Keyboard and apps keep freezing!!!

Discus and support Keyboard and apps keep freezing!!! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey, so i have browsed around the web for about an hour(the extent of my patience tonight) and have not found a solution to my issue. When i arrived... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/GSquareddad, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Keyboard and apps keep freezing!!!

Hey, so i have browsed around the web for about an hour(the extent of my patience tonight) and have not found a solution to my issue.

When i arrived home tonight and turned on my xbox to play PSO2(and later found my son had similar issues today), i found that the keyboards werent working. Virtual or usb. So i thought, "hey, ill reboot the app." I couldn't close the app. Odd. So i tried to turn off the xbox. It sat there and ignored all inputs from keyboard or controller.

Held down the power button. Unplugged usb inputs and the xbox for 5m. Plugged back in xbox sans usb inputs.

Tried to sign in. Xbox would not allow me to select my profile. Turned off and on normally. Worked ok, got into pso2, and everything failed again.

Uninstalled pso2, reset via turn off + unplug again.

Worked for 5m, started freezing. Tried watching funimation. Same issues. Allowed me to open app, but would not accept any inputs.

Please help!

submitted by /u/GSquareddad
    [link] [comments]

/u/GSquareddad, Jun 25, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. HowlingWolfe93 Win User

Xbox One Bug, Fix As Soon As Possible

You don't seem to understand my point. I don't want my console to keep on freezing like it is. The Xbox One is supposed to be better than the 360. (Which didn't have any problems other than RROD.)

I want an update that fixes this on-screen keyboard freezes completely. Not a solution to get around it. There's no reason for the keyboard to be freezing at all. I've had my Xbox One on the first (or second) year it came out, and it NEVER froze until a
    few months ago.
  3. Patrick Maciel Win User

After disconnect or turn off Xbox One Controller in Windows 10 mouse click not work and beeping while I moving

Yes... I have the same.

Mouse freeze, keyboard still working, but if I disconnect the mouse, keyboard and controller from USB and try to connect again, not works.
  4. Daniel D2K1 Win User

Xbox One Keyboard freezes

Now with the Recent Update my Kinect affects the Keyboard freezing as well. I have this unfortunate hardware issue with my Kinect where it randomly turns off and On by itself. But after the August Update, when I use the Keyboard to type something and my
    Kinect turns off, the Keyboard freezes or lags, until the Kinect turns on again (Turns off and freezes the Keyboard for 2-4 seconds then turns on again)

Example: Typing the word, "Warframe". I would start inputting the letters then when I get to the letter "m" it freezes and I noticed my Kinect just turned off and the Keyboard is stuck (or frozen) on "m" even though you can hear the keyboard noises while
    trying to move to the next letter. But this moment only lasts for 2-4 seconds but can still repeat, even on the same word or even the next letter.

As a result I have unplugged by Kinect, which is my only main way of talking to others (Only when playing Solo which I do most of the time) as my Xbox Headset broke or died
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Keyboard and mouse

Keyboards work, even some compatible wireless keyboards. Mice do not and likely never will. Keyboard support is for text entry on Internet Explorer and apps, not in games.
  6. DrKillerZA Win User

Xbox App Keyboard

Hey Schalk,

What type of keyboard are you using? From my experience, High end keyboards need updated drivers, and it is better to update them manually then using the automatic updating feature.

I double checked all settings on the app to make sure there was no way to disable keyboards as well. hope this helps, be sure to come back to let us know which keyboard you are using.
    Hi Chris,

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard, so I trust Microsoft keep their own keyboard's driver up to date :)

Are you actively using the application to stream from your Xbox? Does your application recognize text input and allow your keyboard to be used?
Thema:

Keyboard and apps keep freezing!!!

1. Keyboard and apps keep freezing!!! - Similar Threads - Keyboard apps keep

2. Xbox app keyboard function not working with xbox one

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app keyboard function not working with xbox one: As simply as i can put it, my xbox app keyboard popup function is not working when i need to type on my xbox one. I mostly use this to input long admin commands on Ark but lately it hasn’t been...
  3. xbox app changes language based on keyboard layout not windows language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app changes language based on keyboard layout not windows language: Hello, I have a problem, I want to have my keyboard set to japanese by default since I write a lot with it but my windows stays in english, no problem there, the issue I have with this is that the...
  4. Xbox App Keyboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Keyboard: Hey guys... I use the Xbox App every single day and I just can't seem to figure out why my PC keyboard "sometimes" work for chat why other times not. Isn't the app supposed to detect when there...
  5. Xbox PC and Android APP's not bringing up Keyboard when attempting to type on the xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC and Android APP's not bringing up Keyboard when attempting to type on the xbox: Hi all, For the last few weeks i have been plagued with a rather annoying bug. I use quite heavily the xbox apps for easier typing on games like ARK however the option to do so has stopped...
  6. PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC keyboard doesn't work for messaging anymore in XB1 Windows 10 app: Up until recently I could use my PC keyboard to type messages both on the console and in game like GTA for example. Seems like it was with the most recent dashboard update. Why'd this change?...
  7. Xbox app keyboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keyboard: Whenever I try to type in admin codes in ark the xbox app keyboard doesn't pop up when I select the text box in the game, I had no problem with it 2 days ago and now it doesn't work at all....
  8. Virtual Keyboard functionality on iOS App is Missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Virtual Keyboard functionality on iOS App is Missing: The ability to use the iOS XBOX app to enter text through the on screen keyboard is no longer there. Thus requiring the use of the controller to enter text. Is this ever coming back?...
  9. Enable IOS predictive text & suggestions on keyboard when Xbox is connected to the app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Enable IOS predictive text & suggestions on keyboard when Xbox is connected to the app.: I most of the time my iPad to control my Xbox and write messages. The predictive text and suggestions are active In everything inside the IOS app, but its not active when the app is connected to...
  10. XBox Team: It's time for a new keyboard app. The current one is annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Team: It's time for a new keyboard app. The current one is annoying.: It's been many years since the XBox One launched yet we're still burdened with this "keyboard app" which pops up in every game, every post, every reply to messages when we want to communicate...