Latest Xbox update Corrupted External HDD

Discus and support Latest Xbox update Corrupted External HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue? Last night I was playing on xbox and my External HDD was working fine, got up the next day and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MoonEaterWolf, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Latest Xbox update Corrupted External HDD

Wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue?

Last night I was playing on xbox and my External HDD was working fine, got up the next day and saw new Dashboard update.

Thought it wasn't too bad, went to play the same game i was playing last night and it told me to reinstall it.

Was thinking maybe it just was not reading HDD properly with the new update, so restarted console and still nothing. I look at the External hard drive and its light was off but disk was still spinning.

No sign of the disk on xbox, plugged into PC, no sign of it anywhere, not in disk management or diskpart.

Disk is still spinning so I'm trying to Uninstall the device, might be able to recover it, if not i may have just lost a 2tb External.

Not happy to say the least, wondering if anyone has had anything similar?

I have restarted console, followed this https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage and nothing.

:)

MoonEaterWolf, Mar 1, 2020
  2. MoonEaterWolf Win User

Sadly it isn't working on my partners xbox one S either.

I have a feeling it just a coincidence that it has started failing on me, but it not working after xbox updating is just making me wonder.

PC can be a good test as if you know what your doing you can completely wipe the disk and format on the xbox again.

devmgmt.msc can still see the disk so it may not be lost yet.

More than anything just wondering if it's my bad luck or something that has happened to someone else.
  3. JayBoseley Win User

Update has [Mod Removed Profanity] up majority of hard drives or better way to say it would be that xbox's are only reading high end hard drives and they've also gotta be over 1tb (maybe 2tb cant remember fully)
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

Connecting the drive up to a PC is not a good test to see if the drive is still working as an Xbox formatted drive won't show on a PC. The drive would need to be reformatted for the PC if you wanted to use it after it's been formatted for an Xbox One.

If you have a second console (of the same generation if possible - i.e. if it was on an Xbox One X, try it on an Xbox One S or X) try connecting it there to see if you get the same behavior. If you don't have a second in your procession, see if a friend/family
    member has one that you can connect your drive to in order to do the check.

External hard drives can go bad at random times. It doesn't happen very often, but it can happen. I've had it happen to a hard drive I connected to my Xbox. I connected the drive to 3 different consoles and none of them read the drive. That's when I realized
    the drive died.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. This thread is a bit old, so it will be locked due to its age. If you require support or would like to start a discussion, don't hesitate to create a new thread. We look forward to hearing more from you
    soon!

Thanks again
  6. JULIOROSAS1 Win User

I updste my xbox last night and external hard drive got corrupted. I tried connecto to pc, imac, another xbox and nothing.

Had to reformat (lost all my games) and worked great. Super fustrating :(
Thema:

1. Latest Xbox update Corrupted External HDD - Similar Threads - Latest update Corrupted

2. Latest Update now my external HD not showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Update now my external HD not showing up: My seagate external HD was working perfectly, until the recent update. I have checked it extensively on my laptop, and it’s functional. Plug it in to any Xbox USB port, nothing. It only shows my...
  3. Latest xbox update cause a graphics issue with Destiny2?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest xbox update cause a graphics issue with Destiny2?: I just got a new xbox series X yesterday and when I play destiny 2 there are pixelations all over the screen that I can’t get rid of no matter what trouble shooting I try. I’ve tried factory...
  4. Microsoft Edge keeps closing, started with the latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing, started with the latest update: If I navigating youtube it closes, or any other site. No error message or anything just crashes and brings me to the home screen. submitted by /u/GeezyBoy_Jan [link] [comments]
  5. Since the latest Update: Xbox Boot-Sequence is gone

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest Update: Xbox Boot-Sequence is gone: I'm on Series S and there was a Firmware-Update about 2 days ago? The System is showing me there was also an Update today, yet my console was fully shut down. Anyway: The Boot-Sequence with the...
  6. 4k dashboard isn't working after latest delta update

in XboX Insiders
    4k dashboard isn't working after latest delta update: After the latest beta and delta updates we received 4k dashboard, but I'm 100% sure my dashboard is still 1080p I've tried everything from switching from 1080p back to 4k, I've done power cycle...
  7. Latest update has caused Twitch streaming issues

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update has caused Twitch streaming issues: Every since the last update I've not been able to stream on Twitch using a camera. I'm on the Series X and every time I try to start a stream with my camera plugged in my stream immediately shuts...
  8. Latest alpha update appears to have broken the guide

in XboX Insiders
    Latest alpha update appears to have broken the guide: Error message as follows: Please try again For some reason Xbox Report a Problem took too long to start. (0x8027025a) Another side effect I've noticed are that notifications are not popping...
  9. Controller Battery Problem After Latest Update.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Battery Problem After Latest Update.: I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead program, after the latest update for the Xbox One Controller, my controller still drain the battery when is off, and I have Original Battery for Xbox Controllers, I hope...
  10. latest controller update, anyone else

in XboX Insiders
    latest controller update, anyone else: Ever since thisahis latest update my Elite Series 2 has started having a drift upwards from the left stick. I would have said this was drift(which would piss me off since this thing is less than...