Issues with HDR games

Discus and support Issues with HDR games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Before getting into the main content of the post, my setup is an Xbox One X running on a TCL 6 series. Since a recent update in the Beta Ring, I’ve... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CodyDigits, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Issues with HDR games

Before getting into the main content of the post, my setup is an Xbox One X running on a TCL 6 series.

Since a recent update in the Beta Ring, I’ve had issues playing any game that has HDR, such as Assassin’s Creed Odyssey or Destiny 2. The Xbox Guide changes color/brightness and the game image itself does as well.

But when I play a game that does not have HDR, such as Rage 2, I find that I do not have these issues. Game image looks normal and the Xbox Guide also seems to look normal.

Anyone know what might be causing this? Or if the Insider team is aware of this issue? I haven’t seen any discussion on it when searching this sub or anywhere else that I’ve looked.

submitted by /u/CodyDigits
    [link] [comments]

/u/CodyDigits, Sep 7, 2019
  2. toddoxtra Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

Will HDR for games like Gears of War have issues since the game is 1080p but supports HDR?
  3. Nocturnal Ox Win User

Looking for a 4K tv to work with Xbox one s

One major issue to look out for is that on a lot of 4K HDR TVs when using HDR the input lag is very high and therefore terrible for gaming, a lot of TVs won't even recognise HDR content in game mode!!
  4. MetalNutz Win User

HDR washed out on Xbox One X and S on Philips HDR1000 monitor.

Look up Fake HDR. Several games are using this so called Fake HDR including Red Dead 2. That could be your issue.
  5. AaronBird Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

Same issue for me

Open Netflix and HDR enables on my TV even though I haven't started any HDR content. Stays in HDR mode until I open another app or game.

TV: Samsung JS8000
  6. MichaelJKenny Win User

Xbox Oe X Scorpio HDR Washed Out

Take a look at this :

"Xbox One X als UHD Blu-ray Player: SDR besser als HDR?"
    in youtube

I have the exact same problem with HDR.

Moreover, in games, I see no differences with the HDR feature activated or deactivated

Thats strange because I have exactly same TV and difference With or without HDR is huge and colours are not washed out in games
    Games are fine. It is HDR Video content from Netlfix, Amazon, and Bluray Player that is having the issue.
Thema:

Issues with HDR games

1. Issues with HDR games - Similar Threads - Issues HDR games

2. Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX: Hello Xbox / Microsoft . When Renting movies on Xbox the Audio format for ALL movies should be clearly marked for each Resolution. When looking around a movies page on Xbox I Can Not find...
  3. Issues with 4K HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with 4K HDR: I have an Xbox One X hooked up to my 4K HDR television. It's a TCL. My issue is fairly simple. When I play HDR supported games, my Xbox does NOT trigger the TV's HDR game mode. The settings also...
  4. Issue with notifications such as game requests and achievements when playing in HDR using...

in XBoX on Windows
    Issue with notifications such as game requests and achievements when playing in HDR using...: As the title says, when playing a game using the Xbox app in HDR, whenever you get a notification it changes the display mode to show the notification which causes the screen to go blank while it...
  5. Xbox One X issues (HDR, crashes, disconnects)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X issues (HDR, crashes, disconnects): These are all problems I have had since I got the Xbox One X a few months after it launched. Let's start with the worst. HDR. It works fine when actually playing. However, when I finish playing...
  6. Xobx One X HDR Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xobx One X HDR Issues: Hey, OK so I got a whole new setup for 4K. It includes the Vizio P55-F1 (4K and Dolby vision) and A Sony STR-DH790 (4K 60hz and Dolby vision compatible). When I hook up my Apple TV 4K to the...
  7. Xbox One X HDR issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDR issues: Hi guys. Anyone know whats going on here or has maybe experienced the same thing ? Xbox One X, Sea Of Thieves HDR mode colour banding. [img] [img] 77c4d0d3-a837-41fb-9532-c7b2b7baaded
  8. Issue with Xbox One X 4K and HDR on multiple games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox One X 4K and HDR on multiple games: I have just been talking to a member of the Microsoft support team and he advised that creating a post on here would be a good idea so that they can get a head count on how many people are having...
  9. XBox One X UHD HDR Video Dark / Light Issues (Games Look Fine)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X UHD HDR Video Dark / Light Issues (Games Look Fine): When playing UHD HDR video content from a BD or Netflix the colors look really muted. However, games look great. In Gears 4 and Forza 7 I see the HDR options under the game settings. Also, the...
  10. Xbox One S HDR Issue(Games and Netflix)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S HDR Issue(Games and Netflix): I have recently gotten a new LG OLED65B7P and connected it to my Gears of War 4 edition Xbox One S. In the xbox home screen and menus my picture is fine. When I try to open netflix on my xbox my...