Legacy Headsets and Chat Quality?

Discus and support Legacy Headsets and Chat Quality? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have the old (pre-2013) Astro A40s. They sound amazing with Dolby turned on. No issues with game sound. My problem is that voice chat sounds like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JustinMShook, Aug 6, 2014.

1. JustinMShook
    JustinMShook Guest

So I have the old (pre-2013) Astro A40s. They sound amazing with Dolby turned on. No issues with game sound. My problem is that voice chat sounds like crap in game. People say I sound HORRIBLE. If I skype chat on the X1 with friends they say my voice
    sounds crystal clear. I have seen a lot of people posting about this issue. So my question is if anyone is using a legacy headset that gets great in game chat? I picked up the X04's to try and hold out until I see what Astro/MS/343 are working on, but the
    X04's and having some static/crackling issues when it comes to game audio (it's an adapter issue I think. It seems like all the "Next Gen" headsets are having the same static/crackling issues because of the adapter. I can't seem to get the best of both worlds
    at the moment with great voice chat and game audio.

I was thinking of ordering the Tritton 720+ and seeing how it does. Is anyone using these? Is voice chat good in game? I assume game audio is going to sound great on anything that is connected using the optical cable. I assume my X04's are having issues
    with game sound because of the chat adapter and not because of the headset itself (this seems to be the general consensus).

:)

JustinMShook, Aug 6, 2014
  2. chemicalsora
    chemicalsora Guest
    A mic jack? Seriously?! Lol.

"So legacy headsets will now work without the adapter?"

This is, most likely, the reason why Microsoft did the controller revision. It doesn't make the adapter moot but it's good to know that future owners of the console won't need it for their legacy headsets.

chemicalsora, Aug 6, 2014
  3. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Question about Turtle Beach Earforce X1

Hey there Ferret Fo Sho!

Sorry to hear about the mic issues! According to the official
    Turtle Beach Earforce X1
    page, the Xbox One is not listed as a supported console and the product has been discontinued. I would recommend that your friend invests in an Xbox One supported headset so he can hear game audio and chat.

Hope that helps! Legacy Headsets and Chat Quality? :)

Mister Beep, Aug 6, 2014
  4. chemicalsora Win User

A mic jack? Seriously?! Lol.

"So legacy headsets will now work without the adapter?"

This is, most likely, the reason why Microsoft did the controller revision. It doesn't make the adapter moot but it's good to know that future owners of the console won't need it for their legacy headsets.
  5. Raist999 Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

Same issue with iPhone headset. Audio works great, in party chat, others here high pitch whistle. While less than desirable, it may be that the adapter is not designed to work with inline mic's. Look at the last item in the list below. "Any 3.5mm stereo
    headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter"

I hope that the headset can work.

From XBOX.COM Headset Adapter page:

For game audio:

- Legacy gaming headsets get game audio from the back of the console from the S/PDIF port or from your TV/receiver with RCA cables. Get chat audio by connecting the 2.5mm chat cable to the adapter

- New Xbox One headsets – get chat and stereo directly from the adapter. No need to connect anything to the console

- Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Question about Turtle Beach Earforce X1

Hey there Ferret Fo Sho!

Sorry to hear about the mic issues! According to the official
    Turtle Beach Earforce X1
    page, the Xbox One is not listed as a supported console and the product has been discontinued. I would recommend that your friend invests in an Xbox One supported headset so he can hear game audio and chat.

Hope that helps! :)
  7. CrackinBacks Win User

xbox one adapter sucks

I wonder if anybody that has a legacy headset similar to the Turtle Beach X12s that include a Dolby Digital processor plug in is having the same issues as those who are trying to use Legacy headsets directly to the adapter? It sounds like the firmware update
    is the problem. You would think that MS would test this before releasing to the public. I'm going to get an adapter tomorrow to see if my setup has the same issues.
  8. f00xm4n Win User

Legacy headset adapter WILL BE available

yay lol cheers eviltedi

I don't have a legacy headset but reading all those that drop a lot of money on them I am glad it will not be money down the drain.
Thema:

1. Legacy Headsets and Chat Quality? - Similar Threads - Legacy Headsets Chat

2. Legacy of Kain Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Legacy of Kain Backwards Compatibility: I really hope this gets seen and taken into strong consideration, because we may be few, but I believe that there are enough of us loyal fans who would pay anything to at least get Soul Reaver 2,...
  3. Hitman 2 error of price on Legacy Pack ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman 2 error of price on Legacy Pack ?: Hello, I noticed a pricing error on the Hitman 2 Legacy pack. Indeed on PS4 and Steam this one costs only 20€ while it 's 70€ on Xbox. PS Store :...
  4. Minecraft skin packs purchased on legacy editions unavailable (bedrock edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft skin packs purchased on legacy editions unavailable (bedrock edition): Just recently I've been unable to use the skin packs i purchased back on the 360 version of the game. Up until now ive had no problem using them on the bedrock/better together edition. Now its...
  5. Teredo Tunneling Adapter doesn't exist on device manager and add legacy hardware

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo Tunneling Adapter doesn't exist on device manager and add legacy hardware: Hello, I recently installed windows 10 on my computer, and the installer automatically updated most of my drivers to their newest versions. Unfortunately, the Teredo Tunneling Adapter was not...
  6. Hitman Legacy Pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman Legacy Pack: Hello, I've been having problems with accessing content for the game Hitman 2. Brief overview: I have a physical copy of Hitman, the Definitive Edition, installed, including all bonus missions...
  7. Hitman Legacy Pack Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hitman Legacy Pack Issues: I got Hitman from Game Pass and installed it all. I already have the Starter Pack from the second game but when checking for the Legacy Pack in-game, it doesn't exist. I have done everything that...
  8. Need an opinion im a legacy xbox 360 test player

in XboX Insiders
    Need an opinion im a legacy xbox 360 test player: I want to join the insider club i did on 360 but is it safe to do on xbox one im scared of rigging mi console on pre updates how often are the threats of permanently damaged xbox ones. submitted...
  9. Looking for a way to get hitman legacy pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for a way to get hitman legacy pack: Hi all I have tried many different ways now but for some reason I am unable to download the hitman (goty) legacy pack for hitman 2 I own hitman definitive edition on disc (have redeemed the code)...
  10. Call of Duty: Infinite Warefare Legacy Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warefare Legacy Edition: Hallo, ich habe mir das oben genannte Spiel gekauft. Leider bekomme ich es nicht hin, das Modern Warefare zu spielen?! Kann mir hier jemand weiterhelfen wie ich dieses Downloade oder...