Just want to play Gears 5 Campaign, getting 0x8b050033, locked out of solo campaign.

Discus and support Just want to play Gears 5 Campaign, getting 0x8b050033, locked out of solo campaign. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey guys, Xbox Live says all services online, but can't get an update for Gears 5 (says I need an update, but can't get it right now due to Xbox server... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FR1EDP1CKLE, Sep 19, 2019.

1. FR1EDP1CKLE
    FR1EDP1CKLE Guest

Just want to play Gears 5 Campaign, getting 0x8b050033, locked out of solo campaign.

Hey guys, Xbox Live says all services online, but can't get an update for Gears 5 (says I need an update, but can't get it right now due to Xbox server maintenance, Error 0x8b050033). Xbox is blocking the entire game (not just online features), can't
    even play campaign solo. Kinda bad design to block access to the campaign portion of a game because an update is needed but your servers can't provide it.

:)

FR1EDP1CKLE, Sep 19, 2019
  2. FR1EDP1CKLE Win User

Hey EeMBe, thanks for the reply! I did; then it just says the game isn't loaded or installed (even though it had been completely downloaded, been playing for a couple days). I guess that games are now requiring an always on connection.
  3. FR1EDP1CKLE Win User

Thanks Phoenix_Reins, I hope so. Still down as of this moment for me (may be due to Geo Location).
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi FR1EDP1CKLE,

I believe your received that error code do to Xbox servers are undergoing maintenance or the Gears 5 servers are undergoing maintenance. They should be up and running, I have had the game update on my pc and console recently with no issue relating to the
    error code you and other have received.

If you are still having trouble with this I would suggest keeping an eye on the Gears server page GEARS 5 STATUS and you can also check error codes here Error
    & Status Code Search

I hope this can help you and get you back to gaming.
  5. Oraclea Win User

Hi, I am seeing at the moment on the
    Xbox Live Status
    page that there is a current issue affecting many users regarding Gears 5. From a quick look at Twitter, the error code you're receiving appears to be the same one as others are currently getting right now.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon! In the meantime, you can request a notification for when the issue is resolved on the

Xbox Live Status
    page.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Fr1ed,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the issue. We recommend try signing out of the Xbox app and then sign back in. This has been a fix for people not able to update Gears 5 since the service alert yesterday.

To sign out, go to the Settings screen in the the Xbox Console Companion app. At the top of the General tab, select
    Sign out.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Just want to play Gears 5 Campaign, getting 0x8b050033, locked out of solo campaign. - Similar Threads - play Gears Campaign

2. why cant i install or play gears 5

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i install or play gears 5: I bought the xbox pass yesterday and downloaded 4-5 games one including gears 5 i played it for a bit but then i had to go i came back the next day going on to the xbox app on my pc (where i...
  3. Gears 5 VR? So want to say xcloud is brilliant very little to fault and can play on Gear VR.

in XboX Insiders
    Gears 5 VR? So want to say xcloud is brilliant very little to fault and can play on Gear VR.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ilovmyselfalot [link] [comments]
  4. Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install/play Gears 5 after download (Xbox PC Game Pass): Hi folks, Gears 5 was previously working on my PC. I did a reformat for unrelated reasons and reinstalled Gears 5. The Xbox app indicated the download was done, but presented me with the Install...
  5. Can I play Gears of War 4 campaign on Xbox without the 90GB update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Gears of War 4 campaign on Xbox without the 90GB update?: Basically, the title. Is it possible to play the Gears 4 campaign on xbox without the 90GB update, disk content only? Thanks for any replies. f3386a52-6d34-49c1-8236-c35130a7835b
  6. gears of war 4 cant play offline solo campaign

in XBoX on Windows
    gears of war 4 cant play offline solo campaign: hello i have a litlle problem with gears of war 4. when i try to play solo campaign it says : Failed to create game. A connection to xbox live could not be established. Please check your...
  7. How long until I can play campaign mode on Gears of War 4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How long until I can play campaign mode on Gears of War 4?: I own the physical copy of this game and have fully installed the game itself, however it's asking me to download a 71.25GB update. I have extremely slow internet (DSL) in my area and can't get...
  8. I can not play Gears of War 3 campaign on xbox one, No puedo jugar campaña Gears of war 3 ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not play Gears of War 3 campaign on xbox one, No puedo jugar campaña Gears of war 3 ...: Hello, I have a problem wanting to play the Gears of war 3 campaign on my xbox one, when I give it to play the campaign, the screen is paralyzed and does not load hola,tengo un problema al querer...
  9. Co-Op Friend to play Campaign for Gears of War Judgment!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Co-Op Friend to play Campaign for Gears of War Judgment!: Needing mature person to play co-op campaign of Gear of War Judgment and possibly other gears of war titles. Needing to get some achievements and game is better whilst playing with someone else....
  10. 2 players Campaign mode/versus/horde doesn't work when playing Gears of War 2 Backwards ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 players Campaign mode/versus/horde doesn't work when playing Gears of War 2 Backwards ...: I can't figure out how to get a 2nd local player to join me on Co-op campaign mode, versus or horde mode? When I try and add the 2nd user on the 2nd controller it only gives me the options to have...