Issues with voice recording in messages

Discus and support Issues with voice recording in messages in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For those of you in the alpha skip ahead ring, when you record a message and you play it back do you ever notice small little crackles in the playback?... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Midice, Sep 15, 2020.

1. /u/Midice
    /u/Midice Guest

For those of you in the alpha skip ahead ring, when you record a message and you play it back do you ever notice small little crackles in the playback? I haven't had this issue before and I believe it's only for the playback on voice recordings. I jumped into a party with others and they say they don't hear any small crackles when I talk which leads me to believe it's only in voice messages.

submitted by /u/Midice
    [link] [comments]

/u/Midice, Sep 15, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Help Mic not working !!!!!!!

Can you check with the following steps if it's a network issue or a setting or a hardware issue:

First, bring up the messaging area in the guide and try to compose a new message. Instead of typing a new message, press the microphone icon and try to record a voice message.

After you recorded your message, listen to the message. Does the Microphone work here?

If so, then certain network settings or maybe an enforcement on your account prevent you from using voice in partychat.

It might also be a temporary issue.

If you are not able to record your voice in a voice message, check the headset on a different controller if possible.

Also make sure the plug is properly seated in the controller connector.
  3. GrowlingYapper Win User

Voice Message's

Voice messaging is only with the preview program at the moment.

King Koennigjay are you in the preview program, there is an issue with the TB 500X, I use them when you want to send a voice message its recorded you can listen to the recording then send it but using the 500X you cannot hear the recording if you still send
    it the other person can hear it ok, the issue is being looked at and as I said it is only working with the preview members.
  4. Arminator Win User

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIX THIS (Mic isn't working on Xbox)

Can you check if the issue is "locally" or a networking issue by doing the following:

Open the message tab on your console and compose a new message. Since you don't actually send the message it doesn't matter who you choose as recipient.

Instead of typing the message, record a voice message.

Are you able to listen to your recorded voice message without problems? Then you need to troubleshoot your (and your friends) network settings and most importantly that everyone (not just you) in your party has an open NAT.

If your voice message isn't recorded, then this is a local issue. Check if the cable of the headset is having a loose contact, or if the wires are broken. Try again to use the microphone, and wiggle the cable around, to see if the microphone stops working.
  5. CRB79ArmyVet Win User

Mic test?

open messaging, record a voice message, play, delete, rinse, repeat.
  6. Nuts is nuts Win User

win10 screen record can't hear the voice I made

Yes, I’ve tried this and it’s not working

everything is normal,i can hear the voice

and the inspection hasn’t a issue

the problem is the screen record video can’t record the voice from my mic

means when i record , my friend can hear my voice

the video record anything but my voice
Thema:

1. Issues with voice recording in messages - Similar Threads - Issues voice recording

2. Issues Downloading Users Private Voice Message Files from Microsoft Enforcement Portal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues Downloading Users Private Voice Message Files from Microsoft Enforcement Portal: Good Afternoon ! [mod removed] We are currently having issues utilizing the Microsoft Xbox enforcement portal. We are able to log into the system without issue and search for any Xbox system...
  3. Xbox Party issue, no voice chat working for others

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Party issue, no voice chat working for others: Trying to party with friends. First I can hear myself. My voice shows up on the overlay. I can join parties and people can hear me. I cannot hear them. Also, they have been in their own parties...
  4. Voice chat, in game audio issues only with Xbox players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Voice chat, in game audio issues only with Xbox players: Suddenly am unable to hear/talk to other xbox players during games or chat. Can still communicate with ps4 players. Nat is open, crossplay enabled, updated controllers, tried different...
  5. Issues with voice chat, text chat and party mode [XBOX LIVE]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with voice chat, text chat and party mode [XBOX LIVE]: I´m having problems with my voice chat, text chat and party. I´m not able to speak or send any menssages to anyone. It appears "your privacy settings prevents you from chating with other people"....
  6. XBOX PC Console Companion - Party Voice Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX PC Console Companion - Party Voice Issues: Strange issue I'm encountering. I will join a party chat. Chat loads up, the ring around my player icon Flickers as if I'm talking, but I'm not. I cannot hear my friends, and they cannot hear me....
  7. Xbox Console Issue , anyone know how to fix I provided a video - sorry for the voice in the...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console Issue , anyone know how to fix I provided a video - sorry for the voice in the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/FindingSum3662 [link] [comments]
  8. Issues with my Microphone in Ingame Voice chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with my Microphone in Ingame Voice chat: Hello, I've been having the same problem for a few months now and decided to seek help. When I'm playing Apex Legends my microphone only works when I'm in an xbox party with the people I'm...
  9. Voice chat issue in Sea of Thieves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Voice chat issue in Sea of Thieves: I'm having this issue, where no one can hear me in voice chat, and either can I hear them. The only person I can hear is my friend. c2b5d198-d3ae-4caf-a152-5559799ccbd1
  10. Incoming voice issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incoming voice issues: I have been having major issues with chat of all kinds in the last week. It doesnt matter if im in a party not in a party, hosting or not hosting. Incoming voice audio is muted on the headset...