Issues with gamertag and account region.

Discus and support Issues with gamertag and account region. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've recently created this xbox account for a game i wanted to buy on pc. I later found out that my gamertag was "Mars vdb". Problem is that i've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Azzezima, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Azzezima
    Azzezima Guest

I've recently created this xbox account for a game i wanted to buy on pc.

I later found out that my gamertag was "Mars vdb".

Problem is that i've never _ever_ used this name for anything nor have i ever heard of the name "Mars vdb", so i'm just going to assume the system gave me this gamertag when i created the account.

So i did what the site guidelines told me and tried to change my gamertag, but then it told me i've already changed my name before which means i have to pay to be able to change my name.

When i looked to see how much it costs to change your gamertag i found out my account is in the US region for some reason.

When i tried to change my region to my actual region (Netherlands); it told me i've already changed my region before.

So here i am, i've never changed my name to "Mars vdb" nor have i changed my account region to the US.

So even if i wanted to pay the 10 bucks to change my name; i wouldn't even be able to.

I hope this can be resolved.

Sincerely,

Thomas.

:)

Azzezima, Jan 7, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Azzezima,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. In regards to your gamer tag. Is it possible that you signed in on anything Xbox with the email you used at one time or another? If so then it would assign a gamer tag to it even though you may not of wanted
    to create it. For the region change somehow the region was changed within the past three months. Being there are a lot of issues we suggest you request a call back from a support agent.

When you go to
    Contact Us
    to get it to request a callback follow these steps:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see more options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options
    • Step 4 ----select request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad

Xbox Forum Team
  3. OK Fowl Win User

4. airmattdog Win User

Xbox video's for New Zealand

It sounds like your Gamertag account is set to a different region than the one you're currently located in. The Gamertag region needs to match the region that you're located in, that way you'll be able to make purchases without issue.
  5. Vdeathrow93 Win User

exchange region of Spain to the United States

Unfortunately, you cannot change the region of your gamertag or console. You will have to make a brand new account with the specific region you want. Keep in mind however that if your gamertag region and console region do not match, you may run into some
    issues with downloading and such.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Unable to use money from gift card

That would be the issue then. Because the currency is for Greece you cannot use it for UK purchases. Please migrate your gamertag to the same region you live in (Greece) to avoid purchasing and downloading issues.

support.xbox.com/.../change-region
Thema:

1. Issues with gamertag and account region. - Similar Threads - Issues gamertag account

2. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: So I recenetly received a free name change and decided to use it, I tried to change my gamertag to TheRobinsonson, an error appeared stating i wasn't allowed to use more than 12 digits so i...
  3. Gamertag issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag issue: I need to change the default gamertag but it doesn't let me, saying I've already used the free change... The gamertag is stil the default two words and numbers, so I clearly haven't changed it....
  4. Gamertag change Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change Issue: Hello, I just paid 10 € to change my Gamertag, but it didn't totally change, the old one remains on my profil... (so I have both of them) Does change take some time to be fully active? What can...
  5. So-called "available" gamertag issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    So-called "available" gamertag issues: I was so excited when I found a gamertag that was "available". Until I attempted to change my gamertag to it and it said it was taken; even though when I searched it it did not exist. I spoke to...
  6. Xbox Live Gamertag Issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Live Gamertag Issue: Hello, I have been having trouble with changing my Xbox gamertag. (I have never changed it before.) I was just trying to change the gamertag, but it shows that the page to change the gamertag...
  7. One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta

in XBoX on Consoles
    One Account, two Gamertags? Causing an issue with Sea of Thieves Closed Beta: Hello, I already opened a support request on the Sea of Thieves website with this issue. They directed me to the Microsoft Support for Sea of Thieves. When I opened a support post in the Sea of...
  8. Account/Gamertag Issue - Please Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account/Gamertag Issue - Please Help!: Hi I've got myself in a bit of a mess with my account and looking for help please. I created a gamertag when I first got an Xbox 360 many years ago. Then for some reason when I got my Xbox One...
  9. Account gamertag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account gamertag issue: I will be getting xbox live account soon, but first i went online into my account to change my gamertag because i did not like the one i have now. I had to pay for it, so i filled all the...
  10. gamertag/email association issue; two gamertags but one email account!

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamertag/email association issue; two gamertags but one email account!: I'm really new to on line gaming; got an Xbox One a month ago and within two weeks it started smoking and died. I'd changed the gamertag from a default one to a new one before console #1 (Smoky)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Gamertag change issues

2. change region gamertag

3. gamertag on computer is not my gamertag