Issues with friends/followers Xbox One

Discus and support Issues with friends/followers Xbox One in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for a couple of years now, and had no luck resolving it myself or from contacting support. Basically, I've tidied up... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LostSoulNo1981, May 23, 2020.

1. Issues with friends/followers Xbox One

I've been having this problem for a couple of years now, and had no luck resolving it myself or from contacting support.

Basically, I've tidied up from friends list.
    I used to play a lot of online games, from Destiny, the Gears of War series and all the way back to Perfect Dark Zero.
    I'd picked up loads for "friends" along the way, but I no longer play online as much as I used to, and even then don't play with most of the people on my friends list.
    So I started removing people, but I still get notified when they come online.
    Some of these people I've gone as far as blocking in an attempt to stop online notifications from them.
    This too has had no affect and I still receive notifications.

When the new "friends and followers" system was introduced with the launch of Xbox One it seems to have broken the friends system.
    At least on Xbox360, once you removed someone from your friends list you no longer received notifications from them when they logged in.

I'm just looking for some kind of resolution, as the only other option is to turn off notifications from all friends.

submitted by /u/LostSoulNo1981
    [link] [comments]

/u/LostSoulNo1981, May 23, 2020
  2. Brad Cafe Win User

Will not add friends

Having same issue. Me and my friend both "follow" each other on Xbox One but any attempt to add each other as friends or send friend requests via our Windows Games app on our Surfaces or even via Xbox.com gets an error message. "Can't send friend request.
    Please try again" error EVERY time for months now.

Maybe the system thinks we're already friends because we follow each other on Xbox One but because that system doesn't have Friends despite the confusing labelling of people you follow being called Friends it can't connect us on Windows Xbox.

I only have about 10 Friends on Windows Xbox but am following 13 people on XBOX ONE who I know are also following me back (does that make us friends?)
  3. Lofty Who Win User

Celeb Gametags or well Known Media

4. DiseasedBadger Win User

Xbox friends and followers

This is getting very annoying. Can anyone help?
  5. DiseasedBadger Win User

Hi I've tried all the following steps and unfortunately it has made no difference
  6. {Parity} Win User

Try removing your profile from the console the re-add it to see if that helps. If not then try clearing the cache. Follow these steps to clear cache on an Xbox One:

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.

Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.

Press the power button on the console three or four times. Let us know. Good Luck!!
Thema:

Issues with friends/followers Xbox One

1. Issues with friends/followers Xbox One - Similar Threads - Issues friends followers

2. Friend List Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend List Issue: I sent someone a friend request. They accepted and I show up on their friend list, but they do not show up on mine. They can send me a message and I can reply, but I can not send them a message...
  3. Xbox one s issue with friends list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s issue with friends list: I left my xbox in one night then I wake up the next morning and I go to my friend's list and every shows up but I can join a party or accept invites to ones I cant go to there profile eather any...
  4. Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me but I can't hear them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issue - Can't hear friends, they can hear me but I can't hear them: I've a new enough headset that was working perfectly up to a couple of weeks ago. Now when I'm gaming I can't hear my friends anymore, they can hear me and I know that they are replying because...
  5. FIFA20 Xbox One - online modes friend list issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIFA20 Xbox One - online modes friend list issue: Hello guys, as i cant seem to find a similar issue and have tried everthing i know and read i turn to you. Here is my issue: When I try to access certain Online features in FIFA20 like online...
  6. Issue with Friends List and Party Gamertags not showing up (Xbox Insider Alpha Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Friends List and Party Gamertags not showing up (Xbox Insider Alpha Ring): Aa of March 28th,2020, The Gamertags on my friends lisy and in Party do not show up anymore. I have reported the issue already but I wanted to post here to ask if anyone is having this issue?...
  7. Friend can’t join Realm due to Privacy Settings Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend can’t join Realm due to Privacy Settings Issues: [img] My friend group set up a realm in Minecraft so we could all play together. The problem is, that one of us cant join due to settings issues with there account. I have spent over a day now...
  8. Issue with friends. Everyone appears OFFLINE.

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with friends. Everyone appears OFFLINE.: Everyone on my friends list appears offline and I cannot join anyone's games or party chat. I know they are on because I am texting them. The app also shows everyone is offline. Anyone know a fix...
  9. My friend can’t message me or join parties due to an issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    My friend can’t message me or join parties due to an issue: me and my friend were just casually messaging each other, and not to long ago, he is now unable to message me due to a “suspension”, his gamertag is [Mod removed - personal information] I would...
  10. Party Chat Random Issues With One Friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat Random Issues With One Friend: Before I post this I want to say Ive tried everything Xbox Support or any random site or person has ever suggested. Im a computer technician so I am tech savvy. Please dont respond with obvious...