Item appears to be corrupt prompt

Discus and support Item appears to be corrupt prompt in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, I have had numerous problems with a number of games not downloading over the last 8 months, but this is now the limit! I have 4 games that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EDDIE M0NS00N, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Item appears to be corrupt prompt

Ok, I have had numerous problems with a number of games not downloading over the last 8 months, but this is now the limit! I have 4 games that currently pop up with this issue.

2 I have purchased from the store: Beast Quest & Star Wars KOTOR II.

The 3rd is a "Games with Gold" free game: Beasts of Marvavilla Island.

The 4th game is a Gamepass game: Just Cause 4.

I have tried to reset my console usong the method suggested on here while keeping all my games & it has done NOTHING.

I paid seperatley for 2 of the games mentioned & I also pay for Gamepass so I am seriously not happy about this problem. Please assist further, thank you

:)

EDDIE M0NS00N, Aug 6, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, EDDIE! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your games.

I believe additional information is needed.

If you don't mind please answer the following questions:

- May I ask which Xbox model you are using?

- Is the "Item appears to be corrupt" message coming up when the games are on your installation queue?

- Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console?

- Besides the soft factory reset, have you tried anything else to fix this? if so, could you tell me exactly what you've tried so far?

Best regards.
  3. ImpaledGremlin Win User

this item appears to be corrupt

Just to check...

You have enough space to download onto as the cod files are massive ?

Are you using internal or external drive or a mix?
  4. BrewsterDean Win User

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately, I have tried that several times with no luck.
  5. BrewsterDean Win User

Yes, I do have enough space. The message that pops up is also not the typical, "clear up some space" message.

I am using my xb1's internal drive.

Thanks.
  6. Jamma4130 Win User

Good afternoon. Have you tried to clear the cache on your xbox. I find this helps with a lot of issues.

Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xboxuntil it turns off completely. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several
    times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache. Plug in the power brick.

kind regards
Thema:

1. Item appears to be corrupt prompt - Similar Threads - Item appears corrupt

2. The item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupted: I bought the hard copy of cod vanguard and was trying to install it but when it got to the main download of the game it would not download instead it gave me the message saying it appears to be...
  3. Axolotl Beanie item not appearing in Minecraft Character creator

in XBoX on Windows
    Axolotl Beanie item not appearing in Minecraft Character creator: I got a code from a Smyths store in the UK a few days ago for the Axolotl Beanie in Minecraft. My question is, am I in the right place to find out why this isn't appearing in the character...
  4. Store Idea : give us the ability to hide items or games from appearing on sale (like an...

in XboX Insiders
    Store Idea : give us the ability to hide items or games from appearing on sale (like an...: I don’t care how cheap Bee Simulator gets, I’m not buying it. submitted by /u/Farge43 [link] [comments]
  5. The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt.: I try and launch my game and it says that it cannot launch it that the item is corrupt so I restarted my xbox, still the same message. It also says to try Uninstall and reinstall it. So I...
  6. this item appears to be corrupt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    this item appears to be corrupt: Hello, So since the last update of COD Modern Warfare on XB1, I have been unable to play or even launch the game. Initially it said to try uninstalling it, so I did. But when I go to reinstall...
  7. items I bought arnt appearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    items I bought arnt appearing: I bought the eighty pound vbuck selection it has took money from ny account but i never got vbucks a8308cd3-347f-4dd0-80e8-bb2ac13150fb
  8. Previously purchased Minecraft Marketplace items no longer appear as purchased.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previously purchased Minecraft Marketplace items no longer appear as purchased.: I bought several things on the Minecraft Marketplace roughly six months ago, it was all linked to my xbox account because most of it was purchased on my xbox. Recently installed the mobile version...
  9. XBOX 1X Scoopion Edition: 0x80070570 The item your trying to use appears to be corrupt...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 1X Scoopion Edition: 0x80070570 The item your trying to use appears to be corrupt...: HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE. I just downloaded ACE COMBAT 7 yesterday, haven't been able to play because I get this message, or a message saying it took too long to start.... Have been having this...
  10. xbox one: "sorry, we cannot launch this. The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt"

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one: "sorry, we cannot launch this. The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt": Hi, I keep getting this message come up when I turn on the Xbox one "sorry, we cannot launch this. The item you are trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling it then reinstalling...