Kinect 2.0 Continuously Turns Off and On by Itself

Discus and support Kinect 2.0 Continuously Turns Off and On by Itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 3 Xbox ones. A Day One edition, a Halo 5 edition, and 1 regular 1st gen. They all work perfectly. They all have Kinect. On the first two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OMGi8CAKE, Dec 10, 2018.

1. OMGi8CAKE
    OMGi8CAKE Guest

I have 3 Xbox ones. A Day One edition, a Halo 5 edition, and 1 regular 1st gen. They all work perfectly. They all have Kinect. On the first two consoles I mentioned I've had major problems with Kinect turning off by itself. Occasionally it will turn itself
    back on, but usually I have to hard reboot. Sometimes they stay on for 5 minutes, sometimes they stay on for two days. I've replaced both with brand new Kinects, and I sent one out for Microsoft to "repair". It works for a while and then the same thing happens.

I guess my questions are:

Does anyone else have this issue?

Is there an update or something that can resolve this, since it clearly isnt a hardware issue?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm sick of dumping money into what would otherwise be a great feature.

:)

OMGi8CAKE, Dec 10, 2018
  2. OMGi8CAKE Win User

Thanks Legend! I didnt know that, good stuff. Does the webcam replace the Kinect completely with the ability to use it for the Xbox/Cortana voice commands and TV Control?
  3. LegendDolby1986 Win User

mine is called

Logitech, C920 HD Pro
  4. LegendDolby1986 Win User

hi, as far as i know, yes I use it for broadcasting on mixer and its a lot less bulky than the Kinect 2.0 I'm glad I can help don't forget to mark this question as solved if you get any more problems don't hesitate to ask me :)
  5. LegendDolby1986 Win User

hi there cake,

did you know that xbox now supports webcams in replacement for the kinect? i use a logitec webcam and its great hope this helps :)
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

So is it possible

You can turn off the Kinect's functions but every console is sold with the Kinect 2.0.
Thema:

1. Kinect 2.0 Continuously Turns Off and On by Itself - Similar Threads - Kinect Continuously Turns

2. sensor kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    sensor kinect: Hi, today i try to switch on my xbox 360 with kinect, and i receive the error message that the kinect in not plug in to electricity. I already change the plug and it happens the same. What can...
  3. Kinect going on and off constantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect going on and off constantly: Kinect has worked great for years on my xbox 1 But now it dont... try to get into setting and it says plug it in. Sometimes the options to turn on or mute mic appear6in the setting then...
  4. Kinect Sports Season 2: Unable to start game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Sports Season 2: Unable to start game: Hi, I recently bought a used xbox360 in good shape. Games that I got works apart from Kinect Sports Season 2. The game launches and all is well until I am asked where to store my game data. I...
  5. Kinect 1 not connecting or recognized by pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Kinect 1 not connecting or recognized by pc.: Downloaded Kinect for windows SDK V1.7 The downloads show when I go to control panel, but, do not show anyplace else. It appears that everything is in the downloads. Just cannot get to connected...
  6. Kinect not working with original Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect not working with original Xbox One: I have an original Xbox One and Kinect. The problem is the Kinect doesn't appear to be working. I turn on the console and the Kinect doesn't turn on. When the problem first occurred, I was able to...
  7. Updating the Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updating the Kinect: At my work we have a kinect and it won't allow us to play unless it's been updated. There currently is no connection to the internet. How do we go about this? 65a520d2-ce6a-4c9a-ad58-79e67f15f2a5
  8. Kinect isnt working only during gameplay.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect isnt working only during gameplay.: I've gone to settings, seen what the Kinect sees, done all the visual and audio stepa... allison good there. The power light, little white light, and (most importantly here) red dots are all on,...
  9. Kinect restarting continuously

in XBoX on Windows
    Kinect restarting continuously: My Kinect keeps continuously restarting and it's out of warranty. Resetting the console didn't help. Nor the website troubleshoots. If anyone could solve it I would be grateful! Nice day!...
  10. Kinect continually needs hard shutdown to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect continually needs hard shutdown to start: My Kinect won't start with the system, which in turn kills my voice commands for turning the system on and off, or anything else in between. I will do a hard shutdown on the system and Kinect...