Kinect Not Recognized

Discus and support Kinect Not Recognized in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One Kinect had been working fine since I've had it back in November during the lunch of the console. Yesterday however, when I powered on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TangentialShark, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Kinect Not Recognized

My Xbox One Kinect had been working fine since I've had it back in November during the lunch of the console. Yesterday however, when I powered on my Xbox One console, the top left corner of the main screen indicated that my Kinect was not plugged-in even
    though it was. No light on my Kinect lights up anymore and the Kinect tabunder settings is inaccessible. I have tried unplugging my Xbox One from the power-outlet and disconnecting my Kinect and then re-plugging but still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions
    on how to fix the issue? Is it possible the recent June update has caused this?

:)

TangentialShark, Jun 7, 2014
  2. svrangerchrista, Jun 7, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Jun 7, 2014
  4. bigbenx88
    bigbenx88 Guest

Kinect Not Recognized

Actually it's not uncommon for those first production run models to short out. I'd set up an exchange and get it swapped out. Give the support team a call at 800-4-MY-XBOX or you can set it up yourself at myservice.xbox.com

bigbenx88, Jun 7, 2014
  5. Stoyvensen Win User

Help with 2 things

Whenever Kinect doesn't recognize you and sign you in automatically, go to the sign in manually. There is a section there that says "I wasn't recognized" Click it and choose the profile you would like. After a few of these the Kinect will better recognize
    you. Also, the Kinect can see in the dark with detail. So being too dark for the Kinect to see you is false.
  6. IngameInstincts Win User

Help with 2 things

[quote user="Stoyvensen"]

Whenever Kinect doesn't recognize you and sign you in automatically, go to the sign in manually. There is a section there that says "I wasn't recognized" Click it and choose the profile you would like. After a few of these the Kinect will better recognize
    you. Also, the Kinect can see in the dark with detail. So being too dark for the Kinect to see you is false.

[/quote]This . Just want to add that if you have your GT to be signed with password the kinect will recognize you but won't sign you in.
  7. SoloKingxRobert Win User

Xbox One only recognises my Cat

It worked! I recalibrate my Kinect and now the kinect recognizes me
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

Why does my 2nd gt keep signing in on its own?

Do you have your kinect plugged in, and does the system recognize you as that gamertag also? Whats probably happening isthe kinect is recognizing you as both and signing in the secondary profile.
  9. bigbenx88 Win User

Kinect Not Recognized

Actually it's not uncommon for those first production run models to short out. I'd set up an exchange and get it swapped out. Give the support team a call at 800-4-MY-XBOX or you can set it up yourself at myservice.xbox.com
Thema:

Kinect Not Recognized

1. Kinect Not Recognized - Similar Threads - Kinect Recognized

2. How I got my Kinect to be recognized again!!!

in XboX Insiders
    How I got my Kinect to be recognized again!!!: So most of us that still have kinects attaches to our consoles have experienced the issue where it’s no longer being recognized after some of the recent updates. I happened to glance up and...
  3. Kinect doesn't work but recognize

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect doesn't work but recognize: Hello all Since the last alpha skip ahead update kinect doesn't work. I m on xbox one x so I have the adapter for kinect I redid the connections and everything is nickel When I plug USB cable on...
  4. Kinect 1 not connecting or recognized by pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Kinect 1 not connecting or recognized by pc.: Downloaded Kinect for windows SDK V1.7 The downloads show when I go to control panel, but, do not show anyplace else. It appears that everything is in the downloads. Just cannot get to connected...
  5. Kinect not recognized after soft reboot/restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect not recognized after soft reboot/restart: Not sure if this is the right section to post this question in, but for quite some time now, my Kinect isn't recognized after performing a console restart. I can only get the Kinect to come back...
  6. Kinect and TV not recognized anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect and TV not recognized anymore: As of the latest update (sept 16) my Kinect no longer powers up nor does my Xbox turn my TV on or off. I've rebooted, unplugged and power cycled with nothing working. I've removed my TV from the...
  7. Kinect v2 recognized by Windows but LED is off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect v2 recognized by Windows but LED is off: Hi, I bought a Kinect for Xbox One (model 1520) and a Kinect Adapter for Windows. I'm on Windows 8.1 professional. My laptop is an EliteBook 2540p. As it doesn't have native usb 3 on it, I also...
  8. Problem: Kinect is not recognized by main unit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem: Kinect is not recognized by main unit: Hello I have console X BOX ONE with Kinect - because the cable to Kinect was too short, I bought a Kinect adapter for USB PC - so far the adapter works properly - Kinect was connected to the...
  9. (Major Software/Update Problem) Kinect No Longer Recognizes My Voice 90% of the Time, Works ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Major Software/Update Problem) Kinect No Longer Recognizes My Voice 90% of the Time, Works ...: Really hope to get an answer from someone at Xbox about this as I made a Reddit post at it seems I'm not alone. VERY recently (a few weeks ago) I noticed my Kinect (which has always worked great)...
  10. Xbox One Won't Recognize Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Recognize Kinect: I purchased a used Xbox One in November. It is still under warranty until August 2016. Once purchased, I wanted a Kinect. I purchased one from eBay from a verified seller with 100% feedback....