Kinect hub with a original xbox?

Discus and support Kinect hub with a original xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can i use a kinect hub with my launch model xbox one? I want to be able to run a usb extension in my walls so i can have my kinect under my tv and my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Colton Smith, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Colton  Smith
    Colton Smith Guest

Can i use a kinect hub with my launch model xbox one? I want to be able to run a usb extension in my walls so i can have my kinect under my tv and my xbox on my desk. I know it has the connector already but i need more lengh and i cant find a extension
    cable anywhere.

:)

Colton Smith, Oct 22, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Colton,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We'd be happy to answer that.

As our Xbox Ambassador has stated, there shouldn't be an issue if you are wanting to use the adapter/hub as an extension cord. Instead of plugging the Kinect directly into the console, you would plug it into the hub and then an included USB cable would connect
    the hub to your console.

I can't confirm if this works from personal experience, but the original Xbox One has USB ports so plugging in the Kinect hub shouldn't be a problem. Here is more information about using the Kinect adapter and hub: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/kinect-adapter
  3. blueamcat Win User

The OG Xbox One doesn't need the adapter to use the Kinect. That said, I don't see a reason you couldn't use it anyway. Just check the inputs on your console to be sure its good to go. :)
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi Colton Smith,

basically, the Kinect One works on the output of the initial One console direct and therefore does not require an adapter. Normally it should be possible to connect the Kinect there via the adapter. But I've never tried this. But since you are
    concerned with an extension, I would like to point out that there is a USB cable limit in length: The maximum distance between two USB-connected devices is 30 m – six cables with a length of five meters each, due to the limitation of 5 m per USB cable. d in
    between five hubs. And I do not know if the Kinect behind a Hub works proper!!

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  5. LordFlux Win User

Kinect Fun labs app question

Goto the Game Marketplace, Add-Ons, Passes and Hubs, Game Hubs, and download the Kinect Fun Labs hub. Once downloaded, this hub will show up under My Games and all of the Kinect Fun Labs apps (Kinect Sparkler, Battle Stuff, Mutation Station, etc.) can be
    accessed through it.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

USB Extender / Hub

The 360 will support USB hubs. I'm not sure if Kinect will, though.

You could put a hub on the front ports, but as noted Kinect comes with a solution to the wireless adapter problem.
Thema:

1. Kinect hub with a original xbox? - Similar Threads - Kinect hub original

2. Generation 1 Xbox One with Kinect, HDMI video issue vs ASUS Monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Generation 1 Xbox One with Kinect, HDMI video issue vs ASUS Monitor: Long time abuser of Console and PCs' alike. My xbox was purchased from a close friend in 2013, maybe 2014. Super excited! fast forward several years, this console is still alive and kicking....
  3. problem kinect adapter

in XBoX Accessibility
    problem kinect adapter: Hello everyone! I purchased a Kinect sensor v2 and a Kinect adatper in order to connect the sensor to my pc (Windows 10), where I installed the drivers: Kinect for Windows SDK v2.0 and Kinect for...
  4. Kinect doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect doesn't work: Hy, today when i turned on my console my kinect didn't turn on and my xbox is stucked in the "xbox one" green display. I tried to unplug the kinect and restart the console (following the...
  5. Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart.

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart.: When switching my Xbox on I’ve noticed that the Xbox doesn’t register Kinect commands for around 30sec after a restart or a cold start. After short time it starts registering commands and working...
  6. Kinect automatic zoom

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect automatic zoom: Hi everybody, I bought the kinect with the xbox one x adapter a few days ago, but I can't find the automatic zoom setting, I tried to transmit with twitch or with mixer, but every time I transmit,...
  7. Kinect Revival

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Revival: Bought an xbox one x, hunted down a cable to connect it to the Kinect and now discover the games are limited and the 360 ones are not playable or backward compatible! Surely there is a market to...
  8. Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect: My Kinect Turns On When I Connect It But Then It Turns Off, I Keep On Doing This. Why? My Xbox Is An Xbox One S Gears Of War Edition... 65dd668c-7633-488f-89f7-08942cd31865
  9. Where download Kinect Adventures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where download Kinect Adventures: Hello, recently, i buy a used xbox 360, with kinect, but, didn't come with phisical media of the game Kinect Adventures, have any place thah i can download or buy dgital media of this game? Olá,...
  10. After full shutdown Xbox One X does not recognize Kinect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    After full shutdown Xbox One X does not recognize Kinect.: After update "OS version - 10.0.18363.7194 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1910.18363.7194.190929-1945)" Xbox One X does not recognize (does not turn on) the Kinect sensor after a full shutdown and power...