Issues with headsets and audio settings (Stereo uncompressed, Sonic, Atmos)

Discus and support Issues with headsets and audio settings (Stereo uncompressed, Sonic, Atmos) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so the issue I've been having of late... Probably a couple months now actually, but anyways. I often game with a headset (have a wireless Turtle... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Milkmantious, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Milkmantious
    Milkmantious Guest

Ok so the issue I've been having of late... Probably a couple months now actually, but anyways. I often game with a headset (have a wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 700, wired Hyper X Cloud II and just
    today bought a Cloud Alpha as well) I have Windows Sonic enabled in the audio settings. And what seems to be happening everytime I'm using a headset is, I'll hop into a chat party with some friends and play a game and talk and what not. And when I'm done and
    leave the party, I've noticed that the audio coming through the headset has somehow reverted to, what I'm guessing is "Stereo uncompressed" because it starts sounding very mono and robotic. The spatial aspect of the sound is gone. So it doesn't sound dynamic
    and all around anymore. But the sound comes out of either the left or the right without a unity to it... If that makes sense. I have tried to change the audio settings. Like perhaps switching from "Stereo uncompressed" to "Windows Sonic" and even to "Atmos"
    will change things back. But all that ends up happening is I'll hear it crackle and then nothing! Just stays in that same mono like sound. The only thing that brings back the spatial sound is doing a full reset of the console (I have a One X if that makes
    a difference?) Curious if anyone has experienced the same thing? Perhaps it's some audio type bug with the hardware? I don't think it's the headsets or my controller as its happened with all 3. Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers

:)

Milkmantious, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Balistic Chick Win User

Headset

Have you tried going into your settings looking for the sound settings. so go to settings > display & sound > audio output> and then selecting one of the different headset audio options (stereo uncompressed, windows sonic for headphones or dolby atmos
    for headphones)? trying a different setting might help you.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Atmos problem

If you’re plugging stereo headsets into your controller or your console for the first time, your headset format defaults to
    Stereo uncompressed. You can use spatial sound with any headset by using one of the following:

Windows Sonic
    – This is the spatial sound setting Microsoft offers for an immersive headset experience. Plug any stereo headset into your controller or plug in an Xbox wireless accessory to your console before changing your headset setting to
    Windows Sonic for Headphones.

Dolby Atmos for Headphones – Dolby Atmos for Headphones is a premium headset audio format that works with all headsets. If you’d rather use Dolby Atmos for Headphones, choose this setting
    under Headset audio. You can learn more about Dolby Atmos for Headphones in the app.

To change headset audio settings:

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide and select System > Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound > Audio output.
    3. Choose one of the headset audio options.
  4. Milkmantious Win User

"I don't think it's the headsets or my controller as its happened with all 3."

This may help seeing as it happens with all 3.

Update your controller firmware
    again even if it reports up to date, it only takes seconds, and do all 3 controllers.

The USB method is my preference.
    So no luck there. I ended up trying it with a couple of controllers. Same issue persists. And I actually noticed it happened earlier today while switching between the wired and wireless headset. I was using the wired one, plugged directly into the controller
    port and everything was fine, everything sounded good. However I ended up grabbing the wireless set, just because really. And as soon as I turned them on, and they paired with the console, the sound reverted again. And once again I couldnt get Sonic or just
    the better quality spatial sound back until I restarted my Xbox. This is getting frustrating.
  5. Milkmantious Win User

I'll give it a shot. Cheers for the help Aquarrz.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Milk,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand the settings are changing for the audio output. Sometimes these are automatically detected depending on the headset. Are you enrolled in the insider (preview) program? There are updates that have been having
    issues with audio from the program. Also, have you tried a different headset see if it does the same thing?

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Issues with headsets and audio settings (Stereo uncompressed, Sonic, Atmos) - Similar Threads - Issues headsets audio

2. Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers.: I purchased an xbox1 S in November 2018. I also got an Astro A10 headset. After a few months the sound on the headset would cut out sporadically. I figured it was buggy head set, no big deal. I...
  3. Headset Audio Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio Issue: When I am in an xbox live party my game volume is too low and voice volume is too high to where I cant hear the game. I have my chat volume on the lowest setting and game volume on the highest. I...
  4. Issues with the Audio in the Headset.

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Audio in the Headset.: Why they can’t fix the audio issues in the Dolby Atmos, I have the Dolby Atmos in headset and there’s so many pop up and issues with the audio, I have like a month with that. submitted by...
  5. Chat/Headset audio issues - Alpha Insider Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Chat/Headset audio issues - Alpha Insider Skip Ahead: This is still a problem after the latest Alpha Skip Ahead update 1910 and really needs to be a priority. I know I'm not the only one. I know we are 'testing' these builds for issues, but an issue...
  6. Audio Issue regarding Razer headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issue regarding Razer headsets: I bought the Razer Nari recently , as stated on their webpage . They said it is able to run with xbox by using the controller 3.5 mm jack , but when i tried plugging into the controller 3.5 mm...
  7. xbox one audio issue (headset dominance)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one audio issue (headset dominance): Hi all. I'm a new xbox one owner. I've so far played just a few gaming sessions (Halo 5 via live gold) with a friend in the UK (also an xbox one owner), and we have a problem. We've searched the...
  8. Headset Audio Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio Issues: Hey all, I was hoping anybody here could give me a hand with some audio problems I've been having through my headset. I currently own a Logitech G633 wired headset and use a wired afterglow...
  9. Audio Issues on XBox One S when listening via Controller/Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues on XBox One S when listening via Controller/Headset: Just bought an xbox one S and have noticed consistent, periodic sound issues. Setup: - Xbox one S - Controllers: Elite Controller (used previously on another xbox with no issues), white xbox...
  10. Xbox One Stereo Headset Audio Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Audio Issue: Today I bought a new Xbox One branded stereo headset and I'm having a slight issue with it, it only plays audio from one ear (the side where the mic is on). I have tried plugging it into other...