Issues with Profile sign in on Xbox 360 after console transfer

Discus and support Issues with Profile sign in on Xbox 360 after console transfer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just purchased a new 360 slim console and transferred the content over from my older model. I was having the annoying problem of having to sign... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darnzig, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Darnzig
    Darnzig Guest

Hi, I just purchased a new 360 slim console and transferred the content over from my older model.

I was having the annoying problem of having to sign into my profile every time I started the console, so I deleted all other profiles on the system and turned account preference on, no luck there..., and followed advice given to other users to delete profile
    and clear system cache, turned account preference on and it finally worked.

But now I have lost all recent saved game data and have to restart everything all over again... not happy about that as I was reluctant to use the profile deletion fearing that exact thing would happen, so that's some bad advice on your end... any fix to
    the problem???

:)

Darnzig, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Dlow128
    Dlow128 Guest
    Transfer data question.

Hi, to transfer content licences associated with your console you must sign in to the console with the profile used to purchase the content. Once signed in go to Settings > account > billing options and select licence transfer following the on screen instructions to transfer the licences to the new console so other profiles can use the content. Content can not be transfered across profiles only across consoles - hope this helps

Dlow128, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Tony72495
    Tony72495 Guest
    Red Dead Redemption Error Message Help

I fixed it.

Go to Xbox.com and find your security settings for your profile, then find "Xbox 360 Profile Protection" and set it to require the profile to redownload the profile every time you sign in (this will also sign you off of all 360 consoles you were previously signed into).

Since my 360 had been set up to automatically sign in, I'm thinking the Xbox One thought I was still signed in on my 360, and obviously you can't be signed in on multiple Xbox's on the same profile at the same time, so it flagged an error.

At least that's my guess. I also cleared my Xbox 360 local data and did a console restart.

Just follow those steps and it should hopefully be fixed.

Tony72495, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Spl0inker Win User

Transfer one account to another

Actually you can genious pay attention to the last line:

Can I transfer content from one Xbox LIVE account to another?

No. Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

•To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

•To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Can I transfer my profile license for the DLC I bought?

Unfortunately the only way to do it is to purchase it with the account you want it on. Licenses can't be transferred between profiles, only consoles.

Here are the details direct from the support site on the subject.
    support.xbox.com/.../download-content

The Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.

I hope this helps.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Issues with DLC; Unable to play from second profile.

Hi, have you tried doing a license transfer on your console at all.

-

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

-

This step is critical after doing the console license transfer.

-

After the licences have been transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licences.

After you have followed these steps, content can be used by other profiles on your console, as well as when you’re not connected to Xbox Live.

You will need to do the license transfer while signed into the profile that purchased the content.
  7. voteDC Win User

Don't know what I should do

[quote user="Arkham99"]

The way around it is to have the profile that purchased the content redownload it on the new console, eventhough it's all ready been transferred, after this step any profile on the new console will be able to access it again.

[/quote]No it wont, as the console license will not be on that 360.

So other profiles will not be able to access the content and nor will the purchasing one if there is no LIVE connection.

If he hasn't done a license transfer to this new console then for other accounts to be able to access the content, the purchasing account must be signed into LIVE at the same time.
  8. Galactic Geek Win User

videos on 360 move to xbox one

I looked it up; in regards to the Xbox 360 only:

[quote user="Xbox Live Support"]

Can I transfer content from one Xbox LIVE account to another?

No. Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see
    Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile

To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see
    Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another
    ?

[/quote]

Here's the link (you may have to scroll down a bit):
    Xbox Live Support
Thema:

1. Issues with Profile sign in on Xbox 360 after console transfer - Similar Threads - Issues Profile sign

2. Xbox 360 Profile issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Profile issues: Is it just me or is anyone else having a issue with 360 profile not being able to download it to xbox one? submitted by /u/Apexassassln [link] [comments]
  3. Possible issue with new version (Alpha): Profile not accessible

in XboX Insiders
    Possible issue with new version (Alpha): Profile not accessible: I can't go to my profile page, always drops me with an error message. submitted by /u/NotFromMilkyWay [link] [comments]
  4. Profile Sign-In Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile Sign-In Issues: I was wondering if somebody could help me. The xbox is loading up at normal until the stage where you're required to sign into a profile. When the profile is selected; it brings up the loading...
  5. Issued 2-week suspension by enforcement team for "inappropriate profile content" with ZERO...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issued 2-week suspension by enforcement team for "inappropriate profile content" with ZERO...: This morning, 3/11/19 I received an email from the Xbox enforcement team stating I have received an account suspension from 3/11/19 to 3/25/19. The report states as follows: This account's...
  6. Xbox Profile Sign-in Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Profile Sign-in Issues: Hey everytime I sign into my Xbox Live profile it immediately signs me back out. I've already reset the console and checked the internet connection. I have been playing Anthem if that has anything...
  7. xbox one profile sign in issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one profile sign in issue: We have 4-5 different profiles set up with our xbox. All other profiles are working fine. One profile when we click on it to sign in it just brings us back to all the profiles again without...
  8. Backwards compatibility issues can't sign into 360 profile!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Backwards compatibility issues can't sign into 360 profile!!: Basically, I can access my 360 games, but for whatever reason it's not recognizing my profile when I open the game. It asks me to download my profile, then says it can't sign into Xbox Live, then...
  9. Various Profile Sign in Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Various Profile Sign in Issues: Everytime try to sign in it asks me to redownload my account. I have delted my account. cleared cache three times, restarted xbox then redownloaded it various times. Everytime, it stops...
  10. Issues signing into my xbox live profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues signing into my xbox live profile: I'll be playing a game for about an hour and about midway, xbox live has been randomly disconnecting and then I would have to reconnect which it kind of does. My internet (wifi) is fine of what I...