Just reset xbox 360 - now cannot connect to xbox live

Discus and support Just reset xbox 360 - now cannot connect to xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; To reset "Family Settings" I reset the XBOX 360. Before the reset the console had no problems connecting to download updates or authenticate on xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TCope, Nov 21, 2016.

1. TCope
    TCope Guest

To reset "Family Settings" I reset the XBOX 360. Before the reset the console had no problems connecting to download updates or authenticate on xbox live. After reset console will connect to local network, and internet, but will not connect with xbox
    live. No changes were made to the network. All other computers on network have no connections issues. Network connects to internet via 25 mbps FIOS connection.

I have deleted my profile, deleted the cache, removed corrupted files on hard drive, power cycled Fios router, power cycled console and reseated ethernet cable on console. None of these steps as solved issue.

What do I do next?

:)

TCope, Nov 21, 2016
  2. Also can't connect to Xbox Live.

Cannot connect to Xbox Live, Southern California... router/xbox reset, connection test, all do not resolve the issue... connection test says I am on the internet (posting this through computer in the same house, so obviously on the internet)... just won't
    connect to Live... was playing up till 5 PM pacific Time without issue... now, at 10 PM will not connect... frustrating...

GHG Relentless, Nov 21, 2016
  3. The BMF
    The BMF Guest
    Can't connect to 360

Update, have tried hard reset, uninstalling all 360 games, removing gamer profile, and now even reverting to factory settings but nothing is working. Xbox one works just fine but 360 games won't connect to internet or xbox live.

The BMF, Nov 21, 2016
  4. dsgoodrow Win User

Achievements not unlocking for Backwards Compatibility Games

Factory reset is done, now I cannot sign in to Xbox Live from the 360 emulator. I am online with the Xbox 1, playing multiplayer and watching netflix, connection test shows that everything is working.

When I open 360 games, my gamertag pops up as signed in, but not connected to Live.
  5. Wolfgang Berger Win User

X-Box live

I am experiencing the same issue. Everything worked fine, now I cannot connect to Live anymore. I can connect tthe XBox to the internet, and I CAN connect my Windows 10 PC to XBox Live.

I have gone through all troubleshooting guides, e.g.:

- Checking port forwarding

- Restarting my router

- Connecting via cable

- Resetting the XBox 360 network settings

- Deleting my local profile (-> now I cannot download it anymore...)

- Clearing the system cache (3 times)

- Checking the system clock

Nothing worked, now I have a system without a local profile and I cannot connect to XBox Live. Any suggestions?
  6. GHG Relentless Win User

Also can't connect to Xbox Live.

Cannot connect to Xbox Live, Southern California... router/xbox reset, connection test, all do not resolve the issue... connection test says I am on the internet (posting this through computer in the same house, so obviously on the internet)... just won't
    connect to Live... was playing up till 5 PM pacific Time without issue... now, at 10 PM will not connect... frustrating...
  7. The BMF Win User

Can't connect to 360

Update, have tried hard reset, uninstalling all 360 games, removing gamer profile, and now even reverting to factory settings but nothing is working. Xbox one works just fine but 360 games won't connect to internet or xbox live.
  8. japeterman Win User

Backwards Compabilty can't connect to Xbox live

i have tried clearing all xbox 360 data, resetting (not restarting, RESETTING) the xbox one, changing my xbox live password, everything i could find, but it still tells me i need to download my profile but then says cannot connect. HELP!!
Thema:

1. Just reset xbox 360 - now cannot connect to xbox live - Similar Threads - reset 360 cannot

2. I was given an xbox 360 and need to reset parental controls. How do I do that?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was given an xbox 360 and need to reset parental controls. How do I do that?: How do I reset parental controls? I was given this xbox 360 but it won't let me watch anything above pg rating... 0957cef2-45b1-4d55-9bca-bcc767b9e3b0
  3. How to reset my Xbox 360 E console

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to reset my Xbox 360 E console: how would I factory reset an Xbox 360 E console because I've searched up many ways to do it and yet none of them worked is there an actual way for this certain system that will work if so let me...
  4. Reset a second hand xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset a second hand xbox 360: Hello I'm trying to reset the console, there seems to be two issues. When I try and format the console it doesn't give me the option to enter the console serial No but gives me a message saying a...
  5. Jak zresetować kontrole rodzicielską z XBOX 360? [Mod Translation-How do you reset parental...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Jak zresetować kontrole rodzicielską z XBOX 360? [Mod Translation-How do you reset parental...: Nie wiem jak zresetować kontrolę rodzicielską z zablokowanymi początkowymi ustawieniami [Mod Translation-I don't know how to reset parental controls from locked initial settings]...
  6. bought a pre owned xbox 360 not allowing me to reset password error message #

in XboX Networking Hardware
    bought a pre owned xbox 360 not allowing me to reset password error message #: bought a pre owned xbox 360 not allowing me to reset password error message # Hi there, are you trying to reset the Family Passcode or an account password? The steps mentioned by the other...
  7. Xbox 360 family pass code reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 family pass code reset: Hello everyone, recently I bought an Xbox 360 from one person who is not actual owner of it, the product is out of warranty. So, please help me in resetting my pass code for Xbox 360. Thankyou...
  8. Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.: Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive. I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created the ticket [mod removed] for me....
  9. Bought second hand xbox 360 and it has a perental lock code on it how can I reset if it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought second hand xbox 360 and it has a perental lock code on it how can I reset if it...: What can i do to reset the code??? 973ced9b-b99b-4505-94da-748192adee9c
  10. XBox 360, no connection to Live, cannot update, cannot factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360, no connection to Live, cannot update, cannot factory reset: I have an XBox 360 with a current Live account. It will not connect to our internet and keeps prompting an Update that cannot download. We have tried to factory reset and it does nothing. We...