Issues with connecting to hotel wireless internet

Discus and support Issues with connecting to hotel wireless internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am a desk clerk at a Quality Inn and I have a guest who is having issues with connecting his Xbox One to the wireless internet we have.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jessalynnburns, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Issues with connecting to hotel wireless internet

Hello,

I am a desk clerk at a Quality Inn and I have a guest who is having issues with connecting his Xbox One to the wireless internet we have.

He(Huntinger88) can connect to the wireless internet but it comes up as "strict" and will not allow him to use any apps like Youtube or connect to his games through multiplayer.

Usually here at the hotel, when you connect a device of some sort to the internet, a browser will pull up and let you input our hotel username and password but with the Xbox it is not allowing us to do that.

Is there any way to fix this issue? Thank you!

Jessica B

:)

jessalynnburns, Jun 2, 2016
  2. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Cant connect to hotel internet

Hey there PrinceYhuri.

Generally hotel internet requires you to access the browser to accept their Terms and Conditions for use. I recommend reaching out to the hotel for help with connecting to your WiFi. Often times hotel WiFi isn't compatible with an Xbox console.

Mister Maka, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Slevin310
    Slevin310 Guest
    Xbox Live and hotel Wi-Fi via Ethernet?

I need to find a way to connect my Xbox 360 to the Wi-Fi at hotels, considering I go to one almost every month. I have a game review due by thursday and I need to get this internet working. The issue is, hotels usually take you to a website where you have to log in on a website to connect to the Wi-Fi. This makes the Xbox Live connection impossible if you're doing it through Wi-Fi....

But what if I logged into the Wi-Fi on my laptop and connected my Xbox 360 to the laptop via Ethernet Cable. I have Windows 7 so I'm guessing there's some Microsoft internet sharing option that's compatible with other Microsoft products.... right?

Slevin310, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Issues with connecting to hotel wireless internet

RobertBuckalew, Jun 2, 2016
  5. RobertBuckalew Win User

6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Unable to connect to game servers, but can use apps, see friends, etc. just fine (using hotel wireless)

Are you using wired or wireless connections as they are problems with wireless settings and spoofed MAC adresses?!

You may want to check out this thread here, as there is a workaround for the issue with the wireless connection and spoofed MAC adresses on hotel internet connections described:

forums.xbox.com/.../4932095.aspx
  7. RobertBuckalew Win User

xbox one wifi

8. RobertBuckalew Win User

wifi

9. RobertBuckalew Win User

Windows Internet Connection Sharing Issues

Thema:

1. Issues with connecting to hotel wireless internet - Similar Threads - Issues connecting hotel

2. XCloud beta constant connection issues.

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud beta constant connection issues.: I’ve been trying out the iPhone beta, and it is fun in concept and the UI is very good looking. However no matter what kind of connection I’m on it always has the connection bad symbol on the top...
  3. xCloud Controller Issue connected to PC

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud Controller Issue connected to PC: So I have an Xbox Controller that is bluetooth connected to my PC. I'm able to load games via xcloud gaming, but the controller doesn't appear to be working with it. Am i doing something wrong?...
  4. Disappointed with the connectivity issues with wireless controllers and headsets!

in XboX Insiders
    Disappointed with the connectivity issues with wireless controllers and headsets!: Since I got my XBSX I’ve experienced issues with my headset staying connecting and disconnecting. Sound issues with wireless headsets and OME wired headsets. My controller constantly disconnects...
  5. Xbox360 S connecting to internet issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 S connecting to internet issues: This unit is from 2013. I can't seem to be able to connect to internet. I get error messages that I need to use a different account to sign in. I tried making a 2nd account and got same error...
  6. Halo MCC Steam connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo MCC Steam connectivity Issues: In the last few days, my Halo MCC has had some network connectivity issues. First it started with me playing one game and when that was done I would try to launch another, but it would back me out...
  7. Issues connecting to friends minecraft server (not paid server) on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues connecting to friends minecraft server (not paid server) on Xbox: We both have Open Nat types. Thing is I am a rural area that uses phone wave internet I guess. I have a Netgear Nighthawk router, opened all ports for minecraft and xbox and it put me to a double...
  8. Xbox One X issues over ethernet connection and conflicting with other wired devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X issues over ethernet connection and conflicting with other wired devices: Hi all, I'm having issues getting internet using a wired connection. I'm usually able to get it connected to the internet (after clearing MAC, unplugging and plugging ethernet cable again,...
  9. X Box controller connection issues.

in XBoX on Windows
    X Box controller connection issues.: I have been using an X Box one S controller to play certain games like Forza and Dead by Daylight. I'm starting to run into issues where my controller randomly stops working. I know the controller...
  10. Xbox Series X Controller PC Connection Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Controller PC Connection Issues: I've had my Xbox series X controller for months. It's worked fine until I updated windows recently, now the controller vibrates when I connect it to my PC via USB. But the light doesn't stop...