Issues With External HDD Staying On Or Remaining Off

Discus and support Issues With External HDD Staying On Or Remaining Off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha ahead ring on the XB1X. This weekend I had finished setting up my Seagate Gamedrive but I noticed it constantly turns on and off when the Xbox is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Idolathebound, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Issues With External HDD Staying On Or Remaining Off

Alpha ahead ring on the XB1X. This weekend I had finished setting up my Seagate Gamedrive but I noticed it constantly turns on and off when the Xbox is on Standby with the "When Xbox is off turn off storage" option is checked. I've also tested out standby mode with the box unchecked and the external HDD wouldn't stay on. It still cycled on and off for some reason.

submitted by /u/Idolathebound
    [link] [comments]

/u/Idolathebound, Oct 18, 2021
  2. DENAz666 Win User

"When Xbox is off, turn off storage"

From what I have read, when external HDD's were first introduced they would always stay on, so this option was for those hard drives that would remain on even while the xbox was off :)
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

External HDD spins and stops repeatedly

You can turn off the external HDDs when the console is off by going to settings>power & startup>power & startup mode and stopping the HDD drive staying on when console is off.

If your console is in instant on and set to keep all games and apps up to date this means that the HDD will power up/stay on to download whilst off.
  4. General Boredom Win User

External storage problem after latest system update

My external HDD is doing this wether the option is checked or not, but only while my Xbox is in standby mode. The only way it remains off is if my Xbox is completely powered down.
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

External HDD Stays on

Hey there, killerjames 425! This thread is a bit old. I've got you answered here already. Please check out that post for what your next steps are! :)
  6. JamesTech Win User

External HDD Stays on

I got the 3TB version and this is what I Replying to all the Hard Drive question here as this needs to be fixed Please

I got a WD MyBook and I like it, but it doesn't shut down like it does with a computer

I say Xbox needs to make the Xbox One power off USB when you turn the One off

Please fix this issue Xbox
Thema:

Issues With External HDD Staying On Or Remaining Off

1. Issues With External HDD Staying On Or Remaining Off - Similar Threads - Issues External HDD

2. Externally HDD issue on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Externally HDD issue on Series X: My external HDD is not allowing me to playback captures on the Series X. It locks up and shows a connection issue and reboots the network on the Xbox when I try. Has anyone experienced this or...
  3. Xbox One X External HDD issue since 29/05/2020

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X External HDD issue since 29/05/2020: Anyone else having issues with their external HDD. I have had 2 drives connected to my xbox one x for the last few years, now console is only picking up one if them. I've gone through all the...
  4. [Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue

in XboX Insiders
    [Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue: Hi folks. I don't know if this is insider related as the issue has been present for about 6 months for me now - it has persisted through a full format of the external drive with no joy. I have a...
  5. External HDD issues (Omega ring)

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD issues (Omega ring): I’m not sure if this is an Insider-issue, but posting here because it is a possibility. As of approximately 1 am this morning, I am unable to open anything installed on the external hard drive of...
  6. Console shuts down external HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console shuts down external HDD issue: Hello, i use an XBOX ONE X with the external HDD Western Digital My Book 12 TB USB 3.0. The Problem i got, is that when i go to XBOX Settings → System → Storage → select the external HDD →...
  7. External HDD issues Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD issues Alpha Skip Ahead: has anyone had issues with their external hard drive where it will not show the games but it will list the number of games near the Games info in games & apps. i have tried the drive on another...
  8. Update issue with external hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update issue with external hdd: Since July 2019 update, my Xbox x will not recognize my wd external hdd. I have done all steps already as per your site with no luck. Help please. Used my friends seagate hdd and it was...
  9. Unformatted external HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformatted external HDD issue: sorry in advance for a lengthy post, but wanted to include as much detail as possible to get better feedback...I have a 250GB external HDD on my 360. The HDD is at least 2 years old. Roughly 1-2...
  10. External hdd issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hdd issue: i just got a new 2tb toshiba canvio external hard drive. I was able to install it to my xbox one but my xbox only reads it for pics, video and music, nothing else. It doesn't give me an option to...