Kinect died a few weeks after day one controller became faulty!!!!!!!

Discus and support Kinect died a few weeks after day one controller became faulty!!!!!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Kinect sensor died a couple of nights ago and my day one controller is currently in Germany waiting to be replaced. Hopefully I can get some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by darren uk-B28C553A-1334-4F24-B60F-05C5D7A0D254, Jun 2, 2014.

  1. Kinect died a few weeks after day one controller became faulty!!!!!!!


    My Kinect sensor died a couple of nights ago and my day one controller is currently in Germany waiting to be replaced.

    Hopefully I can get some answers and maybe some compensation for the premature failure from a system/equipment that has cost me £500+ with an extended warranty!!

    I have complained on twitter to xbox support who have pointed me to this forum for assistance.

    My retailer (who the system was brought through) sent me a new controller as a goodwill gesture to keep me gaming as a day one controller is only available from microsoft as is a kinect sensor, pointless me contacting my retailer about the kinect failure.

    My system is only switched on at weekends so it is not over used and I cannot understand having 2 failures weeks apart, very poor build quality at a very high price!!!

    As it stands now I only have half a system and for the amount it cost I am extremely hacked off!!

    Kinect is packaged and off to the czech republic for a replacement, minimum 14 day turn around.

    I need answers please!!!!!!!!

    :)
     
    darren uk-B28C553A-1334-4F24-B60F-05C5D7A0D254, Jun 2, 2014
    #1
  2. Passe43
    Passe43 Guest
    GOW 3 controller died after a week

    So I bought the sweet GOW3 controller with a gift card I got with my purchase of MW3 and after not even a week of using it it died while I was playing. It wasn't the battery or the battery pack. I changed both of those from my other controller and it didn't
    work. So is there a warranty at all with it or do I have a new paper weight? I literally got it about 5 or 6 days ago.
     
    Passe43, Jun 2, 2014
    #2
  3. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    GOW 3 controller died after a week

    Only a week old? Take it back to the store and get it replaced.

    If it's any older than that, all Xbox accessories come with a 90 day warranty.
     
    Dirty Loco, Jun 2, 2014
    #3
  4. Kinect died a few weeks after day one controller became faulty!!!!!!!

    In my experience, as both consumer and retailer, 99% of a product will be fine, of the remaining 1%, about 20% will have 1 fault, and the other 80% will get replaced or repaired but further develop faults. It's weird how if your unlucky in these situations
    you, more often than not, are doubly or triply unlucky.

    I call it "Jeffery's Law".
     
    Skeeter Quill, Jun 3, 2014
    #4
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

    Kinect died a few weeks after day one controller became faulty!!!!!!!

    In my experience, as both consumer and retailer, 99% of a product will be fine, of the remaining 1%, about 20% will have 1 fault, and the other 80% will get replaced or repaired but further develop faults. It's weird how if your unlucky in these situations
    you, more often than not, are doubly or triply unlucky.

    I call it "Jeffery's Law".
  6. A SLAYER FAN Win User

    Do you use your Kinect to play games on your Xbox One?

    1 day into playing Rivals and Kinect died. CS said 3-5 weeks for replacement.
  7. Nohra369 Win User

    Xbox Controller Future (elite and others)

    I Totally agree. You would expect to buy a controller and have support especially if you have looked after it and its a faulty part that dies.
  8. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

    My Xbox One Controller is suddenly malfunctioning big time.

    I was having this problem pretty heavily like a week after I got my One. There is a giant thread in the support forums of controllers disconnecting for a second or two. Bought regular One controller and didn't have any problems staying connected. So paid
    the $6 shipping to send it to MS and two weeks later got a new Day One controller back that worked perfectly. Something wrong with some controllers wireless hardware. Only temporary solution with the faulty controller was plugging it into console with a spare
    USB cable.
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

    Xbox Controller not working in games but does on dashboard

    Hello Inheritor,

    Does another controller work fine on the same console? If you have done all troubleshooting thus far, it may be that the controller became faulty. If it is in warranty (90 days from purchase) can get repaired/replaced.

    Thanks,

    Brad
Thema:

Kinect died a few weeks after day one controller became faulty!!!!!!!

Loading...
  1. Kinect died a few weeks after day one controller became faulty!!!!!!! - Similar Threads - Kinect died few

  2. Kinect播放本地视频时缺帧的情况 [Mod Translation-Missing frame when Kinect plays local video]

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect播放本地视频时缺帧的情况 [Mod Translation-Missing frame when Kinect plays local video]: 用Kinect录制视频后,将视频保存到U盘中,再次播放时,发现有缺桢的情况,就想请问一下,能否用Kinect还原当时情况,让视频解析器完整显示出录制时的每一帧画面 [Mod Translation-After recording the video with Kinect, save the video to the USB flash drive. When playing...
  3. Kinect hub with a original xbox?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect hub with a original xbox?: Can i use a kinect hub with my launch model xbox one? I want to be able to run a usb extension in my walls so i can have my kinect under my tv and my xbox on my desk. I know it has the connector...
  4. Kinect Hand kontrols

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Hand kontrols: I have tried like everyting but my hand conttols on my kinect are not working at all the kinect can see that im using my hands but it dosent work. I also can not play games that require Kinect and...
  5. Cortana and Kinect problem

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana and Kinect problem: I have an Xbox One X and I purchased the adapter so I could continue to use Cortana voice commands with Kinect. It was working as expected until it stopped responding on 10/10/19. I tried...
  6. Kinect adapter

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect adapter: Hi i i have just bought a Kinect for XBOX 1 S and need an adapter. I don't know if my Kinect is v1 or v2 the ebay listings confused me. The Kinect says its model 1520 .can anyone advise me please?...
  7. Kinect camera activation light activates with Bing searches

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect camera activation light activates with Bing searches: Any idea why the little Kinect camera activation light comes on every time you search using the Bing search engine on Microsoft Edge? Done a little testing with other search engines and it really...
  8. Replacement Kinect just died the same fate. Support has forsaken me.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Kinect just died the same fate. Support has forsaken me.: Yesterday night I tried to turn on my Xbox One with my voice. It failed. I assumed it was the new update, but alas... my second Kinect refuses to power on, just like the first. The issue is...
  9. My Kinect 2.0 is dying, send it in or buy another?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Kinect 2.0 is dying, send it in or buy another?: So my Kinect 2.0 has started messing up over the past month and it's progressively getting worse. It'll work for a few days and then won't respond or power on. I've tried every single solution to...
  10. My Kinect Died...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Kinect Died...: Well, I've unfortunately joined the ranks of those with hardware failures. My kinect died yesterday and will not turn back on. I've unplugged everything and replugged everything. I'm just...