"Join Party" Option Is Always Greyed Out

Discus and support "Join Party" Option Is Always Greyed Out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the ability to start my own chat parties using the PC Xbox app but for some reason, when my friends already have a party chat running, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RyanReed4, Apr 23, 2022.

1. RyanReed4
    RyanReed4 Guest

I have the ability to start my own chat parties using the PC Xbox app but for some reason, when my friends already have a party chat running, the option to join is greyed out. I had typically used Xbox companion in the past and I know that Microsoft recently restricted how chat works in that. When I go into the Companion app, instead of giving me the option to join from a friend's profile, it only gives me the option to mute them despite not being in a chat with them yet. In both the Xbox app and the Game Bar, the option to join party is always greyed out even when I know that my friends have a party setup.

I've tried restarting the apps/windows services and my pc but it's been doing this for a few weeks now. Since I can successfully start a party chat of my own, I would think that I've got the network details in order. I'm under the impression that this has something to do with the Companion App changes somehow because it all started around the time they were supposed to change that. Any ideas are appreciated though!

:)

RyanReed4, Apr 23, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, RyanReed4. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Community expert user. I'll be happy to assist you today.

You can try these troubleshooting steps:

https://windowsreport.com/xbox-party-not-working/

Troubleshooting starts after "How can I fix Xbox Party issues on the Xbox app for PC?"

The steps on the guide are:

1. Check the status of Xbox Live

2. Check the connection

3. Install Teredo Adapter

4. Check the permissions

5. Restart the app and the associated service

6. Reset the Xbox app

7. Change the default playback device

8. Briefly disable Windows Firewall and third-party antivirus

This is a public user-to-user support forum. We are expert users helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

If this still can't solve your problem, just let me know and I'll do my best to try to help you.
  3. Mister Quimby Win User

"Join Party" option always greyed out

Hey there VansBass1980!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  4. VansBass1980 Win User

Just got my xbox one and updated the console. I've added a few friends to date but when I see them playing a game the join game and join party is always greyed out!?

Why is that so? I can never ever join a random guys or friends game cause it's always greyed out. This was never so difficult on the 360!

Please some help

Thanks
  5. RTVofficial Win User

Hey Mr Suplex,

This could be because the party has been made invite only. Make sure the party is joinable.
  6. Darkfung Win User

Why is the Titanfall party system so terrible?

Same here - 3 of us and we can't even join a party together because the party and join game is greyed out. Getting fed up of it all now.
Thema:

1. "Join Party" Option Is Always Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Join Party Option

2. Error when joining/starting a party on Xbox Game Bar: "Something went wrong with your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Error when joining/starting a party on Xbox Game Bar: "Something went wrong with your...: I am a computer engineer with a computer science degree as well and I have tried everything to my knowledge to fix this issue so please don't answer the question with any of the following for...
  3. Hi, when i go to join or invite people to a party it says error code 0x801930193 please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi, when i go to join or invite people to a party it says error code 0x801930193 please help: This has been happening for a little bit now and im getting tired of it. All i want to do is play online with my friends and i cant even do that. Please Help dc59ec03-0329-451d-aaaf-84f5be3b48a5
  4. Cant join a friends party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant join a friends party chat: Okay so me and my friend have been having an issue with the xbox party chat. I start a party and everything is fine its running great but when i invite him and he joins we both get stuck on...
  5. Is anyone else having problems joining parties?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else having problems joining parties?: Me and 2 of my friends aren’t able to start or join a party. Wondering if anyone is having the same issues. submitted by /u/Free_francious [link] [comments]
  6. This person is having fake alt accounts and keeps requesting to join party with his other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    This person is having fake alt accounts and keeps requesting to join party with his other...: [Mod removed] This person is making fake accounts to join my party it’s only because I posed as a female online to joke around Not to be spammed by hackers or online creeps can u unactivate his...
  7. Can join Xbox party and hear friends, But my voice isnt working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can join Xbox party and hear friends, But my voice isnt working.: Hello, I have tried getting into Xbox voice chat but even though my Xbox picks up my headset and mic and I can hear friends, Its not picking up my voice Tried changing privacy settings but...
  8. Can't join party through "Join Party" option in the Xbox app for Windows 10.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't join party through "Join Party" option in the Xbox app for Windows 10.: [img] When I right click and choose Join party, nothing happens. It occasionally works, but seems to be totally random when attempting to join friends. I've tried resetting and reinstalling the...
  9. I don't see the join party option

in XboX Insiders
    I don't see the join party option: On the xbox app, the option is missing and you are only able to make partys submitted by /u/Xxcreeper503xx [link] [comments]
  10. "Join Party" option always greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Join Party" option always greyed out: Recently I have been unable to join any of my friends' parties on Xbox One. The option to do so is greyed out, and I have no idea why. My NAT is stated as Open in the Networking section of...