Latest Xbox update and external drive detection?

Discus and support Latest Xbox update and external drive detection? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Like the title says, after this latest update Xbox is no longer detecting my Mybook external storage device. I've gone through all the steps, power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scout Fennec X3, May 30, 2019.

1. Latest Xbox update and external drive detection?

Like the title says, after this latest update Xbox is no longer detecting my Mybook external storage device. I've gone through all the steps, power cycling, checking/unchecking things, unplugging everything, trying different ports, etc. Nothings worked.
    I've plugged the device into my computer and it's being detected there so my guess is its the newest update that's causing it. I'm part of the Insiders program and I've reported the issue if that helps. Something like this has happened before, might have been
    due to a previous update, but I've been using the device for over two years. The only thing I haven't tried is a new cable which should arrive in 2 days, but if my computer is detecting the device without any issues I'm assuming its not the case. Is there
    anyone else reporting this issue/ is it being looked into? Any further help would be much appreciated.

:)

Scout Fennec X3, May 30, 2019
  2. Geth Win User

Xbox ruined my external hardrive

Unplug the external drive.

Reset the Xbox back to factory settings.

Run through the latest Xbox update, and then plug in the external hdd.
  3. chillgreg Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

I am in the Preview Program, have the latest update, and have had no problems with my Xbox recognising the external hard drive.
  4. ZaP Tag N Bag Win User

Xbox ruined my external hardrive

Unplug the external drive.

Reset the Xbox back to factory settings.

Run through the latest Xbox update, and then plug in the external hdd.
    a volunteer told me to do that on support, I did it and nothing worked
  5. Thee Widdler Win User

Resuming games not working

I'm having the same problem using an external drive and have tried everything. It only seems to be since the latest preview update that the issue has started for me, games were resuming fine from the external drive beforehand.
  6. TheVet96 Win User

Hello Scout!

As the other Ambassador mentioned, with the external HDD. Let's give this other solution a shot.

If your console doesn’t detect an external storage drive

Solution 1: Make sure you’ve installed any recent updates to Xbox One

It’s possible that there were recent updates to Xbox One and that you need to manually update your system for it to detect your external storage. To update:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select System > Settings > System > Updates.
    2. If you see Update available, there’s an update you need to install.
    3. After you’re done installing the update, go back to Settings and select System > Storage. See if your device appears in the list.
    If your storage device still doesn’t appear, or if there were no pending updates, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Adjust the power management for storage if you’re in Instant-on mode

Check your power setting. If you’re in Instant-on mode:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
    3. Confirm that your Power mode is set to Instant-on.
    4. Unselect the option When Xbox is off, turn off storage.
    5. Restart your Xbox, and then go to Settings and select System > Storage and see if your device now appears in the list.
    Solution 3: Other things to try

If your Xbox One still isn’t detecting your external storage device:

1. Remove and then reconnect the storage device.
    2. Connect the device to a different USB port on the console.
    3. Power cycle your console:
      1. Press the power button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds.
      2. Turn on the console again, and then see if it detects the external drive.
Thema:

1. Latest Xbox update and external drive detection? - Similar Threads - Latest update external

2. Latest Update now my external HD not showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Update now my external HD not showing up: My seagate external HD was working perfectly, until the recent update. I have checked it extensively on my laptop, and it’s functional. Plug it in to any Xbox USB port, nothing. It only shows my...
  3. After installing latest ASA update 4TB external drive not detected

in XboX Insiders
    After installing latest ASA update 4TB external drive not detected: It was working 5 minutes before updating. Its formatted for games and apps. A NTFS formatted 16GB drive can be detected. I checked power settings and tried different usb ports but the 4TB drive is...
  4. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?: I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it I can't start any of the games on it. Now...
  5. Latest Xbox update Corrupted External HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest Xbox update Corrupted External HDD: Wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue? Last night I was playing on xbox and my External HDD was working fine, got up the next day and saw new Dashboard update. Thought it wasn't...
  6. Latest Xbox updates (feb 2020) stopped internal moves or installs on my external drive

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Xbox updates (feb 2020) stopped internal moves or installs on my external drive: Constantly would get installation stopped errors. Drive could be seen. reformatted drive. Drive works on a PC. Tried everything Eventually took the Xbox out of the insider omega preview and...
  7. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

in XboX Insiders
    The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive: On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive wasn’t being picked up by the Xbox so I thought...
  8. Recently installed only shows 5 latest updates (3tb external) be nice to get a list to see...

in XboX Insiders
    Recently installed only shows 5 latest updates (3tb external) be nice to get a list to see...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Bravedwarf1 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox one latest update with external hdd problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one latest update with external hdd problem: As can see on this picture my xbox one is off and been off for over 3hours now but my external hdd is on and not flashing say it's getting used as it's just stayin light and the drive is spinning...
  10. Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest X1 System Update, cannot see which games installed on Internal / External HD ...: When browsing games installed on the Xbox 1 console you used to be able to see which were installed on the internal HD and which were installed on an external HD (being able to transfer between...