Its telling me to install a game I already installed

Discus and support Its telling me to install a game I already installed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This has been happening for about a week now. When ever I install a big game. It would fully install. When I go to play it tho it would say that I need... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IsaacLebron, Jan 25, 2021.

1. IsaacLebron
    IsaacLebron Guest

This has been happening for about a week now. When ever I install a big game. It would fully install. When I go to play it tho it would say that I need to install this game or app even though I already installed it. Then I go to install again but it says
    its updating when really its reinstalling itself even though it is already installed. And no it still does not work after that. Please help

:)

IsaacLebron, Jan 25, 2021
  2. IsaacLebron Win User

I'm sorry I dont understand what you are trying to tell me. I assure you it say install this game and not update. I just now uninstalled the game and reinstalling it thru the Microsoft store to see if that makes a difference.
  3. VastGorgon55326 Win User

Hello,

I know this issue can be stressful when trying to play a certain game. Usually when a game is ready to update it will say "Install" and not "Update". When the game is installed however, it will say play. If I was mistaking by this let me know so that I can
    find some more solutions for you.

Sincerely,
  4. Somkinsignman Win User

COD Modern Warefare Can't play campaign

I'm having the same problem. XBOX tells me its already installed And COD multiplayer tells me I need to install it before i can play . It did let me play the warzone map just not regular multiplayer or disc
  5. L0ST D0G Win User

Lego marvel DLC not working/ Cant purchase other Lego Marvel DLC? Xbox One

Ive lost mine to, i had the code, i installed and the content isnt there! When i view the add ons it tells me i have none installed. I tried using the code again but it tells me its already been used! So pissed off!
  6. BebThePrecursor Win User

why?

ya your website dosnt work for the 4th time IT(the website u gavce me) brings me to the Microsoft app when i click download for windows then it says its already installed but STILL WONT LET ME REVIEW it donst work on chrome or firefox.............. i just
    want to write a review thats it all u guys are telling me to do is go to this page and download SOMETHING I ALREADY HAVE INSTALLED what your telling me DOSNT WORK
Thema:

1. Its telling me to install a game I already installed - Similar Threads - telling install game

2. can someone tell me how to install Indiana Jones free game of the month for x box 360.I get...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can someone tell me how to install Indiana Jones free game of the month for x box 360.I get...: can someone tell me how to install Indiana Jones free game of the month for x box 360.I get a message: " the game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again" I tried it and get the same...
  3. I am having trouble with Halo installing and now it's telling me to purchase the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having trouble with Halo installing and now it's telling me to purchase the game...: Hello! First time posting so I really hope someone can help me! I have Halo: The Master Chief Edition on actual disc, and for some reason, about a month ago, my system said it needed to...
  4. New Xbox Beta app tells me to download games on my console that are already installed

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Beta app tells me to download games on my console that are already installed: Anyone else having this issue? On the app, there is a "jump back in" section, however when I click on the game it says "download to console" when the game is already downloaded. I assumed you...
  5. Xbox app error code 0x80070070 despite telling it to install on another drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app error code 0x80070070 despite telling it to install on another drive?: Title, basically. Tried installing A Plague Tale and get error 0x80070070 despite telling it to install on a drive that has more than enough space for it. Tried with Kingdom Come and Alien:...
  6. Having trouble starting a game, tells me to install

in XBoX on Windows
    Having trouble starting a game, tells me to install: I'm using the Xbox for Windows 10 Beta and I'm having a very strange problem. So, I tried launching a game several times and it didn't, so I thought I'd reinstall it to see if it would work....
  7. could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed...

in XBoX on Windows
    could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed...: hi good evening, could you please tell me where can i find the folder where games of game pass are installed on PC? i need to erase a game that doesn't appear in "apps and features" and xbox app...
  8. Xbox ones telling me to re purchase a game installed on my xbox one!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox ones telling me to re purchase a game installed on my xbox one!: Hey so i have fallout 4 on my xbox one and i could accses it fine for ages, then all of a sudden its telling me to re purchase the game or use the account i installed it with. Thing is it is the...
  9. Please tell me it's my internet that causes me to wait hours for a game to install....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please tell me it's my internet that causes me to wait hours for a game to install....: Because I'm at 8% for Thief. It's been an hour and 15 minutes So if I have to keep my xbox one on for 2 days to get to 100% I'd like to know if it's my internet. Or if I can SKIP installing all...
  10. How Can you tell if Xbox One Game Patches have actually been downloaded and installed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Can you tell if Xbox One Game Patches have actually been downloaded and installed?: I am just curious if there is a way to go check that a patch for a game has been downloaded. I have AC unity digitally and it has a new 6.5GB patch but I can only assume it downloaded but have no...