Keyboard on Xbox One works only sometimes

Discus and support Keyboard on Xbox One works only sometimes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I turn on my Xbox the keyboard will either light up or it won't. Now I've tried 5 times with no success 8eb86806-77e8-4ef3-a03e-2fabcb4cf7a8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by APP18, Mar 25, 2020.

1. APP18
    APP18 Guest

Whenever I turn on my Xbox the keyboard will either light up or it won't. Now I've tried 5 times with no success

:)

APP18, Mar 25, 2020
  2. APP18 Win User

I would try different USB ports on the Xbox and then if that gives the same result try it on a computer if you are able.
    I've tried it on all USB ports. It worked fine last night
  3. Flymonkey102 Win User

I would try different USB ports on the Xbox and then if that gives the same result try it on a computer if you are able.
  4. Flymonkey102 Win User

Which keyboard are you referring to, the software keyboard, a physical one or the chatpad?
  5. APP18 Win User

I would try a different port for sure. I havent had any issues with mine. I have my keyboard plugged into the back and plug my wireless dongle for my mouse in the front one. I also having an optical headset which uses the third one that's in the
    back to power the wireless dongle for that.
    I've tried all USB ports
  6. APP18 Win User

Which keyboard are you referring to, the software keyboard, a physical one or the chatpad?
    physical keyboard plugged in with USB
Thema:

1. Keyboard on Xbox One works only sometimes - Similar Threads - Keyboard works sometimes

2. Keyboard not working on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keyboard not working on Xbox: I got a keyboard to play Modern Warfare and when I plug it in, the logo on the keyboard lights up (It's an Alpha Gaming keyboard), but the keys don't light up as they should and is unresponsive...
  3. Xbox Console Companion Keyboard Works Roughly 5% of the Time

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion Keyboard Works Roughly 5% of the Time: I use the Xbox Companion App for Windows 10 everyday while I'm playing on my Xbox One S. I use the app as my main chat client for parties since the adapter from my headset to my controller broke....
  4. Xbox app keyboard function not working with xbox one

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app keyboard function not working with xbox one: As simply as i can put it, my xbox app keyboard popup function is not working when i need to type on my xbox one. I mostly use this to input long admin commands on Ark but lately it hasn’t been...
  5. Mouse and keyboard doesn't work in Alpha Skip ahead, but does in other previews and non...

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard doesn't work in Alpha Skip ahead, but does in other previews and non...: This has been an issue since october that I've sent feedback for through the console report a problem feature and I'm not sure if it's actually being handled On alpha skip ahead preview builds,...
  6. [Possible Bug] On Screen Keyboard Not Working Correctly

in XboX Insiders
    [Possible Bug] On Screen Keyboard Not Working Correctly: Hello, I am in the Alpha Skip Ahead ring, and while trying to submit feedback the On Screen Keyboard isn't functioning as it should. While using my controller to type it autocorrects, and then...
  7. Fortnite Mouse and Keyboard not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Mouse and Keyboard not working: Mouse and Keyboard not working on Fortnite , I tried to use mouse and keyboard on another account and it works perfectly, but it does not work on my account. adfb3874-e0f2-4cc6-b20a-29873e5a1866
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working on BF5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and keyboard not working on BF5: Hi guys, i have spoken to support and have tried many keyboards , i am using a wired logitec mouse and a mech alien ware key board, i have tried two other wireless mice and 2 other keyboards. on...
  9. Keyboard not working on Xbox One S.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Keyboard not working on Xbox One S.: Hello, Im trying to use my keyboard for replying to messages and better navigation on my xbox. It stopped working on the xbox entirely, the xbox wont even recognize the keyboard, mouse works fine,...
  10. USB Keyboard not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    USB Keyboard not working: Hello everyone. For the past few months, my keyboard hasn't been working at all for the Xbox. I tried plugging it into all 3 ports, but nothing happened. If I messed with the USB a bit, the...