Legacy Headsets and Chat Quality?

Discus and support Legacy Headsets and Chat Quality? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have the old (pre-2013) Astro A40s. They sound amazing with Dolby turned on. No issues with game sound. My problem is that voice chat sounds like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JustinMShook, Aug 6, 2014.

1. JustinMShook
    JustinMShook Guest

So I have the old (pre-2013) Astro A40s. They sound amazing with Dolby turned on. No issues with game sound. My problem is that voice chat sounds like crap in game. People say I sound HORRIBLE. If I skype chat on the X1 with friends they say my voice
    sounds crystal clear. I have seen a lot of people posting about this issue. So my question is if anyone is using a legacy headset that gets great in game chat? I picked up the X04's to try and hold out until I see what Astro/MS/343 are working on, but the
    X04's and having some static/crackling issues when it comes to game audio (it's an adapter issue I think. It seems like all the "Next Gen" headsets are having the same static/crackling issues because of the adapter. I can't seem to get the best of both worlds
    at the moment with great voice chat and game audio.

I was thinking of ordering the Tritton 720+ and seeing how it does. Is anyone using these? Is voice chat good in game? I assume game audio is going to sound great on anything that is connected using the optical cable. I assume my X04's are having issues
    with game sound because of the chat adapter and not because of the headset itself (this seems to be the general consensus).

:)

JustinMShook, Aug 6, 2014
  2. chemicalsora
    chemicalsora Guest
    A mic jack? Seriously?! Lol.

"So legacy headsets will now work without the adapter?"

This is, most likely, the reason why Microsoft did the controller revision. It doesn't make the adapter moot but it's good to know that future owners of the console won't need it for their legacy headsets.

chemicalsora, Aug 6, 2014
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Question about Turtle Beach Earforce X1

Hey there Ferret Fo Sho!

Sorry to hear about the mic issues! According to the official
    Turtle Beach Earforce X1
    page, the Xbox One is not listed as a supported console and the product has been discontinued. I would recommend that your friend invests in an Xbox One supported headset so he can hear game audio and chat.

Hope that helps! Legacy Headsets and Chat Quality? :)

Mister Beep, Aug 6, 2014
  4. chemicalsora Win User

A mic jack? Seriously?! Lol.

"So legacy headsets will now work without the adapter?"

This is, most likely, the reason why Microsoft did the controller revision. It doesn't make the adapter moot but it's good to know that future owners of the console won't need it for their legacy headsets.
  5. Raist999 Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

Same issue with iPhone headset. Audio works great, in party chat, others here high pitch whistle. While less than desirable, it may be that the adapter is not designed to work with inline mic's. Look at the last item in the list below. "Any 3.5mm stereo
    headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter"

I hope that the headset can work.

From XBOX.COM Headset Adapter page:

For game audio:

- Legacy gaming headsets get game audio from the back of the console from the S/PDIF port or from your TV/receiver with RCA cables. Get chat audio by connecting the 2.5mm chat cable to the adapter

- New Xbox One headsets – get chat and stereo directly from the adapter. No need to connect anything to the console

- Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Question about Turtle Beach Earforce X1

Hey there Ferret Fo Sho!

Sorry to hear about the mic issues! According to the official
    Turtle Beach Earforce X1
    page, the Xbox One is not listed as a supported console and the product has been discontinued. I would recommend that your friend invests in an Xbox One supported headset so he can hear game audio and chat.

Hope that helps! :)
  7. CrackinBacks Win User

xbox one adapter sucks

I wonder if anybody that has a legacy headset similar to the Turtle Beach X12s that include a Dolby Digital processor plug in is having the same issues as those who are trying to use Legacy headsets directly to the adapter? It sounds like the firmware update
    is the problem. You would think that MS would test this before releasing to the public. I'm going to get an adapter tomorrow to see if my setup has the same issues.
  8. f00xm4n Win User

Legacy headset adapter WILL BE available

yay lol cheers eviltedi

I don't have a legacy headset but reading all those that drop a lot of money on them I am glad it will not be money down the drain.
Thema:

1. Legacy Headsets and Chat Quality? - Similar Threads - Legacy Headsets Chat

2. Ya no me aparece la opción de descargar Minecraft gratis desde la versión de Legacy(La...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ya no me aparece la opción de descargar Minecraft gratis desde la versión de Legacy(La...: [Title translation-I no longer get the option to download Minecraft for free from the Legacy version(The old version)] Hace un año atrás había adquirido Minecraft en formato físico (La...
  3. Teredo adapter not in device manager or legacy hardware

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo adapter not in device manager or legacy hardware: Hello, I've had a problem where my teredo adapter is not working properly so I looked around the internet trying various solutions but none have worked since i do not have the adapter showing up...
  4. Xbox Legacy vs New Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Legacy vs New Gamertag: Hello all, If I create a new Xbox account, will my gamertag get a randomly-generated 4-digit string of numbers after a hashtag next to it, similar to Discord? Also, is there such thing as a...
  5. Transferring the Legacy save from Hitman 1 onto Hitman 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring the Legacy save from Hitman 1 onto Hitman 2: I am transferring my old save on Hitman 1 to Hitman 2. Can I uninstall Hitman 1 whilst its transferring or do I need to wait for it to be completed then uninstall Hitman 1? I am only asking...
  6. XBox Console Companion App (legacy and Beta) Audio Delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox Console Companion App (legacy and Beta) Audio Delay: I'm trying to set up streaming to my Windows 10 PC using the console companion app. Both the console and my PC are connected to a gigabit network switch with cables so no wifi is involved. The...
  7. AC Odyssey DLC: Legacy of the First Blade Achievment BUG

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AC Odyssey DLC: Legacy of the First Blade Achievment BUG: Hello! I completed Assassins Creed Odyssey for 160 hours, i finished all main and sub quests, but i have 1 locked achievment. By comparison with other players, I found that this is a “Bittersweet...
  8. unable to recover legacy XBL account

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to recover legacy XBL account: This is one hell of an IT issue. And the Virtual Agent is of no help and getting a human being on the phone is near impossible. I had a chat with a helpful agent who said theyd raise this issue...
  9. Infinite Warfare Legacy Pro Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Infinite Warfare Legacy Pro Edition: Hey, If I purchase a copy of Infinite Warfare Legacy Pro on Xbox ONE, will I receive all current DLC maps being Sabotage, Continuum, Absolution and Retribution? I'm a bit unsure as I've just gone...
  10. left thumb stick on xbox controller will not invert even when I select Legacy and check invert

in XBoX on Consoles
    left thumb stick on xbox controller will not invert even when I select Legacy and check invert: Hi, for some reason when playing halo the left thumbstick will not move the halo figure forward when I push forward on the left thumbstick. I slected the legacy setting and then tried to invert...