Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end?

Discus and support Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, as many others did today I decided to get a Microsoft Game Pass for PC today. Things went smoothly until I tried to download a game, Forza Horizon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JaysonHilliard, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end?

Hi, as many others did today I decided to get a Microsoft Game Pass for PC today. Things went smoothly until I tried to download a game, Forza Horizon 4 to be exact, and instead ran into a download error. 0x80242020, so I copy and paste that into google.
    Results only lead to Microsoft Store errors, and even when I went to the Microsoft support site and attempted to use the Error Code Lookup, it appears this code does not even exist. Worst yet, it appears to only be affecting certain games, as I was able to
    download Void Bastards, but not Forza nor a random game, Gears of War. Whether or not this is due to high volume downloading, its quite frustrating to be left with an error code that leads to no where. I hope this can be resolved quickly.

:)

JaysonHilliard, Jun 12, 2019
  2. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Hey there,

Have you tried powecycling your console. You can do this by holding the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off, plug it out for 3 minutes and then plug it back in and switch it back on.

Let me know if that works.
  3. JaysonHilliard Win User

I have marked this under Xbox for Windows PC, and I stated so in my opening sentence. My apologies if this was not clear.
  4. MisterFizzle Win User

Created german account and can't download free game today

Hi AskingJet,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your game download.

Onyx is correct, having an account in a region that is not the same as your physical location will region lock you from downloading certain content.

The current
    Games with Gold title in New Zealand
    is Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case 0.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

There's a service alert up regarding the marketplace on the 360 at the moment which is why people may be having issues.

Just because a game becomes free on a certain date doesn't mean it will be available for free dead on midnight.Normally thay become available in the morning.

I'm currently downloading The Witcher 2 now so it is up for download for free in the U.K.
  6. KhaoticSamuraii Win User

dead island wont play after download

I would ask you to delete the dead island download, re-download the game and then clear the system cache again. I'm certain that i should work. If not then you're going to have to call Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end? - Similar Threads - Issues downloading certain

2. Pre-Paid Download Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre-Paid Download Issue: I preordered a game and was successful in the purchase. Now that the game has fully released, I'm unable to download the game. It says the dlc was downloaded but no actual game. Anyone know what's...
  3. Bandwidth usage issue. Since may 31st my usage has not been accurate. I downloaded a game...

in XboX Insiders
    Bandwidth usage issue. Since may 31st my usage has not been accurate. I downloaded a game...: [IMG] submitted by /u/NFG-BaldingChad [link] [comments]
  4. GTA V, Digital downloaded version freezing issues for Trevor Missions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V, Digital downloaded version freezing issues for Trevor Missions: I recently downloaded the game and played through the Micheal and Franklin missions without a problem. Ive only gotten through the first mission with Trevor (that froze until i didnt kill the guy...
  5. Hey all, I need some assistance with the game pass for pc, having issue downloading games.

in XboX Insiders
    Hey all, I need some assistance with the game pass for pc, having issue downloading games.: I signed up and downloaded the app (pc windows 10) and thought to download Forza Horizon 4 last night but when I came back to it this morning it’s stuck on 50% and just says error when I try to...
  6. Xbox game pass for pc, issues with downloading games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass for pc, issues with downloading games: I just subscribed to Xbox game pass for pc through the Xbox ( beta ) app. Started downloading the game Hollow knight game. But my download speed is fluctuating a lot. For a few seconds it gets the...
  7. Download issues with Microsoft store and Games pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Download issues with Microsoft store and Games pass PC: I was attempting to download Metro Exodus onto my computer using my Games Pass subscription, then, after a while, I decided to cancel the download and do it later in the day, but the download will...
  8. Microsoft edge download issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft edge download issues: What happened with microsoft edge i was able to download some things to the file explorer the other day now all of a sudden i don’t get an option to open or save anything from edge?...
  9. Microsoft Store Download Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Download Issue: I'm on a laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 and I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves. The game is 39 GB, and with my average download speed of about 10 MB/s, it should have...
  10. download issue

in XBoX on Windows
    download issue: I was installing the game Middle-earth: Shadows of War. during the download my pc restarted, and after it has turned it on, it stays at 0% forever. 624da11d-47fe-4702-8aab-bdb2f67a8c64