Kinect use for game chat

Discus and support Kinect use for game chat in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, I currently am looking to play MW along side my friends however I seem to be restricted to using my Kinect for party chat only I have checked... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FinnbarrMoore, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Kinect use for game chat

Hi all, I currently am looking to play MW along side my friends however I seem to be restricted to using my Kinect for party chat only I have checked all my settings, requested support from the gamer's chat however no one can help me with my issue. Now
    as the games move towards crossplay I am finding myself unable to use game chat through my Kinect however the party chat function is working absolutely fine while using the Kinect. I can't find a reason why this issue is happening, yes I could try to use a
    headset however with the controller some may say yet I am currently using the older model of controller that doesn't have an AUX slot and I find it perplexing that I have the hardware to use the game chat function however the Kinect will not pick this up.
    Would anyone be able to assist?

:)

FinnbarrMoore, Apr 21, 2020
  2. MorseyBaby Win User

Kinect use for game chat

Some games don't seem to recognise the Kinect's microphone I believe - it's how they're picking up the input
  3. AiA Calichin Win User

Voice chat - COD Ghosts

Hello

Yes you can use your kinect for voice chat

Go to settings>kinect then check if the use for game/voice chat is check marked if not check mark it then use it for game chat knowing how COD has many players in game chat

I hope this helps!
  4. The 1 Mr E Win User

My Kinect's Microphone won't work on Ghosts? any thoughts as to why?

with battlefield 4 you need to go into your settings and enable Kinect for chat. Ghosts MADE it so the Kinect would not be able to be used for in game chat thankfully. However, using your Kinect to chat in most shooters, people will mute you, due to the
    fact that the Kinect picks up ALL background noise, not just your voice.
  5. Haunted Spider Win User

Kinect

I use Kinect as a mic for Ghosts but it has very big limitations. The Kinect in general has a setting that allows it to pick up your voice and use it as a mic if no mic is plugged in. This works on several games but not Ghosts. Ghosts does not recognize
    the Xbones mic and will not try to use it. So you can use the mic to chat, but only if you are in a party. You can host a party switch to game chat and nothing will happen, it will not recognize the mic. But if you stick with party chat in a gamemode that
    allows you to play with party chat, then you can chat with your party, but you will never be able to chat with the lobby using the Kinect in Ghosts, at least as of now and the current updates.

So there you have it, Use the Kinect for friends in a party, but no Kinect for game chat in ghosts. So looking forward to the adapter when it comes out for my headset.
  6. DaVille06 Win User

In game chat with kinect?

Ghosts doesn't support in game chat through the Kinect. Other games do (BF4 for example), but Ghosts does not. This is not an error with your Kinect device. You can switch to party chat and use the Kinect that way, but game chat is not supported with the
    Kinect in Ghosts. Hopefully they will have a patch of some sort to take care of this, at least until some viable headsets become available.
Thema:

Kinect use for game chat

1. Kinect use for game chat - Similar Threads - Kinect game chat

2. Xbox One - Using Kinect for Game Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Using Kinect for Game Chat: Hi, Looking for some help. My son uses a headset for fortnite party chat but has managed to break two already. He is currently hearing the other players in the party chat through his TV speakers...
  3. Kinect game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect game chat: Apparently the new kinect sensor doesn't allow in game chat through its microphone. My son has slight sensory issues and doesn't like using headsets. With the kinect sensor on the xbox 360 he...
  4. I can use xbx one Kinect how microphone in game chat lobby?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can use xbx one Kinect how microphone in game chat lobby?: Hi , i try to use a kinect to speak in game lobby, but not work (for example COD:advance warafare and other), i'ts my error or is impossible?! fc770c15-bb50-498c-8488-c31bcf3aad3b
  5. How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?: FROCED to use kinect for fhat after 2 new mics barely used have already broken, thanks Xbox fir that, but i have not found yet the setting to turn off game sound so i can ACTUALLY HEAR what...
  6. Cannot hear chats through kinect, party or game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear chats through kinect, party or game.: Seems like every time xbox addresses a problem something else pops up. This month it's 'not being able to hear through kinect'. I refuse to use the sub standard headset that came with the...
  7. Does kinect in game chat work for all games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does kinect in game chat work for all games?: Sometimes I wonder if anyone hears me ... i talk sometimes during games and noone replies lol does the kinect always work to chat or do I have to use the headset for some games?...
  8. Kinect not working as a mic for in-game Chat/Party.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect not working as a mic for in-game Chat/Party.: Kinect works. Camera/detection is fine. Microphone is fine (Calibrated, and even commanded my xbox to bing "tacocat"). But it's not working in-game or in party chat.. What's up? :(...
  9. kinect not working for ghost game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect not working for ghost game chat: when my headset is not plugged in while I'm playing ghost i can not talk thru my kinect 6179f597-9c91-4deb-b2f6-2998f72b5020
  10. Kinect won't detect voice for game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect won't detect voice for game chat.: I have gone through the settings and have made sure that it is set to "on" for game chat but it still does not work? Kinect works for everything else though, it also works in party chat just not...