Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart.

Discus and support Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When switching my Xbox on I’ve noticed that the Xbox doesn’t register Kinect commands for around 30sec after a restart or a cold start. After short... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Man-of-Gears, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart.

When switching my Xbox on I’ve noticed that the Xbox doesn’t register Kinect commands for around 30sec after a restart or a cold start.

After short time it starts registering commands and working normally or it starts to register all the commands I’ve asked from the start.

Anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/Man-of-Gears
    [link] [comments]

/u/Man-of-Gears, Dec 4, 2019
  2. xXBlackAbbottXx Win User

Unresponsive Kinect followed by frozen Xbox

Same issue here. I started Kinect Fitness and the screen wouldn't load. I went back to home to close the app and restart and that's when the controller became unresponsive. The kinect light was still on but voice commands would not work. Turned it off
    and could start hitting the home button on the controller but nothing else would register from the controller.

I ended up unplugging the kinect AND unplugging the power cord. Waited about 2 minutes and reconnected and started using the on switch on the console. Powered up and worked just fine after that. Thank god.
  3. mrjonez1 Win User

Can't connect. Check your network name a s password and try again ERROR

I did a cold restart and it worked. I'm back online. I also unplugged my kinect, but I'm not sure if it matters or not.

Here's how to do a cold restart.

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

I also found and an article on IGN that stated "To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform a full reboot of your system, also known as a powercycle, cold restart or hard reset."
  4. benchmulger Win User

"Xbox On" command not working

I have this same issue, and I've recalibrated like 10 times. I can turn the xbox on manually with my controller, stand in the same location, and the voice commands work fine; however, if I start with the xbox off, it only registers the command if I'm extremely
    close to the kinect (and then it only does it about 20% of the time).
  5. TommyGunner85 Win User

Xbox One stuck with a Black Screen

I also am in the preview program and this happened to me today. I was watching TV and the screen went black. Now all I get is the black screen after start up. I have tried the following:

Hard Restart (holding the white console button for 15 seconds.)

Really Hard Restart (Unplugging the sucker and letting it sit for 60 seconds.)

New HDMI Cable.

Unplug the Kinect and restart.

I still get the green start up screen but then it goes black. It does however respond to kinect voice commands and those commands appear on screen. So it's not an issue with the HDMI or the TV. :-(
  6. Arkham99 Win User

How do you find the Kinect voice commands?

[quote user="voteDC"]

However when trying to command them to move I often had to try several different tones before the game would understand me. A pain since it was quite responsive on the other commands.

[/quote]

I remember reading about others from the U.K. having similar problems with the Kinect Voice Commands, the consensus was that Microsoft hadn't done their homework with the many variations of the English Accent the first time around when engineering the Kinect.
    Many don't realize that in just London alone there are atleast 2 dozen different "English Accents" depending on which part of the city you've grown up in. Try saying the Commands that you're having trouble with in "Liverpudlian" and it may just register,
    worth a shot anyway, New Yorkers had trouble with some Voice Commands as well and modified their accents slightly to solve the problem...:)
Thema:

Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart.

1. Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart. - Similar Threads - Kinect commands don’t

2. How use Kinect commands on Xbox One by Kinect ?

in XboX Insiders
    How use Kinect commands on Xbox One by Kinect ?: Hello guys Cortana is no longer support since last update. How use Xbox commands by Kinect ? Thank you in advance submitted by /u/FandeZelda42 [link] [comments]
  3. Kinect wont power xbox on, but works for all other commands.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect wont power xbox on, but works for all other commands.: My kinect will not power my xbox on, but all of the other voice commands work including the power off command. I disabled Cortana as well. Does this have something to do with it?...
  4. Kinect and voice commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect and voice commands: This is an issue i’ve been seeing a lot and would like if this could be looked into. While i’m watching video wether it be on YouTube, watching TV on the OneGuide, and watching a movie on the...
  5. My kinect wont turn on with voice command

in XBoX on Windows
    My kinect wont turn on with voice command: My Kinect sensor wont respond to my turn on voice command. It works fine when the console is turned on, and I can use commands to turn the console off, but I cant turn the console back on with...
  6. Kinect Voice Commands Inoperable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Voice Commands Inoperable: HELP My Netflix voice commands seems to not be working. There was a ticket submitted previously, and it seems to still not be fixed after a year. When I say "Xbox Select", it doesn't prompt me to...
  7. Xbox 360 Netflix kinect commands not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Netflix kinect commands not working: Can't seem to find the answered thread to previous posts about this issue. My kinect voice commands for the Xbox 360 work 100% everywhere else but in the Netflix app (which is pretty much the...
  8. Selective Kinect Commands

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Selective Kinect Commands: In my hulu app, my kinect will respond to "Xbox Pause" and pause the video with no issues. "Xbox Play", however, or any other command for that matter, will not work. Error message "Cannot "play"...
  9. Notification centre has a poor user experience when using Kinect/voice commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notification centre has a poor user experience when using Kinect/voice commands: Since the major UI update, it's become nearly impossible to respond to a notification using voice commands, as the meaningful text is replaced with "Item 1", "Item 2", etc. Responding to a...
  10. Xbox One kinect original voice commands are not working on Hulu or Netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One kinect original voice commands are not working on Hulu or Netflix: I am using Kinect with the original voice commands (not Cortana) and I can pause the videos fine: (" xbox, Pause!") and the machine responds fine, but "xbox select" does confirm the select...