Kinect loosing video and audio during Skype calls

Discus and support Kinect loosing video and audio during Skype calls in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to use my Kinect for Skype calls. The Kinect seems to turn on and off and reports that another program... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Martizz1e, Dec 14, 2019.

1. /u/Martizz1e
    /u/Martizz1e Guest

For the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to use my Kinect for Skype calls. The Kinect seems to turn on and off and reports that another program is using the device. I don't think I have anything else running so I'm not sure what is causing this.

I don't believe it is hardware related as I swapped it out with a 2nd one and the same issues are still happening.

The light and 3 red dots seem to be there during normal use for the most part.

As a side note, it's seemed to have intermittent issues recognizing voice requests; volume, play, pause, go to, etc

submitted by /u/Martizz1e
    [link] [comments]

/u/Martizz1e, Dec 14, 2019
  2. OCRyzen Win User

Where is Skype for Kinect?

Well group video calling, is only available with Skype Premium & texts also use Skype Credits etc..

If it is anything like Skype for HDTV, that already uses a Kinect like camera.. You also pay a Subscription fee for some features, like voice calls too..
  3. xboxster Win User

Skype help?

Actually, that is not correct. Skype on Xbox One does indeed support using the Xbox headset for Skype calls. if the headset is plugged into the controller, audio input and output will be routed through the headset. there is no way to manually control
    if the headset vs. Kinect is used, however.
  4. The2Twenty Win User

skypeon xbox 360

Skype service was available on 360 for awhile, about half a year to a year ago they took it off. You were even able to make skype calls using the xbox Kinect. The New Kinect will be able to do video chat as well as camera related items. in fact, you can
    pull up Skype directly on the side of your game to video chat while you play. The current kinect had skype, but for reasons unknown to me, they decided to remove that functionality. just wait for the xbox one, it is better in every way to the current generation.
    especially with the kinect.
  5. tohellnbak Win User

How fluid is the transition?

If I had to guess... the Kinect down the road *NEW* from MS, will be about $249.99.. the PS version will be releasing at $199.99 (I remember seeing it somewhere)... my money well spent the first day I ordered pizza from Skype, paused the movie got the food
    at the door and restarted it.. without even looking for the controller....

That is another aspect you will loose with a kinect-less XB1.. No skype, no record that, no simple audio commands.. try to look at the kinect for what it really is... a 2nd controller input device rather than something to lay games with
  6. Archangel610 Win User

Kinect keeps turning off/not working

Didn't help. During the middle of a Skype call the camera froze, other end of the call lost our video and I got the same message saying the camera is being used by another application.
Thema:

1. Kinect loosing video and audio during Skype calls - Similar Threads - Kinect loosing video

2. Kinect for Windows support?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kinect for Windows support?: Hi, I have recently purchased a Kinect for research and not gaming purposed. I am using the Kinect as a 3D scanner, and I am trying to scan trees and root structures in the outdoors. I am...
  3. DVD von Kinect Sports Rivals für meine XBOX All Digital in einen Code wandeln [Convert DVD...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVD von Kinect Sports Rivals für meine XBOX All Digital in einen Code wandeln [Convert DVD...: Hallo zusammen, wir haben uns eine XBOX All Digital zugelegt und eine DVD Version des Spiels Kinect Sports Rivals geschenkt bekommen. Meine erste Anfrage bei MS wurde mir mitgeteilt, dass ich...
  4. Kinect on series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect on series x: its hard to tell it might but we just got to wait for more information 4d48a36f-b220-4db1-bbbc-688edb3e2e03
  5. Gamers Health - Kinect and Exercise Routine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamers Health - Kinect and Exercise Routine: Kinect was a great idea. So sorry, everyone abandons it. Glad to hear people still using it. I forgot about it. Shame. So, without that, I always put some music on Spotify and dance....
  6. Kinect sports on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect sports on Xbox 360?: I bought kinect sports but it wont work on my 360. MS support have said it is outdated and some files need updating on the game itself. Anyone know if there is a later version that will work?...
  7. kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect: Bonjour tous, Je voudrais savoir s'il existe un adaptateur pour mon kinect 360 qui pourrait s'adapter sur une xbox one s. Merci [Mod Translation - Good morning all, I would like to know if...
  8. Kinect Sensor not working with Kinect Sports Rivals

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Sensor not working with Kinect Sports Rivals: Hi, I hope someone can help as I am stuck! Our Kinect Sensor on our Xbox One generally works fine but when trying to play Kinect Sports (bowling is our favourite family game), it won't 'see'...
  9. Kinect is out of warranty while i bought it yesterday on amazon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect is out of warranty while i bought it yesterday on amazon: I bought a Kinect (NEW) for my Xbox one x from amazon. Now I registered it in Microsoft for warranty info and it says out of warranty. WHY ??? And can I claim proper warranty ?...
  10. kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect: Hi I got my son an xbox one s for xmas to replace his xbox one console, when I swapped them over I've noticed there is no socket for his Kinect. Is there a way for this to happen as I've looked...