Joining Parties on both Xbox consoles

Discus and support Joining Parties on both Xbox consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Microsoft will make changes to Xbox One and 360 so siblings or friends on a different consoles can still play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xXRapidMooseXx, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Joining Parties on both Xbox consoles

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if Microsoft will make changes to Xbox One and 360 so siblings or friends on a different consoles can still play together.

I know each profile can text messages to each other but not join parties,

Will this function ever be available?

Regards,

Rapid Moose

:)

xXRapidMooseXx, Mar 6, 2017
  2. silver6477
    silver6477 Guest
    Xbox live party disconnected after GTA V update

Hi there Ray. This forum is for users seeking support on the Xbox One console. If you are having problems joining parties on Xbox One, then feel free to continue using this thread, however, if you are having issues with joining Parties on the Xbox 360 (which
    is the console on which GTAV is currently released), please visit the Xbox 360 Xbox Live connectivity support forum

here

If you are having issues joining parties while specifically in GTAV only, then I suggest heading to the Xbox 360 Games forum

here

silver6477, Mar 6, 2017
  3. Joining parties

I think the problem could be you NAT.

Please see this table bellow and find out your NAT type and Your Friends NAT.

[table][tr]OpenModerateStrict[/tr][tr][td]Open[/td][td]YES[/td][td]YES[/td][td]YES[/td][/tr][tr][td]Moderate[/td][td]YES[/td][td]YES[/td][td]NO[/td][/tr][tr][td]Strict[/td][td]YES[/td][td]No[/td][td]NO[/td][/tr][/table]

So lets say your NAT is Moderate.

Your Friends NAT is Strict.

Then You would NOT be able to talk to one an other, Thus Having issues

Now, you will need to find out your friends NAT and your NAT type. But Is it saying anything when it cuts you out? Like Failed to join party please try again later?

I use to have issues like this and i Fixed it by Port Forwarding and placeing my Xbox's Local IP Address in DMZ mode and everything was fixes? Also are you using a wired or wireless connection?

From,

DesertStrider, Mar 6, 2017
  4. Genuine-CCC24DAC-D2B Win User

Xbox One playing against 360?

no or you would be able to play 360 on the Xbox One but I hope you can join a party chat from both consoles
  5. CastelloGhidoni Win User

Xbox Live not downloading new gold purchase

I am having a similar problem. Purchased 12 Month Live Gold Subscription Prepaid Card, entered the code online, and both online and on the console our Live account shows us to be a 12 Month Gold Member, but it won't let my kids start or join a party. Says,
    "You must be an XBOX Live Gold Member to join a party." What????
  6. Mr Gingernezz Win User

Frequent Issues with multiple things

Now when I join parties or someone joins mine, it gives me this "due to network restrictions you can't join party chat right now" error. I know it's not a network issue because just restarting one of our Xbox's and/or routers doesn't work. We both have to
    do it. Every God *** day. This console is seeming more and more like an expensive paper weight. What the hell happened, Microsoft?
  7. SumoRabbit Win User

Online Joining

We were having this issue last night. Multiple people had multiple issues joining the party / joining the game.

1) I was in GTAV, they were in Warframe. Could not "join party" via friends app.

2) Left GTAV, same.

3) Restarted console, was able to join party.

4) Started Warframe, could not join game either by accepting invite or via party app. Both times, clicking the button did nothing.

5) Everyone quits Warframe, restarts, able to join game.

6) One player crashes out mid-game, could not rejoin via party app or invite.

7) That player restarts console, back to normal.

We've been having weird connectivity issues it seems ever since the holiday rush. :(
  8. BUD HUNTER 900 Win User

My brother or myself disconnecting when the other one signs on?

I am having a similar problem with 2 XBOX 360 consoles. The strangest part of this, it only started happening within the last year, before that we never had any problems. We have not changed modems or internet service.

I'm estimating about 6 months ago it just started, the problem is we are not able to join the same party online, but we can both be online on XBOX LIVE and in different games or parties. As soon as we try to join the same game or party - in the new Black
    Ops for example, we are both disconnected from XBOX LIVE and cannot sign on until the connection is reset on both systems (must exit game, reconnect to router). Then we both can sign on again after resetting consoles and connections, although it might take
    a while, and are completely fine... until we try to join the same party or game again now rinse and repeat.

This is frustrating to such an extent because we cannot play any games together online, but we can play online with others. What can possibly be happening here? I don't know how it could be related to the router, modem or ISP due to the fact we are both
    able to be online at the same time in different parties and games, only when we try to join the same game are we disconnected. I appreciate any ideas in advance, thanks.
Thema:

Joining Parties on both Xbox consoles

1. Joining Parties on both Xbox consoles - Similar Threads - Joining Parties both

2. Last resort... Unable to play online or join party's on PC, xbox is working fine....

in XBoX on Windows
    Last resort... Unable to play online or join party's on PC, xbox is working fine....: Hello! After multiple chat sessions and service emails I have come to my last hope. For some reason a few days ago I am unable to play online with friends on PC. I was playing no mans land with a...
  3. My Xbox companion app on my iPhone X isn’t working, every time I try to join a party it...

in XBoX on Mobile
    My Xbox companion app on my iPhone X isn’t working, every time I try to join a party it...: [img] i did countless things to try to fix this like, restarting router, reinstaling app, switching accounts, switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz wifi radios and still nothing. I am at a loss and dont...
  4. Why cant I join games or parties?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I join games or parties?: I cannot join games at all on XBOX ONE. The option for me is greyed out, and nothing happens when I restart system. My NAT type is open already, and I have a stable connection. I'm not banned or...
  5. Hacker joined my party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hacker joined my party chat: Some random guy joined my party chat saying i knew him. I had no idea who he was so i removed him and made the party invite only. He then was able to join back and cursed me out for kicking him...
  6. I can't see or join the parties that my friends are in anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't see or join the parties that my friends are in anymore: On the PC Xbox companion app, it won't show me which friends are in parties anymore. Even though they are in parties. Is there any way to fix this? Should I just get the replacement app?...
  7. All friends appear offline, no one can join my party, and i cant create or see group posts...

in XBoX on Consoles
    All friends appear offline, no one can join my party, and i cant create or see group posts...: I am a paying customer with years of xbox live gold and I even checked my status to see if I was banned from communication and it says I have a perfect reputation, I was playing with friends all...
  8. Can't join parties or games error 0x0000000

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't join parties or games error 0x0000000: Hello, I've been having issues connecting to the Xbox Game bar as well as the Party chat in the companion app. I can hear people for about five seconds and then I can't. I also cannot join any...
  9. Update to join party on iPhone Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update to join party on iPhone Xbox app: On the xbox app on iphone it says that i have to upfate to the latest verison to join the party but my app is already updated. It is already up to date what should i do...
  10. Xbox game bar and Xbox Companion both not letting me talk or join parties

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar and Xbox Companion both not letting me talk or join parties: Hi there as the title says when I use gamebar on my pc it works decently fine, I cant see friends but can still make parties. However when I make or join a party it kicks me out saying "Something...