Kinect on Xbox One X Not Working Anymore

Discus and support Kinect on Xbox One X Not Working Anymore in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the kinect adapter and the one X. It worked fine at first, but for some reason its not working anymore. Was there an update that messed things... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JuggJuggs, Jan 13, 2021.

1. JuggJuggs
    JuggJuggs Guest

I have the kinect adapter and the one X. It worked fine at first, but for some reason its not working anymore. Was there an update that messed things up. When I plug it in my xbox recognizes the kinect, but the xbox logo on the kinect doesn't turn on.
    In the settings it says there was a problem with kinect. I followed the troubleshooting instructions to no success. Can anyone help, suggestions etc? Thanks

:)

JuggJuggs, Jan 13, 2021
  2. von zechstein Win User

Microsoft buying back my Kinect?

Not all support issues can be fixed on the forums. Especially when it comes to something like a refund that would require more security.

The kinect will work with the One X. You just need an adapter which is nothing new. The kinect has required an adapter since the One S was released in 2016.
    Indeed you just need an adapter. But the adapter is not available anymore. So in reality the Kinect is not working on a brand new Xbox One X.
  3. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Kinect Support for XBox One X

The Kinect will work on the Xbox One X. It just needs the adapter. Assuming it's the right adapter, then it should work fine with Kinect games and voice commands.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/kinect-adapter

The Kinect is definitely not built into the Xbox One S or X. That saleman was misinformed.
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

Which Kinect games are backward compatible with xbox one x

No Xbox 360 games that require the Kinect for Xbox 360 sensor are back-compatible. All Xbox One titles that require or use Kinect for Xbox One will work with Xbox One X provided the user has the required Kinect Adapter for Xbox One S/X models.
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Discontinued Kinect adapter means microsoft lies about compatability

You failed to include this little tidbit from that link -

If you plan to use a Kinect sensor with Xbox One X or Xbox One S, you'll need a Kinect Adapter. For details, see
    How to use an Xbox One Kinect Sensor with Xbox One X or Xbox One S.

Or you can look at this -

Compatible with everything Xbox One

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-x?xr=shellnav

Xbox One accessories work with Xbox One X

The Xbox One accessories you’ve got now (or have got your eye on) work with Xbox One X *2

No hassle. Just play.

*2 - Excludes the Xbox One S stand that works exclusively with the Xbox One S.

Xbox Kinect Adapter (sold separately) required for Kinect on Xbox One S and Xbox One X.

I'm not finding where they lied here regarding the compatibility.

You can voice your feature request here -
    https://xbox.uservoice.com
  6. von zechstein Win User

Microsoft buying back my Kinect?

No they wont buy it back.
    I'm expecting Microsoft will as they are a decent company. But also because Microsoft states on their website (https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one-x):

Xbox One accessories work with Xbox One X
    The Xbox One accessories you’ve got now (or have got your eye on) work with Xbox One X.2 No hassle. Just play.

So there are three options I believe:

1. Microsoft are scammers as the Kinect will not work on the XBox One X at all.

2. The Kinect will work without hassle on my new Xbox One X. Well this isn't true unfortunately.

3. They made a mistake, can happen, and compensate Kinect users.
Thema:

1. Kinect on Xbox One X Not Working Anymore - Similar Threads - Kinect Working Anymore

2. Kinect not working problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kinect not working problem: My kinect not power on i restarted my console still says theres a is sue bc428c56-879f-443c-b3f6-189e78a1e001
  3. Kinect Not working on my twich app as streaming cam

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Not working on my twich app as streaming cam: Is there any issue with the kinect and twich? Twich app does recognise the kimect mic but not the camera. I have tried everything but still not working... Any idea why this is happening? Any...
  4. Xbox Kinect sport rivals requires me to reinstall the game to make Kinect work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Kinect sport rivals requires me to reinstall the game to make Kinect work: Hi everyone my wife and i have to reinstall the Kinect sports rivals game before every play session or elder the Kinect won’t pick us up. After reinstalling Kinect works only for the first time...
  5. Microsoft Teams meetings no longer working via Edge on Xbox with Kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Teams meetings no longer working via Edge on Xbox with Kinect: My son has been using the Edge browser on an Xbox One to access online schooling on Microsoft Teams. This was working fairly well for several weeks, using the Kinect camera video and Xbox audio in...
  6. Kinect will it still work on the xbow 360 it comes with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect will it still work on the xbow 360 it comes with: I have an xbox 360 kinect bundle and my question is will the kinect still work on this consule 52181125-50ab-4fdf-994a-95385b0e6dae
  7. How do I get my kinects camera and mic to work with Twitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get my kinects camera and mic to work with Twitch?: No matter what I do I cannot get my camera and microphone from my kinect to work alongside my twitch streams on the xbox one twitch app! It has worked in the past but recently after the new update...
  8. Why isn’t Kinect sports season 1 not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn’t Kinect sports season 1 not working: I was trying to play the first kinect sports but it had an error i cleaned the disk and it didnt work there were just little scratches on the disk was kinect sports removed in 2021? Or is my disk...
  9. Kinect microphone not working for game chat warzone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect microphone not working for game chat warzone: My kinect Microphone works in party chat in war zone and modern warfare but not in game chat. Does modern warfare not support game chat with kinect microphone? 0415ff93-8f12-4faf-b294-e57a999ceb17
  10. Is Kinect completely dead? Not working anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Kinect completely dead? Not working anymore: I just noticed over the past couple weeks that my kinect seems to not be working anymore. All I'd really use it for was to turn on and off the console, go to netflux/hulu and play pause. But it...