Joining friend’s realms on Minecraft - Safety Restrictions

Discus and support Joining friend’s realms on Minecraft - Safety Restrictions in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello there, So I am having an issue with joining my friend’s realm on Minecraft because it says that the permissions on my account don’t allow it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jm_24, May 11, 2022.

1. Jm_24
    Jm_24 Guest

Hello there,

So I am having an issue with joining my friend’s realm on Minecraft because it says that the permissions on my account don’t allow it (online safety, multiplayer restriction etc.) When I try to get it fixed it says that this is probably due to being part of a family group on Microsoft. However I am not in a family set up and mine is the only account I am connected with, I have exhausted all resources and I’m very frustrated because there seems to be no way to change this.

:)

Jm_24, May 11, 2022
  2. XBF - Tali Win User

Minecraft

Hello SamanthaMartin4,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox support forums. Can you please provide more details regarding Minecraft? Are you searching for a Minecraft Realms invite from a friend? In case you are attempting to join a Realm, you can find details on how to find an invite under "Joining Someone's Realm" Minecraft Realms - How do I Join Someone's Realm

We look forward to your response!

-Tali
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Minecraft PE

Hey jlxlz

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with being able to join a Realm on Minecraft that one of your friends invited you to.

This means that your Xbox Live privacy settings are not correctly configured on the Microsoft account you are using to connect to your buddy.

You will first need to
    configure your privacy and online safety settings
    on your account first, and this should allow you to join their Realm. For now, I recommend using
    Adult defaults to provide you with the least restriction in order to be able to join your friend. Later, you can come back and configure these settings accordingly.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  4. KoalaMan2016 Win User

Can't log in to xbox.com

thanks, this let me log in but i can't find the online safety tab? I want to join a realm in minecraft but it wont let me.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

Minecraft Realm option doesn't appear on mobile!

6. RainingRoses Win User

How do i join a mincraft realm

Hello,

To change your Microsoft account privacy settings, sign in to the Privacy & online safety page. You can also make these changes on an Xbox One, Series X|S console or through the Xbox Family Settings app. When making any account changes, make sure to select ‘submit’ to confirm and save any changes.

Note: If you’re using a child account, you’ll need an adult in your family to sign in to their Microsoft account to change your privacy settings.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help...e-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one

To play Minecraft Realms, you need to allow the following settings:

“You can play with people outside of Xbox Live”

“You can create and join clubs”

“You can join multiplayer games safety”

Set the above settings to allow and you should be able to join your friend in Minecraft realms. Although, if you encounter any issues with this, here is a Multiplayer troubleshooting page:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us...ecraft-Realms-and-Multiplayer-Troubleshooting

Hope this helps! :)
Thema:

1. Joining friend’s realms on Minecraft - Safety Restrictions - Similar Threads - Joining friend’s realms

2. I can't join my friends mine raft realm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't join my friends mine raft realm: whenever I join it always stops on the "building Terrain" part of the loading screen. I've tried all the advice online I could find but it didn't work. Also before you ask there was no error...
  3. My friend cannot join my Realms world nad friendships seems to not work correctly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend cannot join my Realms world nad friendships seems to not work correctly.: Playing Bedrock on PC. My friend is on XBOX. He was able to join yesterday. But now he get weird messages about checking his internet connection, which is just fine. And when I sent him the link...
  4. Why can't I join realms with my friends even though all of my account settings are what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join realms with my friends even though all of my account settings are what...: I spent close to 5 hours yesterday trying to figure out how to get the account settings set up, so I finally did that, over 12 hours later and I still can't join and I'm still getting the same...
  5. Minecraft for Windows 10, 1.18.2 : I can't join my friend's realm. It gets stuck on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10, 1.18.2 : I can't join my friend's realm. It gets stuck on the...: I've had this problem for about two days now. I try to join the realm, and it inevitably gets stuck on the "Joining Realm... Building Terrain" screen (see image), loading seemingly indefinitly....
  6. My friend can't Join my minecraft realm.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can't Join my minecraft realm.: My friend is having trouble joining my newly made minecraft realm. We initially thought perhaps their account was in child mode since they are only 17, so we changed the age for their account and...
  7. i cant join friends realm on xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant join friends realm on xbox one: i join it then it just says "joining realm building terrain" but it never lets me join 5c0265b7-3452-4348-b192-adf5edc6ad0f
  8. Joining friends realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Joining friends realms: Whenever I try to join a friends realm Minecraft won't let me. I've enabled ALL my Xbox privacy settings and changed my age on my Microsoft profile so I'm at least 18. I've tried updating my...
  9. Minecraft for PC - Unable to add friends or join REALMS

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for PC - Unable to add friends or join REALMS: Hi all I was wondering if someone could help. My daughter has bought Minecraft for her Windows PC but cannot add friends or join REALMS. It tells us (her parents) to alter her Xbox account...
  10. Problems with joining a friend's realm on Minecraft (PS4)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with joining a friend's realm on Minecraft (PS4): So, i know it's strange to be asking a question related to PS4 on a Microsoft page, but, i need help. Every time my friend invites me to his realm, i get an error message that tells me my settings...