Kinect microphone not working for game chat warzone

Discus and support Kinect microphone not working for game chat warzone in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My kinect Microphone works in party chat in war zone and modern warfare but not in game chat. Does modern warfare not support game chat with kinect... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ooog83, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Ooog83
    Ooog83 Guest

My kinect Microphone works in party chat in war zone and modern warfare but not in game chat. Does modern warfare not support game chat with kinect microphone?

:)

Ooog83, Dec 26, 2020
  2. guz2221 Win User

I just got a headset and was using that using the mic on the Xbox Kinect.

Hello LAPIII,

Of course you can, to disable the Kinect microphone go to:

# Settings

# Select Kinect

# Uncheck 'Use Kinect microphone for chat.'

Voice commands will also work with the "Kinect microphone being off".
  3. FueledUprising Win User

Voice chat through speakers

I believe I know what the problem is. Mine was working fine, chat coming through headset but then it reversed itself. I believe this was due to selecting "Use Kinect microphone for chat" under Settings>Kinect>Use Kinect microphone for chat. After I unselected
    it the headset was again providing chat ability and not my TV/speakers.
  4. Anonymous23265661212 Win User

i have muted myself???

Try this:

Check the Kinect microphone setting

If you’re using the microphone in the Kinect sensor for chat, make sure no headsets are connected to your console (wired or wireless). Then, make sure the chat microphone on the Kinect sensor is on.

To turn on the Kinect chat microphone:

Sign into Xbox LIVE.

Press the Guide button on your controller.

Select Chat & IM.

Make sure the Kinect microphone is set to On.

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshooting-parties-voice-chat
  5. Jaymo1978 Win User

Does kinect in game chat work for all games?

Hi Sean! Unfortunately, the Kinect does not work for Game Chat in all games, because not all game developers have chosen to include it as an option. For example, in CoD Ghosts, the Activision support team have confirmed, "Kinect does not work for in-game
    chat because Ghosts is designed to require a dedicated microphone." In other words, a mic which isn't also receiving voice commands, etc.

Kinect WILL work for Party Chat in all games, if I'm not mistaken, because this goes through the Party App rather than the individual game programming. The best way to find out if Kinect game chat is supported by a specific game is to check the documentation
    or developer website, because not all developers have chosen to program for the Kinect as a microphone, and it's not always easy to tell if it's working as you'd expect! :)

Hope this helps!
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

¿Porque se me desconecta del xbox live cada vez que intento jugar Halo 4 online? [Translation-Why is I disconnected from the xbox live every time I try to play Halo 4 online?]

Hey there Santiago617KZ,

Thanks for the reply. I recommend trying the following article:
    Turn Xbox 360 Kinect features on or off

• Chat Microphone: Turn the chat microphone on if you want to talk to players while playing a game, or if you are using Video Kinect.

Learn about Video Kinect
      . If you turn off the chat microphone, speech recognition still works.

Try this and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Kinect microphone not working for game chat warzone - Similar Threads - Kinect microphone working

2. 360 Kinect or Microphone doesnt working correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Kinect or Microphone doesnt working correctly: I am an active member of Xbox Live on Xbox 360 and I find it very annoying that my voice chat does not work properly, even with the Kinect unconnected it marks me in an Xbox Live Party that I have...
  3. Can't Get Kinect Sensor Microphone Calibration To Succeed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Get Kinect Sensor Microphone Calibration To Succeed: Hello, I have just received a Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor which I bought used on eBay. It seems to work ok but when I try and perform the Microphone Calibration it always fails. It successfully...
  4. Kinect adapter to use wireless microphone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect adapter to use wireless microphone.: I really don't want to post on here but since customer service couldn't help or give me an email to write directly I am forced to write this on a public forum. I am beyond frustrated with...
  5. My Kinect's Microphone won't work on Ghosts? any thoughts as to why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Kinect's Microphone won't work on Ghosts? any thoughts as to why?: I can only get it to work as of right now on Killer Instinct, I've also tried on Titanfall and Battlefield 4 and neither work as well. All of these are Disc Based games besides Killer Instinct, of...
  6. Kinect Microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Microphone: Hi, so my Headsets microphone is broken and it seems like my controller keeps messing those up, BUT I can still hear in my headset. Question: Is there a way to listen on my headset and use...
  7. Kinect microphone didn't hear me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect microphone didn't hear me: Hello. I have a little problem with my kinect and i need your experience. So the problem is that the kinect microphone didn't hear me when i am playing for example when i am in kinect sport rivals...
  8. Can Chat Though Kinect but not Wired Microphone??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can Chat Though Kinect but not Wired Microphone??: I've contacted xbox support at least a dozen times. Things I've Tried: -Hard Reset xbox -Restore Factory Settings -Getting a new stereo headset adapter for my 2 older controllers -Buying 2 new...
  9. Headset or Kinect microphone doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset or Kinect microphone doesn't work: I can't use my Kinect microphone anymore, i used to speak with it, but doesn't work, so i bought a Headset from my friend to test and see if is my Kinect is broken or something but it doesn't work...
  10. Kinect - microphone and calibrating not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect - microphone and calibrating not working.: Welcome. For some time he began to act very poorly in my microphone in the Kinect. I can not calibrate it - for 3 phase out error, do not start Aug. those sounds which probably have to calibrate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why doesnt kinect chat work with call of duty warzone