Launching anything

Discus and support Launching anything in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son has had this xbox 1 since Christmas with no problems. Now when he tries to launch a game or You tube it keeps giving him an error code. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MonicaFears, Sep 12, 2019.

1. MonicaFears
    MonicaFears Guest

Launching anything

My son has had this xbox 1 since Christmas with no problems. Now when he tries to launch a game or You tube it keeps giving him an error code. I plugged in the error code and micro soft says that code does not exist.

:)

MonicaFears, Sep 12, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Launching anything

3. XBF Brad A Win User

Launching anything

Hello Monica,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. We understand no game or app will launch on the Xbox. What is the error code you get when you try and launch a game? First try a

power cycle
    on the console. If that doesn't work and still unable to launch anything, we recommend a

soft factory reset
    . before doing this, make sure you know the credentials for the profile/s on the console as they will be removed. You will have to re-download the profiles after the reset.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Launching anything

Try a hard reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until the console shuts off.

Unplug the power cable and wait for 5 min before plugging in back in.

That might fix the problem
  5. Ronin St. John Win User

Xbox one x not launching anything

Thank you so much. I'll definitely try this and let you know for sure! It would probably be as late as tomorrow to know for certain.
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox one won’t launch anything :(

Hello there @DixieNormous726, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh.
    I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console to check if it's
    installing this time.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
Thema:

Launching anything

1. Launching anything - Similar Threads - Launching anything

2. Xbox one x not launching anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one x not launching anything: So far the past week I've been having multiple issues with my Xbox one X. It's the Gears 5 edition and only 3 years old bought new. My console has been unable to launch games or apps. Pretty much...
  3. Xbox app won't let me launch or install anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me launch or install anything: Anything I can do except standard troubleshooting? The game just puts me on gaming services page and yes I did installed and reinstalled it and took fixes from previous threads but none worked...
  4. Why do I keep the "getting your game ready" message almost every time I launch anything?

in XboX Insiders
    Why do I keep the "getting your game ready" message almost every time I launch anything?: It seems to be mostly for smaller games and apps. Just launching the Insider hub always shows this message now submitted by /u/TotalFark [link] [comments]
  5. Windows Store not letting me download anything, and not letting me launch games on the Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Store not letting me download anything, and not letting me launch games on the Xbox...: I've looked for an entire afternoon to try and figure out a fix to this issue, and have tried WSReset.exe and even uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Store. I am trying to launch Forza...
  6. Xbox series S won’t launch anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S won’t launch anything: My Xbox series S will not launch anything, no games or apps, only settings. I have power cycled it factory reset it but keeping my games and apps but nothing works, it still just tells me that the...
  7. Is Microsoft doing anything in response to scalpers ruining the Series X launch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft doing anything in response to scalpers ruining the Series X launch?: Since their release last November, the Xbox Series X has been borderline impossible to find, and unless you’re willing to pay a scalper ridiculous amounts of money, you’re probably not getting one...
  8. Xbox one won’t launch anything :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won’t launch anything :(: Please help me figure this out!!! so any time i try to launch a game or app on my xbox one, my xbox cuts off roughly 20 seconds later. I have tried every kind of restart that there is an updated...
  9. After last update (pre alpha skip-ahead), my Xbox refuses to launch ANYTHING.

in XboX Insiders
    After last update (pre alpha skip-ahead), my Xbox refuses to launch ANYTHING.: After last update, my Xbox refuses to launch any games or apps. Only thing I can do is to go to settings or to visit the store. I just really hope that it is because of the update and not...
  10. Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...

in XboX Insiders
    Major issue causing periods of time where I'm unable to launch anything, sometimes even the...: Major issues launching anything I can't launch the hub to report this. I think my external hard drive is dying and causing issues on my X1X (Skip ahead alpha). When installing games, it gets...