Just bought a used Xbox one

Discus and support Just bought a used Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i currently just bought a used xbox one.This xbox one apparently comes with the download for assassins creed unity.My question is if i factory reset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CraigKane, Oct 21, 2019.

1. CraigKane
    CraigKane Guest

i currently just bought a used xbox one.This xbox one apparently comes with the download for assassins creed unity.My question is if i factory reset this xbox one so i can use my account on it and not the other person i bought it off of can i get that
    download of assassins creed unity back on the box using my account not the original owners account

:)

CraigKane, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

Unfortunately the code was likely redeemed by the original owner and is therefore already used.
  3. AridLizard Win User

you don't need to factory reset the xbox to remove his account, you can do it by signing into your account and going into settings>account>remove accounts.

if you can only play by signing into his account then that is breaking the ToU and you could end up with an enforcement action taken against your account and his.

if the person made the xbox his home xbox then you can remove his account from the xbox and play the game on your account.

if you uninstall the game you won't be able to download it again unless you buy it on your account.

I hope this helps
  4. Koods Win User

As the code for the game has likely already been used (and if it's on the console it has been!) then no it would not be possible to do this.
  5. dainja raas Win User

Just bought Xbox One

Pro tip :- before installing new games go to settings > network > click go offline . Insert disc , install . Once installed go to settings > network > click go online . Install updates once prompted . So much quicker .
  6. vikingland1 Win User

Just bought Xbox One

You can start a DL or install a game and then turn the controller off .

Go own git!
Thema:

1. Just bought a used Xbox one - Similar Threads - bought used

2. Bought an xbox, began installing it. Use mobile app to save time it advised. Now, they've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought an xbox, began installing it. Use mobile app to save time it advised. Now, they've...: Bought an xbox, began installing it. 'Use mobile app' to save time it advised. Now, they've messed up and given me a [Mod Removed - Profanity] gamertag I never wanted in the first place and want...
  3. Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?: I buy the used xbox 2 or 3 weeks ago and now i try to connect the used xbox 360 controller to my xbox 360 but nothing happens, but the cables led is not light up The usb is good i try and i try...
  4. How could I have bought a consumable for Onigiri and cannot use it because it will not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How could I have bought a consumable for Onigiri and cannot use it because it will not...: So since last night, I attempted to buy the 100 Oni Coins in Onigiri, but in the game, the in-game error message says that this gamer profile cannot receive Oni Coins. I mean was I banned from...
  5. Bought xbox game pass for PC, can't even use it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought xbox game pass for PC, can't even use it.: I am yet another person out of thousands who are having issues with the game pass on PC. I spent money for this, and can't even use it at all. The .exe app you can download gets hung on "making...
  6. I bought Modern Warfare using a code and it downloaded but i can't download on a non-home...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Modern Warfare using a code and it downloaded but i can't download on a non-home...: It's the first time this happens 04602c3e-c44a-4239-a1de-47ab9e347b4c
  7. Xbox One S bought in the United States can be used in Uruguay, South America

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One S bought in the United States can be used in Uruguay, South America: Can an Xbox One S bought in the United States be used in Uruguay, South America? I am not interested in Xbox Live, is a present for my grandson that loves to play his Godzilla CD games but his...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition: Hi, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Can I download and use Minecraft Java Edition from minecraft.net with this purchase, or do I need to pay again to get Java Edition? Thanks...
  9. A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code: I live in the Netherlands and my friend lives in Texas and he bought a game for me but it isn't letting me use the code c1786200-3ad4-4d63-acde-6039ee529fa7
  10. Do xbox live live subscription bought on amazon expire if not use.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Do xbox live live subscription bought on amazon expire if not use.: I bought a 3 month xbox live digital subscription on Amazon yesterday and it didnt came through same time so i figure the purchase didnt go through,however i went ahead and bought it the same 3...