Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8

Discus and support Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; 1. Why don't CD images embedded in MP3s display in Xbox Music but do display in the Music + Videos application? 2. Why are CD images associated with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Peter-Studio GP, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8

1. Why don't CD images embedded in MP3s display in Xbox Music but do display in the Music + Videos application?

2. Why are CD images associated with MP3s that are not at all associated with a particular MP3? I transferred 2 MP3s to the phone, navigated to them in Xbox Music, and was presented with a CD image that was not the one embedded with the MP3s and was also
    not at all related to the MP3s.

3. When will syncing between phone and computer be available again?

:)

Peter-Studio GP, Jan 28, 2014
  2. Mister Parks
    Mister Parks Guest
    Can't connect windows phone 7 device to xbox music pass

Hello Jogador,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Xbox Music pass, and Xbox Music are not available on Windows Phone 7 devices. Xbox Music is available on Windows 8, Windows RT tablets, Windows Phone 8, and the Xbox 360 console.

I hope that this information helps.

Mister Parks, Jan 28, 2014
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    registering windows phone on xbox music

I think it might mean you have to sync it with the Windows Phone for Desktop app (Windows 7), the Windows Phone app (Windows 8) or even Windows 8's Xbox Music app.

maxen, Jan 28, 2014
  4. Drakken Saer
    Drakken Saer Guest

Hi there BassHarmonic!

I'll answer your questions in the order they were addresses.

1. The Music+Videos app will try to use metadata native to the phone, as well as metadata that was obtained from the device the songs synced from. Xbox Music will only use metadata obtained from the Xbox Music Store, as a result some content data may be
    conflicting and this can happen.

2. I would imagine that this may be tied into answer one, but without knowing the metadata on the song itself, I wouldn't be certain.

3. Syncing is available using any of the following methods:
    www.windowsphone.com/.../sync-wizard

Drakken Saer, Jan 29, 2014
  5. Mister Parks Win User

Can't connect windows phone 7 device to xbox music pass

Hello Jogador,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Xbox Music pass, and Xbox Music are not available on Windows Phone 7 devices. Xbox Music is available on Windows 8, Windows RT tablets, Windows Phone 8, and the Xbox 360 console.

I hope that this information helps.
  6. maxen Win User

registering windows phone on xbox music

I think it might mean you have to sync it with the Windows Phone for Desktop app (Windows 7), the Windows Phone app (Windows 8) or even Windows 8's Xbox Music app.
  7. Drakken Saer Win User

Hi there BassHarmonic!

I'll answer your questions in the order they were addresses.

1. The Music+Videos app will try to use metadata native to the phone, as well as metadata that was obtained from the device the songs synced from. Xbox Music will only use metadata obtained from the Xbox Music Store, as a result some content data may be
    conflicting and this can happen.

2. I would imagine that this may be tied into answer one, but without knowing the metadata on the song itself, I wouldn't be certain.

3. Syncing is available using any of the following methods:
    www.windowsphone.com/.../sync-wizard
  8. MikeM132 Win User

Update DRM license for all XBOX music pass content on WP8

I have the same issue and tried downloading one track directly to the phone (wifi). This allowed tracks downloaded via Xbox Music App and transferred to phone via Windows 8 app to play. Windows 8 app apparently does not transfer DRM to the phone on it's
    own. I agree, it is a TERRIBLE music transfer app. WMP would be fine, but WMP cannot see Xbox Music "rental" content---only content downloaded using Zune software. This is a problem.
  9. JontheGeekGuy Win User

Windows Phone 7.8

Unfortunately Xbox music is only supported on Windows phone 8 devices
Thema:

1. Issues with Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8 - Similar Threads - Issues Music Windows

2. Help. audio issue, music transfer, and dissapearing saved game info

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. audio issue, music transfer, and dissapearing saved game info: First off, music transfer- i have tried several times to research on how to transfer music to my 360 thats is on my phone, but everything i try ends in failure. Someone please tell me how to do...
  3. Another groove music pass issue

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Another groove music pass issue: took up the groove music offer of 4 months for free, broke down as a 1 month trial and a further 3 months free via promo code by email. 1 month trial nearly up no promo code, just automatic...
  4. Problems with Groove Music still not fixed after a month of reporting an issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with Groove Music still not fixed after a month of reporting an issue.: As many people/ponies may know is that the Groove Music app may not unlock achievements, but that's one of the issues. The other issue is that in the Xbox One settings for privacy, the option...
  5. Issues with copyright and not being able to stream music-Groove Music Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with copyright and not being able to stream music-Groove Music Pass: I am suddenly seeing (as of the past couple months) when artists I follow post new music it is labeled as unavailable on groove music streaming pass. And this is happening with a lot of the...
  6. i have issue with the film and tv and groove music app on the xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have issue with the film and tv and groove music app on the xbox: hi, I need support with film and tv and groove app every time I update they crash the route I have done everything I know to stop this from happening by uninstalling it and reinstalling it to turn...
  7. Background Music Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Background Music Issues: So recently I updated my console, hoping to play my games with The Strokes playing in the background, however, I came across a problem, it didn't start playing when I started up a game. I did what...
  8. Xbox Music / Groove Billing Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Music / Groove Billing Issue: Hello, I have been charged three times over the last three months for a Xbox Music / Groove subscription I cannot use. If I open the app, either on Windows or on my phone, the software thinks I'm...
  9. Xbox Music - very odd issue...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Music - very odd issue...: Hi, Wondering if you can help, my niece has a 2nd hand Xbox 360 with her own profile and gamertag assigned, but she is being charged for Xbox Music on another person's account? When you look in...
  10. Xbox Music Will Not Play On Windows Phone At All. This has been an issue since day one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Music Will Not Play On Windows Phone At All. This has been an issue since day one: Hello All, I have a Lumnia 520. This is my first windows phone and I got it from a contest for free. My primary phone is a 5s where I use Xbox music flawlessly. I also have an android tablet and...