Just an idea for updates, what do you think?

Discus and support Just an idea for updates, what do you think? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Could we have a notification before updates happen? (Personal, feel free to skip) I personally kinda freak out a lil bit when I boot up something I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TRAZWALD, Oct 18, 2020.

1. /u/TRAZWALD
    /u/TRAZWALD Guest

Could we have a notification before updates happen?

(Personal, feel free to skip) I personally kinda freak out a lil bit when I boot up something I use a lot to find that it's operating differently. I get scared that it's crashed or bugged or been hacked or who knows what. Even just seeing that there's been an update gives me a bit of a sense of dread because of all the systems I've updated over the years where things went wrong in various ways (iTunes...lol)

(Plain rational part) Would it be hard to do? Or expensive? Would anyone else here appreciate something like this and care to chime in? Also interested in why it might not be feasible! Just seems like the sort of thing we could have set up by now, and might make things run smoother (socially that is, so you get less whiney posts about updates like mine in r/xboxone lol)

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/TRAZWALD
    [link] [comments]

/u/TRAZWALD, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Sir Pafrro Win User

Windows 8

Just restarted with a windows update (no idea what it was) and it's not working
  3. VernierSlake Win User

Caution about Playfire.com

At which point I'd ask what's wrong with using Facebook? Same idea but you update your status to show what you're doing.
  4. TWISTED BULLET Win User

What was the update for 14th feb ?

Just got my update also, have no idea what its for.
  5. PLW Smokie Win User

Ghost Expansion Download?

Yep, stuck here updating at 100%, have no idea what to do
  6. GrowlingYapper Win User

Just got an update - what did it do?

Got it now maybe just a few tweaks for dashboard app.
Thema:

1. Just an idea for updates, what do you think? - Similar Threads - idea updates

2. I think it was a bad idea to release the mobile app update in its current state.

in XboX Insiders
    I think it was a bad idea to release the mobile app update in its current state.: Let's get straight to the point. The latest version of the app is missing A LOT of the features that are key for the Xbox User Experience. I understand why you're doing and some of the...
  3. An idea to add for the next Minecraft update after caves and cliffs (Or maybe as a part of)

in XboX Insiders
    An idea to add for the next Minecraft update after caves and cliffs (Or maybe as a part of): So as the title suggests, I have had ideas for another update. After the Nether update, I was sure that the next thing would be a full End update. The closest think we've gotten was just shulkers,...
  4. Any idea when the next OSU Update is scheduled?

in XboX Insiders
    Any idea when the next OSU Update is scheduled?: So I'm in the Alpha ring. I got a E106 error, it's happened a few times before but was able to factory reset my way out of it. This time that didn't fix it. Turns out my hard drive has some bad...
  5. My Home Xbox Suggestion/idea for future console update

in XboX Insiders
    My Home Xbox Suggestion/idea for future console update: I made a suggestion to make the wait time for "make my home xbox" switch more available for example. Instead of 1 year how about 3 months because if people waste all their 5 switches they don't...
  6. No idea how to salvage my current Xbox One X after updating.

in XboX Insiders
    No idea how to salvage my current Xbox One X after updating.: Hey folks, I was an insider member prior to rejoining just recently. When I had an issue with my system (months ago) I tried to update with the most recent insider build and it never completed....
  7. HELP! Any ideas what to do? I just turned my Xbox on and started updating games and apps...

in XboX Insiders
    HELP! Any ideas what to do? I just turned my Xbox on and started updating games and apps...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Zaltizar [link] [comments]
  8. Which moron at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to push out an update the Day COD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which moron at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to push out an update the Day COD...: This maybe one of the dumbest Xbox moves yet!!! 8b78541e-1d3d-4659-babf-d8b87eecda00
  9. Hey I’m trying to update gears 5 but it’s stuck on 38.1 do y’all have any ideas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I’m trying to update gears 5 but it’s stuck on 38.1 do y’all have any ideas: Hey im trying to update gears 5 but its stuck on 38.1 and wont move can anyone help b5549854-2094-4503-b821-ad58712d37a3
  10. Xbox One update idea

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One update idea: Hey anyone else on this think it would be awesome if Microsoft put a time remaining counter in the download screen so you can see roughly how long it will take for your download to complete...