Launch Events

Discus and support Launch Events in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Does your community still have launch events for games or consoles? Do you have any really cool launch event memories? With everything going digital... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Koop1985, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:02 AM.

1. Koop1985
    Koop1985 Guest

Launch Events

Does your community still have launch events for games or consoles?

Do you have any really cool launch event memories?

With everything going digital these days, launch events have definitely disappeared in my area but they provide me some really great memories. Waiting in line for a midnight launch with other gamers who are all sharing the same excitement. Running home
    to put the game in to get a couple hours of play in before going to sleep in the early am. Getting that brand new console.

There was a recent one at my local EB for the Pokemon launch but I didn't go. I heard from staff that about 300 people made it during the 3 hour event where they could try different Pokemon games, participate it draws and buy cool merchandise.

I hope they do one for the Xbox because I'll be there.

:)

2. ItzAprilLol Win User

Launch Events

At the halo launches gamestop use to have competitions in the parking lot on a big screen. They even had the army there once with tanks and hummers. I miss waiting all night for a game and the little extras you use to get. Like the first 100 get a poster
    or add ons for the game.
  3. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Launch Events

That's so cool, I would love to go to another launch event, and meeting the creators of the games in person would be incredible.
  4. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Launch Events

I went to a call of duty modern warfare launch at a GameStop one time, lots of people and the line was crazy to get the game.
  5. Nolan Coker Win User

Launch Events

I have never participated in a launch event. I also waited for the game to be on sale.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Launch Events

The GameStop at out mall has always done midnight releases of really big games not so much consoles themselves. I think they had a little party for the Xbox One and PS4 but other than that the biggest thing I remember the launch event for Halo 3. I remember
    it pretty clearly. They had a bunch of the Xbox 360/TV demo stations lined up down the corridor of the mall and they had tables out for snacks and stuff. There were like two mall security guards on either end of the main corridor where the GameStop was before
    they moved it to make sure the only place in the mall anyone went was the GameStop, the bathroom, and that hallway. Everyone who bought a copy of the game got a free shirt, I think I still have mine in a box, somewhere.
Thema:

Launch Events

1. Launch Events - Similar Threads - Launch Events

2. Today xbox console streaming test has launched in my country. I have insiders app on my...

in XboX Insiders
    Today xbox console streaming test has launched in my country. I have insiders app on my...: [IMG] submitted by /u/WYYNFC [link] [comments]
  3. Minecraft not launching on xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft not launching on xbox one s: I just got a new xbox one s digital. It came with a code for minecraft and have entered it correctly, it downloaded but I am unable to play it. Would anyone know why please? It just goes to the...
  4. Problem to launch Sea of thieves on microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem to launch Sea of thieves on microsoft store: Hello everyone, I bought Sea of thieves (to play on pc) on the Microsoft Store with my Microsoft account, then I created a Xbox live account. Each time I want to launch the game on PC, I got...
  5. Xbox Accessories App Won't Launch on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories App Won't Launch on Xbox One: I've tried power cycling the system and restarting the application, but still, every time I try to launch the Xbox Accessories application, it shows the app logo, then closes to the home screen....
  6. Problem is now progressively getting worse with Free movies 2019 app when I went to launch...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem is now progressively getting worse with Free movies 2019 app when I went to launch...: Xbox Insider Staff I have been exspirienceing a really bad issue now with the Free movies 2019 app when I go to launch the Free movies 2019 app and when I go to pic any movie to watch useing the...
  7. Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...

in XboX Insiders
    Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...: Major issues launching anything I can't launch the hub to report this. I think my external hard drive is dying and causing issues on my X1X (Skip ahead alpha). When installing games, it gets...
  8. Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer . When trying to launch games via xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer . When trying to launch games via xbox app: Since yesterday when I try to launch any game via xbox app , store or xbox companion app " Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer pops up" Clicking yes or no I always get the same outcome I...
  9. Can't join an Event if you don't start it right after event launch time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't join an Event if you don't start it right after event launch time.: If you are already logged in and waiting for the event to begin, you can't join the event. I was logged in to Solitaire Collection this morning but missed clicking on the Event until 4 minutes...
  10. Crashes as soon as I launch game streaming - event ID 1000

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crashes as soon as I launch game streaming - event ID 1000: Hello, For the past few days as soon as I try to stream to the Xbox App from my Xbox One S the application crashes. It used to work and there have been no hardware changes since it worked. I...