Kinect and TV control not working

Discus and support Kinect and TV control not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not totally sure if this is the right place to post, but haven't found a better place to ask. I'm a part of the Preview Program and since the April... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GAMEGENIENY, Apr 6, 2015.

1. GAMEGENIENY
    GAMEGENIENY Guest

Not totally sure if this is the right place to post, but haven't found a better place to ask. I'm a part of the Preview Program and since the April Preview release, my Kinect no longer works. Will not turn on. Had no issues before the update with the kinect
    or the console either. Also my console no longer controls my TV or AVR system(powering them on/off and such). I'm hoping this is just some software glitch with the update and that my system hasn't "developed" some crazy issues. Anyone have this issue or know
    a fix ?

:)

GAMEGENIENY, Apr 6, 2015
  2. Zodiculous
    Zodiculous Guest
    Voice Commands will not control TV or Audio Receiver anymore

Posting as well to follow here. I have the One S with a kinect plugged in. It toggles my soundbar and controls volume fine but won't control my Samsung TV (model # UN65HU8700FXZA) at all. At first before I got the kinect adapter I thought the IR blaster
    on the One S was being blocked in my cabinet but it was controlling the soundbar right under the TV fine as well as not working on the TV without obstructions. Now I have the kinect plugged in and I'm not sure which part is sending the IR commands, the front
    of the console or the kinect, but it's still not working.

Zodiculous, Apr 6, 2015
  3. hobblejp
    hobblejp Guest
    Microsoft conference

Not from the MS conference but MS working with another company have been trying to get a kinect device to work on a normal TV as a remote control or something

hobblejp, Apr 6, 2015
  4. Zodiculous Win User

Voice Commands will not control TV or Audio Receiver anymore

Posting as well to follow here. I have the One S with a kinect plugged in. It toggles my soundbar and controls volume fine but won't control my Samsung TV (model # UN65HU8700FXZA) at all. At first before I got the kinect adapter I thought the IR blaster
    on the One S was being blocked in my cabinet but it was controlling the soundbar right under the TV fine as well as not working on the TV without obstructions. Now I have the kinect plugged in and I'm not sure which part is sending the IR commands, the front
    of the console or the kinect, but it's still not working.
  5. UnchargedTerror Win User

TV: Freeview HD?

How does the TV thing even work? How can Kinect control a satellite box? Also I assume I can plug in a freeview hd box and although not control via kinect, notifications appear on top of the picture?
  6. hobblejp Win User

Microsoft conference

Not from the MS conference but MS working with another company have been trying to get a kinect device to work on a normal TV as a remote control or something
  7. ThaBlink Win User

LG 55LB6300

Hi Studbucket,

I was under the impression that the TV would've been controlled by the hdmi control (like the PS3). I had my previous 2012 LG 47LS4600 hooked up the same way with the kinect on top and it worked fine. Additionally, my kinect is currently behind my sound
    bar (which is hooked up via the TV's optical port) and it works fine.

With that said, I tried your suggestion of holding my kinect facing down and it worked! I put it back on top of the TV and spaced my TV a little further back from my sound bar and it appears to be working fine now.

Thank you so much for your help!
  8. Puma Kane Win User

Media Remote for Xbox One

_^^ If your Kinect is able to control your TV, then the answer is yes. The remote controls all devices via the Kinect.
Thema:

1. Kinect and TV control not working - Similar Threads - Kinect control working

2. Ovládání XONES,X pomocí kinectu [XONES control,X using kinect]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ovládání XONES,X pomocí kinectu [XONES control,X using kinect]: Dobrý den, před týdnem jsem si koupil na XONES kinect a docela mě zklamalo, že ikdyž je tento kinect lepší než u 360, tak nemá tolik možností. Když si vezmete, že na X360 jste mohli dělat hodně...
  3. Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use Kinect to sync a controller if the sync button on my Xbox one is broken?: The sync button on my xbox one has suddenly stooped working and my controller has disconnected. Can I use a kinect to connect my controller even with the button on the console not working?...
  4. volume under Kinect and devices option for controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    volume under Kinect and devices option for controller: help under settings, Kinect and devices then controller options it's not showing volume as being option. we have 2 machines and 1 machine doesn't show it so cannot alter volume to allow...
  5. xbox one controller and kinect does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller and kinect does not work: Hi xbox peeps ..,so awhile ago I posted that my controller had stopped working (solution at the time was i replaced the controller) now I have the same problem again and an added issue is my...
  6. Kinect Volume Controls not working after the most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Volume Controls not working after the most recent update: I'm experiencing issues with the Volume Up and Volume Down functions with the Kinect on the XBOX One. All other functionalities including Mute work fine. I have already worked with a Chat...
  7. kinect v2 USB controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect v2 USB controller not working: I have purchased a xbox one kinect sensor with windows v2 adapter severals month ago. and i bought a new msi GE62 6QF with 6700HQ processor. When i connect kinect everything is OK except USB...
  8. Kinect IR Emitter for TV/Cable Box control stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect IR Emitter for TV/Cable Box control stopped working: Hi, For the past week my Kinect stopped controlling my TV and cable box. It used to work perfectly and nothing changed hardware wise so I don't know what's going on. I did every reset procedure...
  9. Party Chat - No one can hear me. Kinect still works. Bought a new controller and Triton ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat - No one can hear me. Kinect still works. Bought a new controller and Triton ...: First of all my friends hear crackling over party chat, it's unbearable for them. I go out and buy a new headset, still there os crackling. I buy a new controller, still there is crackling. Then...
  10. Controller & Kinect randomly stop working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller & Kinect randomly stop working.: I've had times where my Xbox One controller randomly stops working. It continues to be on but the home button doesn't work, whenever you press it nothing happens and the only way to navigate...