Latency issues with Xbox one on multiplayer servers only.

Discus and support Latency issues with Xbox one on multiplayer servers only. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all! I've had this issue for a few months and am struggling to figure out a fix. Long story short, I have direct-to-home fiber internet and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by epaact, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:12 AM.

1. epaact
    epaact Guest

Hey all!

I've had this issue for a few months and am struggling to figure out a fix.

Long story short, I have direct-to-home fiber internet and when running network statistics on my Xbox, it reports that I have around 900 mbps download and 500 mpbs upload, with about 30ms ping. Great, right? I am using an ethernet.

I launch Call of Duty (for example) and queue up a game of Warzone. Check my network statistics in-game and all of a sudden my latency is dramatically bouncing between 60-250ms! Most games it's above 100 and still hitting the 200's. Why!? What could possibly
    cause this to happen?

Would it help to change any of the DNS settings (lots of this mentioned in forums)? Is there anything I can do on the Xbox side of things that would help this?

Thanks for your time!

:)

2. ZombieDeano Win User

Confirmation that there IS a FAULT on UK/European Server

The fault only seems to be with your connection. My latency is, and always has been approx. 150ms. It pings a US server. This is normal.

I've never had any noticeable latency issues with multiplayer games.

I don't get how you make the leap from an issue with your connection to now affecting every Xbox One owner in the UK?

You've made 3 separate threads about this now and nobody else has these issues. I think we can assume the problem is only with your connection.
  3. FearedNightmare Win User

IP or URL from de Networking test of xbox one

The latency shown in the network settings on the Xbox One is not an accurate representation of your ping since it pings the servers in Seattle and not the nearest or best one. The packetloss does however state that there's an issue with your network. Can
    you go through the troubleshooting steps on this page by selecting the High Packetloss option ? support.xbox.com/xbox-one/networking/multiplayer-connection-error-solution
  4. timatouba Win User

Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

I have the same issue. I tried everything on this site:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/server-connectivity-xbox-app-displays-blocked

My Xbox App Settings:

Internet: Connected

Live-Services: Running

Multiplayer:

NAT-Type: Open

Server connectivity: Blocked

Latency: 185ms

Paketloss: 1%

Any Ideas?
  5. Mister Beep Win User

High Latency Good Connection

Do you see this latency within a specific multiplayer game (where your Xbox pings specific dedicated servers), or do you see this latency within the Detailed network statistics test with the Xbox One's network settings? Are you connected wired or wirelessly? We'll
    need that information, along with the listed information below to further understand the issue.

• Region:
    • ISP:
    • Router brand & model:
    • Modem brand & model:

Keep us posted!
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

BF3>COD

[quote user="Odd is the MILK"]

I prefer Battlefield 3. Although I enjoy COD, dedicated servers go along way.

[/quote]Interesting you brought that up becayse CoD will have dedicated servers on the Xbox One. If that takes care of the latency issues that have been around since Blops, then that's a huge improvement, for me.

Now it's up to IW to make a good multiplayer.
Thema:

1. Latency issues with Xbox one on multiplayer servers only. - Similar Threads - Latency issues multiplayer

2. High Latency Issues

in XboX Networking Hardware
    High Latency Issues: High Latency Issues For pretty much 4 days now, I’ve been having major latency issues due to my connection to the servers. This has been the most frustrating week for me because I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox High Latency Issue

Xbox High Latency Issue: Xbox High Latency Issue What do I need to do to fix the issue when my latency jumps from 68ms to 756 ms when playing multiplayer matches like COD? I noticed that when less people are using...
  4. Video Issues since update AUTO LOW LATENCY , SAMSUNG 65" Q9FN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video Issues since update AUTO LOW LATENCY , SAMSUNG 65" Q9FN: I have a Samsung 65" Q9 TV and it has AUTO LOW LATENCY mode where it switches between game mode and normal by itself however it seems since the update occasionally when playing it switches to GAME...
  5. Latency Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency Issues: This is an odd issue I'm having where my latency is high on my Xbox One but not my PC. I usually sit around 14-20 ms on PC in games but when I run a speedtest on my Xbox the lowest I get is 60 ms...
  6. Odd latency issue I can't pin down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd latency issue I can't pin down: (Preface: I'm in Australia, which may or may not be relavent... NBN and so forth) Hello tech wizards, I am going to eat my Xbox with battery acid for brekky if I don't get to the bottom of this...
  7. How to fix latency issues for game streaming

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix latency issues for game streaming: Im currently trying to connect my xbox one s to my phone to stream and my network is fast, having 40mbps download and 18mbps upload. The problem is the latency and i do not know how to fix it. Any...
  8. Xbox Streaming Preview Latency Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Streaming Preview Latency Issue: Hey guys, Just attempted to setup xbox streaming but I can't proceed because my latency is being detected as above 125ms. Does anyone know if this is latency between the console and the phone or...
  9. : LATENCY ISSUES!!!

: LATENCY ISSUES!!!: : LATENCY ISSUES!!! Yes i have tried. It doesnt work. Its the same. If anything, my packet loss increases when i use a LAN cable If we could start focusing on the packet loss over Ethernet....
  10. Latency Issues with Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency Issues with Xbox one: I have always had some issues with first person shooter games(COD) even though I am hard wired and I know hosting is a huge part of those issues. However the new Modern Warfare's lag is down right...