Issues with Microsoft family and accessing games/ dlc content.

Discus and support Issues with Microsoft family and accessing games/ dlc content. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Recently, I am having trouble with Microsoft family and the ability to share games/dlc. Issue 1: I am being denied access to destiny 2 shadowkeep/... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Dogemaster21777, May 11, 2020.

1. Issues with Microsoft family and accessing games/ dlc content.

Recently, I am having trouble with Microsoft family and the ability to share games/dlc.

Issue 1: I am being denied access to destiny 2 shadowkeep/ forsaken content if the family member who purchased it is not signed in. I am also being denied the 2 dlcs completely when using Xcloud.

Issue 2: I cannot access Minecraft without the purchaser being signed in. (The Minecraft version is bedrock edition received for free for purchasing the original console edition).

Issue 3: When signed into minecraft with two accounts on online multiplayer, the game crashes and I am returned to the home screen after a few minutes of play.

submitted by /u/Dogemaster21777
    [link] [comments]

/u/Dogemaster21777, May 11, 2020
  2. Vitiated1 Win User

GFWL - there was an error retrieving your purchase history. please sign out and try again later

I am also unable to access and redownload my content, including games and DLC not available on Steam. Hoping Microsoft will fix this and allow customers to access content we paid for
  3. Saul Goode77 Win User

2 Xbox One's with one main account

Yes, you'll have access to all your games and dlc from your "office xbox" and your family will also have access to all your games and dlc from the "living room xbox".

I suggest that you always buy your games and stuff from the "living room xbox". The reason is because your family will only be able to access that content from the console it was purchased on.

If they want to use content on your "office xbox", then you'll need to be signed in on that console in order for them to be able to use it.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Gekaufte in-Game Inhalte nicht erhalten [Purchased in-game content not received]

Hi there,

If you purchased the content on the parent account, then the DLC can only be accessed by the adult account. The only way the child account could access the DLC content is if both accounts are on the same Xbox and that the parent account has the Xbox set
    as the Home console. This will allow digital content owned or purchased from the parent account to be shared with the child account or other accounts on the same Xbox. The parent account will also need to allow access to this content for the child account
    due to the age rating of GTA 5.

Full information on the Xbox Home Console feature can be found
    here

Allowing content restricted for child accounts can be done from
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    or on the Xbox One when the child tries to access this content.
  5. onyxishere Win User

2 Consoles in same house, DLC problem

It does work. I found out the hard way when I gave my son my older console and got a new one for myself and downloaded the new content.

I had to do a license transfer for the new console before others in my family could access the content on the new console.

@Mavxrick - if the old account and DLC was originally on another console that would be the reason you couldn't access the DLC on yours. A license transfer and then redownload of the content is how it can be made accessable by others.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Home Xbox and game sharing expansions Destiny 2

Here is the possible issue with your situation directly from Bungie (the publisher of the game)

Sharing Destiny Content with Multiple Accounts

Some platforms may allow players who own Destiny content licenses to share game content with other accounts on the system.

For information on how to access game sharing features, please see PlayStation Support or Xbox Support.

Players accessing Destiny content through the game sharing feature may not be able to access all DLC, add-ons, promotional items, or pre-order items for which the primary account owns the licenses.

Bungie does not support any issues with loss of access to items on accounts that are using the game sharing features to access Destiny content.

This was taken directly from the following website.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12458

So in short there are certain Destiny 2 DLC that is not sharable.
Thema:

Issues with Microsoft family and accessing games/ dlc content.

1. Issues with Microsoft family and accessing games/ dlc content. - Similar Threads - Issues Microsoft family

2. Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues: Microsoft Jigsaw Puzzle issues I've lost all my purchased collections after accepting the new Microsoft Jigsaw puzzle app (update)!!!! My points have remained but everything from the past has...
  3. Microsoft’s Refusal to Acknowledge Xbox One X’s Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft’s Refusal to Acknowledge Xbox One X’s Issues: Hi Everyone, I have been experiencing multiple issues for the past few months with my Xbox One X (e.g. games failing to load, save errors, system menus freezing, E105 error). I have already tried...
  4. New microsoft account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    New microsoft account issue: Hi! need a new Microsoft account but i cannot have a name above 12 characters but its my Youtube name is there anyway it can be longer? i want my new name to be LightningFuror at least because i...
  5. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE: Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this?? But Microsoft has no feedback forum? I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I...
  6. overcharge from Microsoft and now an issue to get my money back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    overcharge from Microsoft and now an issue to get my money back.: I was told to email. I have blocked my card as soon as I saw these payments. Referring to MICROSOFT ORDER: 2083873212 for R600 and order 1048976946 for R600 On 4 May 2020 I tried to load money...
  7. Microsoft Account Issue with Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Issue with Xbox: Greetings, I have a Microsoft account that I use on my Xbox. However, I cannot manage my Xbox account because it always takes me to this page when I try to go to account.xbox.com to manage my...
  8. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller 2 - Stick drift issues - Let us adjust the DEAD ZONE in your...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller 2 - Stick drift issues - Let us adjust the DEAD ZONE in your...: I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I have just sent mine in for repair under warranty. But this could have been easily fixed by...
  9. Problem mit der Microsoft Familienfunktion[Translation-Microsoft Family Feature Issue]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem mit der Microsoft Familienfunktion[Translation-Microsoft Family Feature Issue]: I made an account with the security settings for kids, but now is the problem that I can't switch it on adult cause I deleted the adult account unintentionally. I down know the email or password...
  10. Microsoft Family Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Issues: So a couple years ago, I made my own Microsoft account at a friend's house, so the system assumed I was his kid. Lately, I've been trying to get a Minecraft realm going so I can play with my...