Issues with redeeming Xbox Game Pass for PC

Discus and support Issues with redeeming Xbox Game Pass for PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My friend gifted me two Xbox Game Pass codes and I decided to redeem it. The first code worked prefectly fine, added in the credit card details and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LaserSpud, Oct 17, 2020.

1. LaserSpud
    LaserSpud Guest

My friend gifted me two Xbox Game Pass codes and I decided to redeem it. The first code worked prefectly fine, added in the credit card details and things like that to redeem it. After that I switched off the recurring subscription. Then, I proceeded to
    redeem the second code but when I pasted it into the redeemer thing,

I got a message saying

"Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page.
    Redeem:

Microsoft 365 Family

Microsoft 365 Business Apps

Xbox. Please redeem this code on your console."

I am beyond confused on what to do. Btw the code is going to expire Nov 2020 so I would appreciate if someone can help me out asap.

PS. The message appeared for both codes only after I redeemed one of them and also my console (Xbox 360) is no longer working, so I cant redeem it there either Issues with redeeming Xbox Game Pass for PC :p

:)

LaserSpud, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Redeemed the wrong form of Game Pass

If the code itself was for Xbox Game Pass, then it would have been redeemed as Xbox Game Pass regardless of where you redeemed it. There would be no way to redeem it as Game Pass for PC.

The only way it would have converted to something else is if you have Game Pass Ultimate (which includes both Game Pass for console and Game Pass for PC). If that is the case, then it's not possible to revert it back to what it was before being converted.

If the code itself states it is for the console and you don't have Ultimate, you would want to contact the retailer you purchased it from and see if there is anything they can do since it is the wrong card.
  3. ChellyChopstix Win User

Can't redeem code for 3 months free Xbox Game Pass for PC

There are separate subscriptions for Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass. I would double check the promotion and make sure it was meant to be a PC code. If it was and you aren't able to redeem, it's possible a wrong subscription was sent - that's my guess
    anyways
  4. RagingSawrus Win User

Requesting discord nitro

But he is a pc member and at the discord "how to redeem" page it states;
    Note: Only Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers receive a Nitro subscription. At this point in time, there isn't a way for PC only Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers to claim the Nitro gift.
  5. Ironwilled Win User

xbox game pass question

6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Have not been given my Discord/Spotify codes for Xbox Gamepass Ultimate

If you're on the Xbox One then please launch the Game Pass app and look for the Redeem Reward banner.

If you're on the PC then keep an eye on your notifications in the Xbox Companion App or the Beta App for info on redeeming the codes
Thema:

1. Issues with redeeming Xbox Game Pass for PC - Similar Threads - Issues redeeming Game

2. Xbox gift card redeem issue - no receipt

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox gift card redeem issue - no receipt: I received several gift cards for Christmas last year, and one that I was just going to use today I am now noticing requires the code printed on the receipt. There is no scratch off on the back....
  3. Issue redeeming my Games Pass Ultimate Reward

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue redeeming my Games Pass Ultimate Reward: I recently redeem a reward for skins in Sea of Thieves. I did everything right and redeemed the code but it did not download onto my XB1. It does not appear under the game management screen....
  4. Redeem code issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeem code issue: I was gifted a code but when i went to redeem it there was an error ‘something went wrong try again. Read the instructions for your code again’ so i waited a few hours and it still wouldn’t work...
  5. game code redeem issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game code redeem issue: I got Minecraft dungeons with BestBuy and I redeemed the code but all it showed was that I owned it but I couldn't actually download it. So I went out of the store and went back in and it showed...
  6. Xbox One X Gears 5 limited edition game code redeem issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Gears 5 limited edition game code redeem issue: Hello community, I recently bought a Xbox One X Gears 5 limited edition in Japan and ran into game code redeem issue. Typed in Gears 5 and Gears 4 game codes and received both games smoothly but...
  7. Issues Redeeming Xbox Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues Redeeming Xbox Game Pass: I recently purchased an Xbox One bundle which included a one month free trial for xbox game pass. When I went to redeem the code everything went smoothly but at the last minute an error message...
  8. Xbox Live Gold trial 14 days - free game redeem issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold trial 14 days - free game redeem issue: Hello, Recently I got a new Xbox One S and along with it came a 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold subscription. While I could successfully get Battlefield 1 and Race the Sun which are for X1, I...
  9. Xbox / Game gift card redeem issues

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox / Game gift card redeem issues: Yesterday we purchased GTAV GREAT WHITE via the Game (UK) website using a gift card that we had, and then trying to redeem the code on the Xbox one it stated that it had already been redeemed,...
  10. assassin creed black flag redeem game content code issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    assassin creed black flag redeem game content code issue: assassins creed black flag redeem code too short or incorrect. Thread created by daddio the best bout the assassins creed black flag over Christmas, game downloaded ok but when to come download...