Leaving Insider program after factory reset?

Discus and support Leaving Insider program after factory reset? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I recently purchased a used Xbox One S from a couple. It had a few issues with it, one being the fact that it wouldn't update properly. So I found... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/shiggydiggydoo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Leaving Insider program after factory reset?

So I recently purchased a used Xbox One S from a couple. It had a few issues with it, one being the fact that it wouldn't update properly. So I found the online support for update issues, and I followed all the instructions up to the factory reset, which I did. Now when it starts it "prepares update" but always fails at 16%. And when I try to update offline with a flash drive it won't work. Doing research online, I found that if the console was enrolled in the Insider program it would often have trouble updating, especially after a factory reset. I have no idea if the console was part of the program. In case, is there a way to remove myself from the program with just the serial number? Or is there another way to remove myself without being logged into the account? Like I said, it might not even be the issue, but I'm running out of possibilities. Is there a way to tell from this stage if it was even enrolled in the program?

One final possibility, if I pop out the HDD, reformat it, and put the files on from the computer, would that unenroll it from the program as well?

submitted by /u/shiggydiggydoo
    [link] [comments]

/u/shiggydiggydoo, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Fox McCloud l Win User

Network Port changing on its own

OK Since that might be a case factory reset the console and report it to the insider program reddit to look into please

Factory reset link : https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Insider reddit link : https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxPreviewProgram/
    I plan to report it to the Insider Program when I get home.

Took a look at that subreddit. Looks useless as there are posts from 6+ months ago that still havent been answered.

Resetting my console is a waste of time. Whether a Soft or Hard reset. Since I am part of the Insider Program, as soon as my console reboots after the reset it will turn around and reinstall the update we just got rid of by resetting the console. Right back
    to square one.

The simplest solution is probally to leave the Insider Program. Yet what happens if I leave Insider Program, reset console and still have the same issue? Years of effort in Insider Program gone to waste. Not worth it.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck again at 50%

G'day,

Are you in the Insiders preview program?

If you are, OSU's (offline system updates) should NOT be used unless you first leave the program. Leaving the program usually entails doing a factory refresh which will install the latest General Public release.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

offline update dont work

If you are in the Xbox Insider program you CAN'T use the offline system (OSU) method to update your console unless you leave the program.

Leaving the program generally results in a Factory reset which is probably your best course of action.

Make sure you know your account details and passwords prior to performing a factory reset.
  5. jerbear30ky Win User

Xbox Insider how to know if unrolling

if you want to leave the insider program factory reset your console you will still get the updates until the wave ends
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Leaving Xbox Insider

Just like to add that the Xbox Insiders FAQ may assist and that when using the Insider Hub there is an option
    under Manage that allows you to leave program.

Keep in mind that leaving may require a factory reset, so make sure you have your account details and password.
Thema:

Leaving Insider program after factory reset?

1. Leaving Insider program after factory reset? - Similar Threads - Leaving Insider program

2. Help to leave the xbox insider program

in XBoX on Windows
    Help to leave the xbox insider program: Necesito ayuda para dejar xbox insider desde la aplicación de Windows 10, y ya he contactado con el soporte técnico de xbox y han tenido que enviarme aquí porque cuando me dicen que ingrese la...
  3. Want to leave Insider program

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to leave Insider program: I've been having a lot of freezing troubles with my One X, I talked with the support team and try everything they told me, power cycles, hard reset, factory reset even doing an offline update and...
  4. Xbox still recieving at least an update a Day after leaving the insider program weeks ago

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox still recieving at least an update a Day after leaving the insider program weeks ago: I'm not quite Sure I posted this in the right Forum and I apologize if I have it wrong. But I left the xbox insider program around the end of May because, well, My internet speed isn't the...
  5. I want to to leave the insider forum program

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to to leave the insider forum program: i want to leave the insider forum program can anybody assist me 6f944e92-6fbb-4d80-a717-f2ce65b486a2
  6. How to leave the preview program/insider hub

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to leave the preview program/insider hub: My achievements page wont load the xbox support chick said come here, if i leave the program will this issue be fixed? also how do you leave the program? 5465132b-f90d-4ef2-9908-c2e4d66aebc9
  7. Cant Leave the Insider Program

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant Leave the Insider Program: Hi Support, I was about to leave the Insider program. But everytime i wanna do this i get the Messege, login with the Email on which i joined the Preview Program back in the Days. A while ago i...
  8. How can I leave the preview program(insider program)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I leave the preview program(insider program)?: Hello i want to leave the preview program but i have the next problem: To prevent a console from being removed from a preview without your consent, some previews require the user who joined the...
  9. How can I leave the preview program(insider program)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I leave the preview program(insider program)?: }Hello i want to leave the preview program but i have the next problem: To prevent a console from being removed from a preview without your consent, some previews require the user who joined the...
  10. How can I leave the preview program(insider program)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I leave the preview program(insider program)?: Hello i want to leave the preview program but i have the next problem: To prevent a console from being removed from a preview without your consent, some previews require the user who joined the...