Kinect 2.0 Continuously Turns Off and On by Itself

Discus and support Kinect 2.0 Continuously Turns Off and On by Itself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 3 Xbox ones. A Day One edition, a Halo 5 edition, and 1 regular 1st gen. They all work perfectly. They all have Kinect. On the first two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OMGi8CAKE, Dec 10, 2018.

1. OMGi8CAKE
    OMGi8CAKE Guest

I have 3 Xbox ones. A Day One edition, a Halo 5 edition, and 1 regular 1st gen. They all work perfectly. They all have Kinect. On the first two consoles I mentioned I've had major problems with Kinect turning off by itself. Occasionally it will turn itself
    back on, but usually I have to hard reboot. Sometimes they stay on for 5 minutes, sometimes they stay on for two days. I've replaced both with brand new Kinects, and I sent one out for Microsoft to "repair". It works for a while and then the same thing happens.

I guess my questions are:

Does anyone else have this issue?

Is there an update or something that can resolve this, since it clearly isnt a hardware issue?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm sick of dumping money into what would otherwise be a great feature.

:)

OMGi8CAKE, Dec 10, 2018
  2. OMGi8CAKE Win User

Thanks Legend! I didnt know that, good stuff. Does the webcam replace the Kinect completely with the ability to use it for the Xbox/Cortana voice commands and TV Control?
  3. LegendDolby1986 Win User

mine is called

Logitech, C920 HD Pro
  4. LegendDolby1986 Win User

hi, as far as i know, yes I use it for broadcasting on mixer and its a lot less bulky than the Kinect 2.0 I'm glad I can help don't forget to mark this question as solved if you get any more problems don't hesitate to ask me :)
  5. LegendDolby1986 Win User

hi there cake,

did you know that xbox now supports webcams in replacement for the kinect? i use a logitec webcam and its great hope this helps :)
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

So is it possible

You can turn off the Kinect's functions but every console is sold with the Kinect 2.0.
Thema:

1. Kinect 2.0 Continuously Turns Off and On by Itself - Similar Threads - Kinect Continuously Turns

2. Kinect wont power xbox on, but works for all other commands.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect wont power xbox on, but works for all other commands.: My kinect will not power my xbox on, but all of the other voice commands work including the power off command. I disabled Cortana as well. Does this have something to do with it?...
  3. Xboxone x and Kinect games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xboxone x and Kinect games: what kinect games do you play that are compatible with xboxone x and kinect. I need some help in finding games that i can use. Thanks in advance. 4bd58d0c-6396-4193-9372-add9a6e697e1
  4. Kinect Problem

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect Problem: Immediately after installing the June 10 update, my Kinect stopped functioning. Deep reboots of the console and disconnecting and reconnectioning power to the Kinect don't seem to help. submitted...
  5. Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken?: The sync button on my xbox one has suddenly stooped working and my controller has disconnected. Can I use a kinect to connect my controller even with the button on the console not working?...
  6. Kinect being a [Mod Removed - Inappropriate]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect being a [Mod Removed - Inappropriate]: I have an xbox one kinect all was fine, and my electric went out, then when i restarted xbox the kinect was turning off and on continuously, when i got to what connect sees, says plug kinect in...
  7. kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect: Estou com um problema!! meu kinect só fica com uma luz vermelha acesa falando sobre a fonte que estã com pouca energia.. Mais estava normal. e de uma hora para outra ficou assim... Já atualizei...
  8. Xbox 360 Kinect Can’t Move Enough

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Kinect Can’t Move Enough: Having trouble getting past this error. Unfortunately It was adjusted manually, is there anyway around the error now? I can’t seem to find any fixes anywhere. Please help!...
  9. Kinect restarting continuously

in XBoX on Windows
    Kinect restarting continuously: My Kinect keeps continuously restarting and it's out of warranty. Resetting the console didn't help. Nor the website troubleshoots. If anyone could solve it I would be grateful! Nice day!...
  10. Kinect continually needs hard shutdown to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect continually needs hard shutdown to start: My Kinect won't start with the system, which in turn kills my voice commands for turning the system on and off, or anything else in between. I will do a hard shutdown on the system and Kinect...