Latest Xbox App looks for new games in the wrong location

Discus and support Latest Xbox App looks for new games in the wrong location in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Since the latest update of the Xbox Windows 10 App (Gamepass/Beta, whatever), any NEW games I download and try to play look in the WRONG location for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CSEngineer, Jan 22, 2021.

1. CSEngineer
    CSEngineer Guest

Since the latest update of the Xbox Windows 10 App (Gamepass/Beta, whatever), any NEW games I download and try to play look in the WRONG location for the game. Games I previously downloaded still work (6 of them) without an issue.

I have 3 drives in my PC, a small NVMe for boot and apps, then 2 larger SSDs for Game storage. All of the Xbox games are installed on D:, and until the most recent update every game I downloaded and installed worked without a hitch. The ones I downloaded
    before still work, but any new games install fine, but trying to run it is looking to find the game on C:, and I can't get it to look anywhere else.

I've been through every step in the troubleshooting (reinstall Xbox app, reinstall the game, change storage settings, run several different reset commands in PowerShell, etc, etc). So any new things to try here, registry edits, something so I can play Control
    and Doom Eternal would be great.

I have screen shots of my settings

Xbox app and Error box

Xbox default install and Storage Settings

:)

CSEngineer, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Drop Tank 68 Win User

wrong location in apps

I wondered if it might have something to do with my isp. It's at&t.
  3. {Parity} Win User

wrong location in apps

That may be a question best directed to the app's support group. Also, make sure your console region is set correctly.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

wrong location in apps

Location on the internet is usually determined by where the app or software thinks that IP address is being assigned out at. Your ISP may have a relationship with a larger business that is registered or exists in Cleveland.
  5. Christyna64 Win User

wrong location in apps

The location might be given by your ISP. I know my location comes up as places that are in different areas that I'm not located in. Do you have your default location set in your Microsoft account? You can set this in the Maps app, in settings change default
    location. I don't know if this will affect you Xbox.
  6. Korhog Win User

wrong location in apps

If your device have not the GPS then your location detecting by network.
Thema:

1. Latest Xbox App looks for new games in the wrong location - Similar Threads - Latest App looks

2. Issue with launching games and apps (latest beta update 01/26/21

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with launching games and apps (latest beta update 01/26/21: When launching a game or application it'll close itself and needs to be opened a second time, was wondering if anyone else is having this? submitted by /u/Sir_Doggimus [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox app on Kindle Fire 8 HD Issues Latest app Build and Kindle OS

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app on Kindle Fire 8 HD Issues Latest app Build and Kindle OS: I'm Having Issues with the app displaying No data consoles One S and Series X and Xbox App My xbl Profile (oops looks like you're stranded) try again restart app error I'm thinking network Issues...
  4. how to upload a custom profile picture on the latest version of the xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    how to upload a custom profile picture on the latest version of the xbox app: hi, so I just made my little brother an account for Xbox. But he wants a custom profile picture to be uploaded so I tried but I'm unable to find the setting on how to do that. I am aware that...
  5. The latest xbox app for iOS is, so bad I don’t even know from where to begin.

in XboX Insiders
    The latest xbox app for iOS is, so bad I don’t even know from where to begin.: Custom profile pictures, before the old app allowed us to change the profile picture right from the app, and if we want we could even use a picture from our camera roll. This new updated version...
  6. The latest beta of the iOS Xbox app was released 90 days ago. Will a new version arrive?...

in XboX Insiders
    The latest beta of the iOS Xbox app was released 90 days ago. Will a new version arrive?...: [IMG] submitted by /u/gam3sfan [link] [comments]
  7. After latest Alpha update My Games & Apps take ages to load

in XboX Insiders
    After latest Alpha update My Games & Apps take ages to load: After the latest Alpha update My Games & Apps take ages to load, and the recent apps/games won't show up in the guide. Starting a game takes more than 5 minutes. Did a hard restart but that isn't...
  8. Latest update messes up video apps. Makes screen dark and shows unwanted achievement stuff...

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update messes up video apps. Makes screen dark and shows unwanted achievement stuff...: Today I was watching stuff on Amazon prime and after awhile the screen kept getting dark and displaying the date and a bunch of achievement junk. It seems like whatever used to keep the xbox from...
  9. Problem with playing any movies while using the 2019 app latest version of the app when I...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with playing any movies while using the 2019 app latest version of the app when I...: When I have started noticing and experiencing this issue with the 2019 movies app I have tried restarting my console and that didn’t fix the issue. so then I tried unplugging my modem then...
  10. Latest app update cause crashes after about an hour of continuous streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Latest app update cause crashes after about an hour of continuous streaming: Has anyone else had this problem while streaming from your Xbox? Everything works fine for about 45-60 mins then I get the problem with your network icon. Both networks are fine. What I can figure...