Issues with Xbox Series X|S controllers

Discus and support Issues with Xbox Series X|S controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I noticed the Series controllers still unfortunately have the same issues as the Xbox One controller. 1. Analog stick drift. This happened to the one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MilesAldenhoven, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Issues with Xbox Series X|S controllers

I noticed the Series controllers still unfortunately have the same issues as the Xbox One controller.

1. Analog stick drift. This happened to the one that came with my console after about 3 months or so of use. It was so bad that it became virtually unusable and I had to buy a new one. I thought Microsoft would have rectified this issue by now, but unfortunately not.

2. Very loose analog sticks. This makes playing competitive games very difficult and frustrating, and it's not hard to see why many players opt to use mouse and keyboard for better control. The sticks are as loose as hot butter with next to no tension, and makes aiming extremely difficult sometimes. Since I got a PS5, I automatically fell in love with the controller, especially the analog sticks which have perfect tension. Microsoft really needs to take note of this as not everyone needs or wants to buy an Elite controller.

3. Annoying placement of share button. I can't remember how many times I've accidentally hit the share button (located right in the middle of the controller), by simply moving the right analog stick to the left, or thinking it's the start button. It usually happens when playing competitive games in the middle of a gun fight, but also fast-paced games such as Doom Eternal will often cause it to be pressed by accident. There's not even an option I can see in the settings menu to disable it, only to reassign it which is not very helpful. This is definitely an oversight by Microsoft in which I would like to see the share button moved somewhere out of the way in their next instalment, for example on top where the USB-C port is. At the very least, give us the option to disable it.

It would be nice to see other features implemented, such as a touch pad and haptic feedback that the PS5 controller has, but one thing that Microsoft definitely got right is comfort and it's still unrivalled in that department. It's the most natural feeling controller and great for long gaming sessions with no fatigue. I just hope they fix these 3 things.

:)

MilesAldenhoven, Jul 28, 2022
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

compatibilidad de controles xbox series con xbox one FAT?

Hi,

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Xbox One controllers also work on the new Series consoles.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Does Series X support USB headset?

6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox controller out of stock all over Europe, even at official Xbox website

standard xbox one controllers have been replaced with the series s/x controllers that work with all xbox one consoles and the new series s and x and even pc. they are readily in stock all over the uk, try argos.
Thema:

Issues with Xbox Series X|S controllers

1. Issues with Xbox Series X|S controllers - Similar Threads - Issues Series X|S

2. Audio issues one my Xbox one (not series s or x)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issues one my Xbox one (not series s or x): My Xbox audio keeps completely going out or just glitches it’s not my headset because when I connect to Bluetooth on my phone it works fine I also have a wireless headset the turtle beach stealth...
  3. Xbox Series S/X Controllers - Stick Drift Manufacturing Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S/X Controllers - Stick Drift Manufacturing Issues: Hi all, Myself, a number of my friends and it seems A LOT of people online are having issues with the Xbox Series S/X Controllers. The common problem seems to be stick drift. These controllers...
  4. Series’s s/x’s YouTube still is/has out of sync issue’s

in XboX Insiders
    Series’s s/x’s YouTube still is/has out of sync issue’s: So basically a year ago a user posted on here about the out of sync YouTube problem. It’s still here and even after restarting my Xbox seeing if either app or Xbox needs a update and re installing...
  5. Xbox Series X|S backwards compatibility issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X|S backwards compatibility issues: I believe that when the new generation consoles Xbox Series X|S was to be backwards compatible all the way back to the original Xbox.... and yet it falls WAY short of that. It is only backwards...
  6. Xbox Series X|S headset connection issues, Turtle Beach, SteelSeries,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S headset connection issues, Turtle Beach, SteelSeries,...: May users having a problem with wireless headsets maintaining connection to console, while using wireless headsets. Seems to be an issue with how the headsets and controllers connect to the X|S...
  7. Bluetooth issue with Xbox Series S/X wireless controller

in XboX Insiders
    Bluetooth issue with Xbox Series S/X wireless controller: Hello, I bought a used, out of warranty Xbox controller to save some money. I can connect it to my PC with Bluetooth just fine, but if the controller falls asleep due to inactivity it cannot...
  8. Black screen issue Xbox Series X/S

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen issue Xbox Series X/S: I am on Pre Alpha Skip Ahead and I am having a minor but annoying issue. Whenever I launch a game and goes into a black screen. I have to change my tv input from HDMI 1 to a different input and...
  9. Issue with Dolby Atmos Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Dolby Atmos Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S: Hey guys I'm having the dreaded Dolby Atmos delay issue everybody's having with the Xbox series s and the Xbox series X. I have both consoles and I was running a Vizio 70-inch 4K TV that was only...
  10. Xbox Series X issue with some Games made for S|X, does anyone has or had the same problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X issue with some Games made for S|X, does anyone has or had the same problem?: [img] [img] [img] Hi there, Some Games like Yakuza YOTD, Back 4 Blood, Fortnite, Avengers have some Display issues, games like Fortnite & Avengers got like rpg colors snow, back 4 blood like...