Join Xbox friend's game with xbox game bar/ xbox console companion, for games like overwatch

Discus and support Join Xbox friend's game with xbox game bar/ xbox console companion, for games like overwatch in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Can I use the xbox one console companion on pc or use the xbox game bar to play with my friend on xbox? dccfaa88-92c2-4bf9-a120-0bc6b78fd25a Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ZanyDruid, May 23, 2020.

1. ZanyDruid
    ZanyDruid Guest

Join Xbox friend's game with xbox game bar/ xbox console companion, for games like overwatch

Can I use the xbox one console companion on pc or use the xbox game bar to play with my friend on xbox?

:)

ZanyDruid, May 23, 2020
  2. Onset Yakuza Win User

You can talk to your friends using the Xbox companion app but you can only play cross-platform games with them. As of now Overwatch is not cross-platform.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

4. Obsessive Power Win User

Cant start nor join an xbox party on pc thru the companion app for xbox

Hi,

The Companion App isn't the best tool to use to join or make parties with other PC and Xbox users now.

You should try using Game Bar instead. Just press the Windows key and tap G to access the Game Bar.

Xbox Game Bar
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

when i join party on game bar it crashs

Do the Xbox Beta or the Xbox Console Companion apps crash if you try to use those to join/start parties as well, or is it purely contained to Xbox Game Bar?
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

XBox Companion App on PC Party Chat Quiet

I assume you're using the Xbox Game Bar to join parties? If so, could you try using either the Xbox Beta app, or the Xbox Console Companion app and see if you have the same volume issues? Hopefully it's just a Game Bar issue.
Thema:

1. Join Xbox friend's game with xbox game bar/ xbox console companion, for games like overwatch - Similar Threads - Join friend's game

2. Unable to join friend’s game through xbox side bar

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to join friend’s game through xbox side bar: Im unable to join all of my friends game session, and they are all in public sessions, as seen from the attachment below, the “join game” option is greyed out. I have done a soft reset on my...
  3. Can’t invite or join friends in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t invite or join friends in games: Hi Whenever i try to invite a friend to a game the invite option is grey and i cant select. I can recieve invites but when i press the xbox button to accept i see a checking privileges message...
  4. Unable to join friends game through xbox side bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join friends game through xbox side bar: Im unable to join all of my friends game session, and they are all in public sessions, as seen from the attachment below, the “join game” option is greyed out. I have done a soft reset on my...
  5. I can’t join my friend on any Xbox game. Specifically one person. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t join my friend on any Xbox game. Specifically one person. Please help: I can’t join my friend across multiple games, rocket league gta cod etc, I’ve restarted my xbox, WiFi, game, I’m on open nat type so is my friend, I’ve reset my MAC address. Weird of all my friend...
  6. Can't join friends in an online game!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't join friends in an online game!: Hi all, I am trying to join friends (who I have been able to accept) in an online game. I have 2 boys who want to play an online game with another friend. We are able to create a party and hear...
  7. Help i can't join one of my friend game on xbox.

in XboX Insiders
    Help i can't join one of my friend game on xbox.: Everytime i go to my friend profile the join game button. I press on it and nothing. Me and my friend both add each other. But the join game option not white color but gray color. But I can join...
  8. Why can't I join my friend's game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join my friend's game?: we created a minecraft world together at her house and I was able to join. I know you can play with people with the same Ip address. How do I play with her when we aren't togther? I added her as a...
  9. xbox I have x2 digital versions of GTA 5 won't let me join my friends online games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox I have x2 digital versions of GTA 5 won't let me join my friends online games: for some reason I have x2 copies of GTA 5 installed on my xbox one x, when I play one of them I can go online etc. but when I try to join my friends game it says that I need to install the game?...
  10. Xbox one, farming simulator 2019- unable to join friends game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one, farming simulator 2019- unable to join friends game: Experiencing problems with multiplayer, my friend can not join my game, comes up with connection can not be established, we thought after the game had updated they may have sorted this issue, but...