It says that on minecraft that my Microsoft account is not set up properly.

Discus and support It says that on minecraft that my Microsoft account is not set up properly. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, my microsoft account is ‘suposedly’ not set up correctly, what do I do? 7e70b5cf-aa9e-42d2-8bed-1f8b59c66037 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LunaTheMagicGirl86, Sep 28, 2019.

1. It says that on minecraft that my Microsoft account is not set up properly.

So, my microsoft account is ‘suposedly’ not set up correctly, what do I do?

:)

LunaTheMagicGirl86, Sep 28, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

What is the exact wording of the error message you get?

Can you go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and are you able to change your online and privacy settings? You need to have multiplayer and seeing the creations of other players enabled.

Or do you get a page asking you to add your child account to a parent account?
  3. LunaTheMagicGirl86 Win User

Well...

I tried but the link just took me to the exact same page as the one I clicked on I don’t know if this is a glitch or anything but it doesn’t work. Sorry. It also won’t let me play for long, like 20 seconds maybe? So I don’t know what the hell happened to
    it 3 months ago it worked perfectly and my sisters minecraft still works and she hasn’t been on it for 6 months!!
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Luna,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an error regarding the way that you're Microsoft account is setup.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow our change your child’s Xbox privacy and
    online safety settings
    support article for steps involving adjustments for Xbox Live privacy features that may need to be enabled to access specific game modes within Minecraft.

Try this out for us and then let us know if this helped.

Best wishes!
  5. Colonel Lench Win User

So I have connected my Microsoft account to my PS4 Minecraft but how do I get it to work?

Hello, thanks for the reply, the problem is once you get to the sign in after all the set up it says it cannot log in to the account and I've done everything else to set it up properly. Essentially I have done all the set up, I then press sign in and it
    has a progress bar and then comes up with the standard cannot connect to Microsoft account.
  6. Chooks1983 Win User

How to unlink playstation account

As i said to someone else If you go on your PS4 MC then got to settings, profile, then while logged into the microsoft account you dont want, go down to Unlink Microsoft Account. It sadly doesnt work for me
    and says maybe check internet connection. Tell me if it say the same for you
    Yes, I get the same error message (check your internet settings) when I try to unlink my sons minecraft account that is connected to his PS4. By accident, I linked MY microsoft account to his (PS4) minecraft account. Is there a way to reset this? Please!
    I really want to play minecraft with my son! :(
Thema:

1. It says that on minecraft that my Microsoft account is not set up properly. - Similar Threads - says minecraft Microsoft

2. I can't sign in to Minecraft on my phone, it says log in failed Error number 9. Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't sign in to Minecraft on my phone, it says log in failed Error number 9. Please help: I am a mum who has started using minecraft so that my autistic son can play with someone. I downloaded the game to my phone, I signed in using my microsoft account, this worked once only. Now it...
  3. Minecraft Dungeons gift code redeemed but still says Buy Now in Minecraft Dungeons Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Dungeons gift code redeemed but still says Buy Now in Minecraft Dungeons Launcher: 1. I redeemed a gift code for a copy of Minecraft Dungeons with my MS account 2. On my PC I log in to my MS account (same as in step 1) in the Minecraft Dungeons Launcher 3. I click on Minecraft...
  4. Can't install Xbox live version of minecraft as get a message saying I have no devices...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox live version of minecraft as get a message saying I have no devices...: I have tried everything - updated windows 10, signed in and out of Microsoft account... It works on my brother's identical PC 5efcbd99-c234-40bc-a03d-de5a6f111444
  5. Whenever I try to log in to my Xbox account on Minecraft PE it says ‘something went wrong’

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to log in to my Xbox account on Minecraft PE it says ‘something went wrong’: Hi, I am having trouble with my Minecraft and I play on Pocket Edition. Whenever i sign into my Xbox account it goes normally until the part where it loads into Xbox. It says: ‘Sorry, something...
  6. Microsoft account link on PS4 Minecraft not working says account already linked and it’s a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account link on PS4 Minecraft not working says account already linked and it’s a...: I have been trying with multiple accounts and every time i create one it says thats its already been linked to a ps4 which isn’t true because i just made it due to my original account every time i...
  7. Minecraft for Microsoft Windows 10: code says 'redeemed'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Microsoft Windows 10: code says 'redeemed': Hi there, I purchased Minecraft back in 2012 and was looking to play the Windows 10 version as it's cross-platform. I saw that players who had purchased before Oct 2017 could get the game for...
  8. Microsoft Store Not Saying I Can Install Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Not Saying I Can Install Minecraft: A couple years ago, I redeemed a code for Minecraft Windows 10 on the Microsoft Store that I got from Mojang for having Minecraft: Java Edition. Now I have signed into my Microsoft account on the...
  9. "Where do you want to install?" the Microsoft store says as I attempt to install Minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Where do you want to install?" the Microsoft store says as I attempt to install Minecraft.: So recently, as in..an hour ago, my mother purchased "Minecraft Starter Collection" for Windows 10. She used my account on her own computer, purchased it, and then logged out. I have downloaded...
  10. Minecraft Xbox One release date is "really close", says Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Xbox One release date is "really close", says Microsoft: I'm gonna sneak out of work early today so I can get started on my 'Westeros' world - can't wait ; ) 9072038d-27bb-4f74-9a49-748cc6268b91