 PC via any connection ...: Both controllers work fine on their own, Can connect one controller just fine, it works in all games and input is great, but when two controllers are connected the one that was connected last...
  8. Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues connecting Xbox One to LG Smart TV via HDMI: My son has received a Xbox one for Christmas upgrading from his beloved Xbox 360. We have tried to connect the Xbox one via the supplied hdmi cable to our LG Smart TV (as it turns out not so...
  9. Controller is not connected via usb issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller is not connected via usb issue: I am able to charge the controller fine. When I try to update it says the controller is not connected via USB, please connect and try again. Any help would be great,...
  10. Issues Staying on Xbox Live via an Apartment Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues Staying on Xbox Live via an Apartment Connection: What Country/State/Province do you live in? Modem brand & model number: Unknown (apartment connection) Router brand & model number: Unknown (apartment connection) How many consoles do you...