Issues with updating games over 4G

Discus and support Issues with updating games over 4G in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Until about 2 weeks ago I had no issues with updating or downloading anything over 4G (I use 4G as my home broadband due to poor fixed line... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Classic Rorbs, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Issues with updating games over 4G

Hi. Until about 2 weeks ago I had no issues with updating or downloading anything over 4G (I use 4G as my home broadband due to poor fixed line broadband speeds in my area). Around 2 weeks ago I started to get "Installation Stopped" when trying to download
    anything I own or any game updates. It also comes with the 0x87e00005 error. I've researched these and have tried all the fixes, but still I have this problem. If I connect my xbox to the very slow fixed line broadband, it has no issues. Also, if I tether
    to my mobile phone, it won't download anything (same error code). Is anyone aware of if anything has changed in the last 2 weeks. I've been using the 4G home broadband for around 2 years with no issues (except it has always reported double NAT). Really don't
    want to go back to a 6mbps connection given that game sizes are getting bigger!! Any help gratefully accepted. Thanks.

:)

Classic Rorbs, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Shok1t Win User

I have had this issue ongoing for the last 2 months and can not find a solution ANYWHERE! I have tried a dozen different methods to try and solve this, i've spoke to four different Xbox Gamers through the Xbox support site, had two phone calls from Microsoft
    and have spoke to Three network.

I am on Three network and Tether my Internet connection to the Xbox Via a Huawei Phone.

At first I though it was just my Call of Duty:Modern Warfare game which I attempted to Install in December when it came to downloadin the last update" Installation Stopped" occurred so I assumed it was down to my storage space and bought a Seagate hard drive
    for extra memory. This did not work.

Recently Since 2 weeks ago Fifa 20 and Forza will not update I have the same issue "Installation Stopped" the xbox attempts to install all three games at seperate times for a milli second then "Installion Stopped" will appear straight away.

I have tried ….

1. Uninstalling then Installing the game again.

2. Resetting the Xbox to soft factory Settings.

3. Clearing the Alternate Mac Address

4. Changing the DNS settings.

5. Changing the NAT moderate to Open through the Alternate port selection.

6. Doing all of the above then unplugging the xbox and leaving it switched off for more then 5 minutes.

I have spoken to Microsoft and Three, more then once and nobody has a clue how to solve this.

Im guessing I am going to have to fork out for a router or modem like talk talk, virgin or a cheap home broadband just to use the xbox.

If anybody knows an alternative solution to help out a dear gaming brethren from spending unnecessary money please help out.

Peace.
  3. HyperVenom523 Win User

4G speeds are not enough for gaming since games are huge in size and 4G data speed has caps and huge latency, it is doable but is painful you can be updating 1 game for days
  4. Bestseller23 Win User

if you are using three home fi with a Huawei router b535 you are not the only one.
    Is this a known issue then? I've been using a mobile hotspot from my phone for a few weeks with no issues, then suddenly I get "Installation Stopped" on any update. Spoke to Three, and they quickly found something on a Microsoft forum (possibly this one)
    that said downloading on consoles was never supposed to be possible via a hotspot. But going down the route of 4G Home Broadband should provide a much better service that is compatible with XBox's minimum requirements for updating as well as streaming...

Are you saying this isn't the case?
  5. djmistaspot Win User

As others are saying, you should contact your provider
  6. Classic Rorbs Win User

4G speeds are not enough for gaming since games are huge in size and 4G data speed has caps and huge latency, it is doable but is painful you can be updating 1 game for days
    Thanks. I've been using 4G for 2 years with no issues. My 4G connection gives me around 30mbps whereas the fastest fixed line speed I can get is 6mbps so I'd much rather be using the 4G. It's been fine for 2 years but now just won't have it.
Thema:

1. Issues with updating games over 4G - Similar Threads - Issues updating games

2. Issues with installing and updating games and apps on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with installing and updating games and apps on Xbox One: Hello, I have recently ran into an issue with updating and installing games from the microsoft store on my Xbox One console. Whenever I try to set an update going or install a game from the...
  3. Problemas con atualización de juegos [Edit - Translation] - Game update issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemas con atualización de juegos [Edit - Translation] - Game update issues: Hola a todos. Tengo un problema, cuando quiero actualizar un juego (puede ser cualquiera, en este caso fortnite), este no avanza y se queda pegado en 0,0%, por lo cual reinicio la consola, el...
  4. Ready to install issue since latest skip ahead update when going to manage game ready to...

in XboX Insiders
    Ready to install issue since latest skip ahead update when going to manage game ready to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MDKCODE187 [link] [comments]
  5. Ea access games issue with downloading games in the new update

in XboX Insiders
    Ea access games issue with downloading games in the new update: I'm in the alpha ring, and since the new update with the games and apps part of the dashboard, EA access doesn't show its games in the 'full library' tab. Plus, when going into the EA app and...
  6. Issue with the latest update and library of games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with the latest update and library of games: Since the latest Dashboard update, if the console starts disconnected for some reason and you go to "My games and apps", the library disappears like if there were no games installed. To avert this...
  7. Recurrent issue with game updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recurrent issue with game updates: To sum things up, about 2 or 3 months ago, every single game update from games such as Overwatch, Monster Hunter: World, The Division 2, Apex Legends, Destiny 2 and, most recently, Warframe, has...
  8. Anyone else having issues with multiplayer games after the latest xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else having issues with multiplayer games after the latest xbox update?: Morning all, I've been having trouble with our Xbox One X ever since we updated the system to the newest update. None of our regular online multiplayer games are working at all. Overwatch will...
  9. For those having issues Updating, logging into Xbox or playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    For those having issues Updating, logging into Xbox or playing games: For those having issues updating, logging in or playing games a manual update using a PC and flash drive does seem to do the trick. I updated using that method and i am now able to play my games...
  10. Xbox is showing 2 individual updates for some games, would this be a storage issue? It just...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is showing 2 individual updates for some games, would this be a storage issue? It just...: submitted by /u/ManicFirestorm [link] [comments]