Join game options are greyed out on a certain game

Discus and support Join game options are greyed out on a certain game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am not completely sure if the problem is just the game itself but the join options for me are greyed out and have been for about a day now. Last... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by beaanbaag, May 9, 2020.

1. beaanbaag
    beaanbaag Guest

I am not completely sure if the problem is just the game itself but the join options for me are greyed out and have been for about a day now. Last night I just noticed this problem. So I tested my connection, reset the router, reset my xbox and still nothing
    worked. My NAT says it is open and that my connection and everything is fine. The game is GTA V and I am also playing on Xbox One. I was wondering does anyone else have this problem? is it rockstars servers?

:)

beaanbaag, May 9, 2020
  2. Sagaroth Win User

3. Sam:3 Win User

Cant invite anyone to a game on xbox one.

We have attempted a few different games. Minecraft, injustice, etc but when I go to the home screen and scroll left to multiplayer, the join or add to party option works fine but on my end the join or invite to game option is grey. On their end its fine
    and I have tried power cycling but still no luck. When I added for the injustice game in a certain way that worked but kinda strange how the actual option is grey still.
  4. DirtyDeeds0013 Win User

Join game greyed out.

Also, i can invite them to game and then they can join but the just can't join without having to ask me first. Is there some random button that disallows friends from joining?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Join game greyed out

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Buddy is this issue happening with every game? Or only no man’s sky?

And by the way, is this happening on Xbox or PC mate?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Join game greyed out

Jack, the best option will be perform an offline update following steps below:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

In that way xbox system will be installed from scratch.

If the issue persist the best option will be request a repair order
Thema:

1. Join game options are greyed out on a certain game - Similar Threads - Join game options

2. My Gamer tag has a space so now I cannot join some games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Gamer tag has a space so now I cannot join some games.: My Gamer tag has a space so now I cannot join minecraft servers with a whitelist because you cannot to commands with names without spaces. 9730d138-c3f6-4ee7-8fa2-9207901b82a8
  3. Sea of thieves on Xbox Game Apps - Joining a Steam lobby failed

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sea of thieves on Xbox Game Apps - Joining a Steam lobby failed: Hello, I have a problem when my friends who play from steam want to invite me on sea of thieves. I play on the xbox application on pc but each time I am redirected to the steam shop even if they...
  4. Two Xboxes different accounts how to join a game with each other

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes different accounts how to join a game with each other: Hi I hope someone can please help I'm useless lol. My son has an xbox downstairs and my youngest has borrowed his xbox from his dad's but he wants to join to play a game with my other son. Can...
  5. I join the Halo Infinite Insider but now the game won't open.

in XboX Insiders
    I join the Halo Infinite Insider but now the game won't open.: I joined the Halo Infinite Insider awhile back for the co-op campaign. Although I am now trying to reopen the game or at this point leave the beta so I can have normal Halo Infinite installed but...
  6. How to: Child Account Set up to Enable Join Multiplayer Games

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to: Child Account Set up to Enable Join Multiplayer Games: Before I start: sorry for my unclear English, I will try to explain my concern by editing the question, if necessary. I have a private Microsoft account and a connected XBOX-account. I also have...
  7. I can join a friends Minecraft game they can't join mine.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can join a friends Minecraft game they can't join mine.: I am playing on pc and one is playing on xbox and the other is on pc. I can join either of their worlds but they cannot join mine. All of my permissions have been set correctly but for what ever...
  8. Unable to join a friend's games on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join a friend's games on Xbox: I'm on a Series X console, and I have this one friend I really want to play with, but neither of us are able to join ANY games we try to play together. We'll either be able to join from our...
  9. You Can Join Multiplayer Games is not an option

in XBoX Accessibility
    You Can Join Multiplayer Games is not an option: My daughter is trying to play Roblox on her Xbox account and when we set it up it was for a child's account, since she is underage, however, it won't allow her to play because of a setting. I...
  10. You can join multiplayer games option can't to save as allowed

in XBoX Accessibility
    You can join multiplayer games option can't to save as allowed: Hi, I am having the same issue described below that was post long time ago. Can someone at microsoft change this setting for me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. roblox join gamr grey out