Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end?

Discus and support Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, as many others did today I decided to get a Microsoft Game Pass for PC today. Things went smoothly until I tried to download a game, Forza Horizon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JaysonHilliard, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end?

Hi, as many others did today I decided to get a Microsoft Game Pass for PC today. Things went smoothly until I tried to download a game, Forza Horizon 4 to be exact, and instead ran into a download error. 0x80242020, so I copy and paste that into google.
    Results only lead to Microsoft Store errors, and even when I went to the Microsoft support site and attempted to use the Error Code Lookup, it appears this code does not even exist. Worst yet, it appears to only be affecting certain games, as I was able to
    download Void Bastards, but not Forza nor a random game, Gears of War. Whether or not this is due to high volume downloading, its quite frustrating to be left with an error code that leads to no where. I hope this can be resolved quickly.

:)

JaysonHilliard, Jun 12, 2019
  2. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Hey there,

Have you tried powecycling your console. You can do this by holding the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off, plug it out for 3 minutes and then plug it back in and switch it back on.

Let me know if that works.
  3. JaysonHilliard Win User

I have marked this under Xbox for Windows PC, and I stated so in my opening sentence. My apologies if this was not clear.
  4. MisterFizzle Win User

Created german account and can't download free game today

Hi AskingJet,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your game download.

Onyx is correct, having an account in a region that is not the same as your physical location will region lock you from downloading certain content.

The current
    Games with Gold title in New Zealand
    is Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case 0.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

There's a service alert up regarding the marketplace on the 360 at the moment which is why people may be having issues.

Just because a game becomes free on a certain date doesn't mean it will be available for free dead on midnight.Normally thay become available in the morning.

I'm currently downloading The Witcher 2 now so it is up for download for free in the U.K.
  6. KhaoticSamuraii Win User

dead island wont play after download

I would ask you to delete the dead island download, re-download the game and then clear the system cache again. I'm certain that i should work. If not then you're going to have to call Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end? - Similar Threads - Issues downloading certain

2. Download issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download issues: So i am trying to download dead by daylight and it says it needs an update but it cant get it right now please try again later and i dont know what to do 939dd12a-3e0b-44ff-8ab7-fe9522d75c6a
  3. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb - Xbox 360 Download Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb - Xbox 360 Download Issue: I purchased the classic Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb for download on my Xbox 360/One. It downloaded fine on my Xbox One. On my Xbox 360, the download stops at 80% and never finishes. I had...
  4. Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360) Season Pass Disc Download Issue - XBL support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two (Xbox 360) Season Pass Disc Download Issue - XBL support...: Hello again Last month I already created a topic on this issue here:...
  5. Downloading issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading issue: I just bought an Xbox One X, the issue, which also occurred on my original Xbox One, is that when I'm downloading a game, it will download normally for a while, then it will slow down gradually to...
  6. Game download issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game download issue: So i recently got Assassins Creed Odyssey and started playing it when it allowed me to while it was still downloading and i finished the first island and when i went to leave it said you cant...
  7. Downloading issue in Mainland China

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading issue in Mainland China: Xbox One has not been usable for nearly 3 weeks in Mainland China. Games and updates downloading has been very slow, always "installation stopped", could finish download a 1G game patch after 2...
  8. Download speed issue with new Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issue with new Xbox One X: Hi, I recently upgraded to an xbox one x at the weekend. Since then, the download speeds have been horrendous, to the point where i am considering returning it, let me give you some context. My...
  9. : Download Issues

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Download Issues: : Download Issues Try these steps , go to NETWORK SETTINGS, then go to DISCONNECT WIRELESS, then UNPLUG POWER to CONSOLE and ROUTER for 2 mins. Now plug power in for ROUTER and wait 2 more mins,...
  10. "Can't download" on Xbox 360 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Can't download" on Xbox 360 Issue: Hello! Lately I've been having an issue when I attempt to download new games, they sometimes give the error "Can't download", when around seventy or eighty percent complete. At first, I only had...