Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD ...

Discus and support Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When browsing games installed on the Xbox 1 console you used to be able to see which were installed on the internal HD and which were installed on an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by grimscar, Jul 25, 2017.

1. grimscar
    grimscar Guest

Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD ...

When browsing games installed on the Xbox 1 console you used to be able to see which were installed on the internal HD and which were installed on an external HD (being able to transfer between them, or browse which games were on which HD).

This option is no longer available on my Xbox 1.... has anyone else noticed this?

Has this come about as the result of a recent update? Or is there a work around?

The games are still available / accessible off both internal / external HD's but there is no way to determine what is installed where!

Many thanks in advance,

K.

:)

grimscar, Jul 25, 2017
  2. Tronder 007
    Tronder 007 Guest
    Should External Hard Drives be switched off?

As I understand it system updates will as Hydro skillet says be unstalled on the internal Hd but game updates will be installed to the Hd where the game is installed... I have left the external drives on my two Xbox One consoles on and haven't had any negative
    experiences with that..

Tronder 007, Jul 25, 2017
  3. CaptCanary
    CaptCanary Guest
    System automatically downloading a duplicate Sunset Overdrive to external HD

I already had Sunset Overdrive installed from disc to my internal HD, but as it was free with GWG I thought I'd download to get the digital licence so I could play without disc.

As soon as I "purchased" I could play my originally installed copy, without having to insert the disc - which is the same as other digital versions of games I've installed, which previously required a disc.

I recently attached an external HD, which is the default location now for my downloads.

When I logged on this morning I noticed on my bandwith usage there was around 24GB downloaded last night. I went to play Sunset Overdrive and it said it couldn't sync date and to try again.

I then looked at my external HD contents and saw it had Sunset Overdrive installed to it, despite it being on my internal HD, and being played using the digital licence yesterday.

Is it normal for the system to think that it needs to download the whole thing again to the external HD? Maybe it doesn't check to see if it's already on the internal one?

CaptCanary, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Leo Invictus
    Leo Invictus Guest

From the guide or home, go into Games & Apps, and at the very top there are four drop-down menus which you can use to sort your games and apps. One of them says "All Storage." Click on that and you can sort by games installed on internal or external drives.

I'm not in the preview/insider program, so this applies to the current general release dashboard.

Leo Invictus, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Leo Invictus Win User

Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD (respectively).

From the guide or home, go into Games & Apps, and at the very top there are four drop-down menus which you can use to sort your games and apps. One of them says "All Storage." Click on that and you can sort by games installed on internal or external drives.

I'm not in the preview/insider program, so this applies to the current general release dashboard.
  6. Tronder 007 Win User

Should External Hard Drives be switched off?

As I understand it system updates will as Hydro skillet says be unstalled on the internal Hd but game updates will be installed to the Hd where the game is installed... I have left the external drives on my two Xbox One consoles on and haven't had any negative
    experiences with that..
  7. CWCruisin18 Win User

Disk space on xBox one x

Check Settings>System>Storage and see what drive defaults as the installation location.
    Hi. Both the internal (which only has one game installed) and the external which has 24 games installed still show available space. 727.6GB on internal and 3TB on external. Internal is listed as the capture location.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

GTA won’t load

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the update on the issue. Try installing the game specifically on the internal drive instead of the external drive. Once installed and launch, then move it to the external HD. Personally have had this issue with games on an external drive. Once
    installed on internal they worked great.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. RABBIT sco Win User

Digital games will not load on external and internal hard drives

It's happening to Evolve, Ghosts, PVZ,and NFS rivals.

the games are on both external and internal hd so it must be the latest update that has done it.

I have redownloaded Evolve twice and still the same.

Microsoft should have sorted it out before releasing the update or put in an option to un install it
Thema:

1. Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD ... - Similar Threads - Latest System Update

2. Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Resume the Media Player App After Latest System Update (Restarts After Playing a Game): I know I must be the only one who uses the Media Player app on a regular basis, but after the latest system update, it keeps restarting when switching back after a game. This was not the case...
  3. After updating the latest system, my Elite 2 controller also experienced disconnection...

in XboX Insiders
    After updating the latest system, my Elite 2 controller also experienced disconnection...: In the previous 3 months of use, my elite 2 controller has never been disconnected, but after updating the system in the last two days, my elite 2 controller also has disconnected. I have nothing...
  4. LATEST SYSTEM UPDATE!

in XBoX on Consoles
    LATEST SYSTEM UPDATE!: NEED NEW SYSTEM UPDATE NOW! Xbox one S needs a new system update now! With the latest update 3-4 weeks ago my Xbox has been buggy, im not able to receive my achievements, I am not able to see my...
  5. LATEST SYSTEM UPDATE!

in XBoX on Consoles
    LATEST SYSTEM UPDATE!: PLEASE FIX THE LATEST UPDATE! With the latest update that the Xbox one S had gotten a few weeks ago, there seems to be a lot of problems with it. First, my achievements won't pop at the bottom of...
  6. Latest Update 2006.200609-0000 bricked my system, cannot reset or restore

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Update 2006.200609-0000 bricked my system, cannot reset or restore: Hoping someone from Xbox Support sees this soon, Partway through the installation of 2006.200609-0000 there were failures, and now I am unable to restore the OS. I receive all kinds of different...
  7. Since latest system update my Xbox One X consol does not work any longer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since latest system update my Xbox One X consol does not work any longer: Hi, latest system update of my Xbox One X (installed 31.05.2020) leeds to some serious bugs. Because of error during installtion of latest system update I had to recover factory settings....
  8. Xbox one X Latest update system failed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X Latest update system failed: Most recent update fail i cant get jt to pass 21% its only 541mb size. I try everything also i cant get xbox to go into troubleshoot menu did everythng just takes me back to lets update screen....
  9. I have been experiencing a flashing white screen since the latest system update that went...

in XboX Insiders
    I have been experiencing a flashing white screen since the latest system update that went...: I have now been experiencing a flashing white screen since the latest system update that went out for the Delta Ring. this happens every time I go to press the Xbox button on my console every day...
  10. Latest System Update Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest System Update Issues: I recently got a notification that there was an OS update for my Xbox One. It seems it was updated to 10 0.19041.1927, but encountered an error during the initial installation. I performed a...